Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Quality?
Chris [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Alabama Joined: Dec 31, 2007 11:49 Messages: 30 Offline
[Post New]
I have been a PD user since PD5. I really like how user friendly everything is! I do have a question to anyone out there about quality of video.

When I insert a video(mpeg) that has already been made, then add some text to it or effects everything looks great! Now keep in mind the video I insert is very high quality and high resolution. However, when I produce a video file the quality of my video is like day and night.

When I play the original video(without PD7) through a projector onto a screen the quality is flawless. However, when I produce the same video that is high quality through PD7 it is like I said "day and night." Looks terrible!

Am I not doing something right, or has anyone else had this issue?

PS. I am not taking a video and making it higher resolution than the original. I am keeping it the same and sometimes even smaller. What is the deal? Through Christ,
Chris
OnTheWeb1
Contributor Location: Michigan USA Joined: Jan 02, 2009 12:58 Messages: 511 Offline
[Post New]
Have you tried increasing the bit rate? Re-rendering an existing MPG files tries to compress it again at certain settings with certain bit rate. Increasing the bit rate is the most likely factor in improving final quality. Win8 64-bit Pro Retail
Intel i7-4770
16GB DDR3 1600 8-8-8-24
MSI Z87-G45 Motherboard
ASUS GTX 660 Direct CU II OC 2GB GPU
1 TB RAID 1 (mirrored) Drive Array
Several scratch drives for video, TMP, pagefile.
Chris [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Alabama Joined: Dec 31, 2007 11:49 Messages: 30 Offline
[Post New]
I just tried and increased it to 1000 bit rate seemed to work better.

Thanks! Through Christ,
Chris