Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
After Trimming or Splitting Clip screen goes black
Kyle [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 05, 2009 22:33 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
As you can see from the topic anytime I split a clip or trim it, the preview goes black and it will also produce in black as well. Also the program works perfectly fine unless I split or trim. Ive tried patching the program and also a few different codecs. Video Inspecter says I need intel H.264 and Im using the FFDSHOW MPEG codec.

Anyone know what makes the screen go black just because I split or trim? Am I missing something? Do I have to render or something?

Thanks!!!!

Motoxxx [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 28, 2008 23:26 Messages: 7 Offline
[Post New]
I wonder if it could just be that you don't have enogh video RAM? Since this program processes in realt time by accessing the files on your drive, it could be that the video memory is just getting bogged down searching for the correct spot in the clip.

Just my two cents. Affordable Medical Insurance
Discount Dental Plan
Washington Health Insurance
Homeowner Insurance Quotes
scott [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 15, 2009 01:51 Messages: 13 Offline
[Post New]
im also having this very same problem but only when trimming an avi (mpeg4, hd) file

can someone please help! WWW.E-CIG-REVIEWS.COM

if you are looking for a healthier alternative to smoking then visit my site to watch unbiased reviews on the latest electronic cigarettes, electronic cigars and electronic pipes.
Kyle [Avatar]
[Post New]
I have found that this is due to how my camera encoded the video. Use a video converter and convert to another format and you should be fine. xilisoft HD video converter did the job perfectly for me! Program runs smooth as silk after that. goodluck
scott [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 15, 2009 01:51 Messages: 13 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: I have found that this is due to how my camera encoded the video. Use a video converter and convert to another format and you should be fine. xilisoft HD video converter did the job perfectly for me! Program runs smooth as silk after that. goodluck

hi mate,

what format do you recommend? i still want to keep the HD quality!

cheers,

scott WWW.E-CIG-REVIEWS.COM

if you are looking for a healthier alternative to smoking then visit my site to watch unbiased reviews on the latest electronic cigarettes, electronic cigars and electronic pipes.
Kyle [Avatar]
[Post New]
I recommend xilisoft converter ultimate it gives you tons of HD choices. I cant notice any drop in quality, in fact you can even upconvert I think. Anything you convert it to will probobly work. I used MPEG2 so my files would play on the 360