Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Cyberlink Pricing Misleading, Is It Fraud ?
Jeff R 1 [Avatar]
Senior Member Joined: Jan 09, 2010 14:05 Messages: 176 Offline
[Post New]
I was lead to believe when I purchased Power DVD17 that I was being charged in Canadian dollars, you can pick your native cuurency at the top of the page in your shopping cart.

Mine worked out to be 44.95 Canadian after my 10% discount for the upgrade.

I then found that I was actaully charged 44.95 US, so I eneded up paying around 61.00$ Canadian.

If Cyberlink is charging everyone in US dollars, why does the shopping cart page allow one to choose the currency of their choice ?

Why even bother to allow people to choose their cureency when everyone pays in US dollars then.

I have requested a refund, I don't need Power DVD 17 that bad.

I would say that's fraud.

https://forum.redfox.bzhttps://forum.redfox.bz/threads/powerdvd-17-ultra-officially-released.72481/page-3#post-464835/threads/powerdvd-17-ultra-officially-released.72481/page-3#post-464835

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Apr 18. 2017 12:38

[Post New]
Hi Jeff,

That's an unfortunate experience! I hope Cyberlink is responsive and sorts it out quickly.

I can't imagine it was a delberate fraud, though I understand why you'd feel ripped off. It has to be a glitch in the website, don't you think, or maybe wording not being sufficiently clear for you to make correct choices?

For what it's worth, I've recently bought a few Cyberlink products from this website, in my case in Australian dollars, and had no troubles, So it is possible! ;
QC2.0 [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Apr 27, 2016 04:02 Messages: 610 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I was lead to believe when I purchased Power DVD17 that I was being charged in Canadian dollars, you can pick your native cuurency at the top of the page in your shopping cart.

Mine worked out to be 44.95 Canadian after my 10% discount for the upgrade.

I then found that I was actaully charged 44.95 US, so I eneded up paying around 61.00$ Canadian.

If Cyberlink is charging everyone in US dollars, why does the shopping cart page allow one to choose the currency of their choice ?

Why even bother to allow people to choose their cureency when everyone pays in US dollars then.

I have requested a refund, I don't need Power DVD 17 that bad.

I would say that's fraud.

https://forum.redfox.bz/threads/powerdvd-17-ultra-officially-released.72481/page-3#post-464835

Hi Jeff,

I don't use US dollar for credit card purchase overseas. Just let shopping cart select the curreny by default, and no issues before when purchasing on CyberLink store.

Any update of this case?
Do they help you cancel this order or clarify any problems?
Is it shopping cart bug or fraud?

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Apr 20. 2017 21:39

Jeff R 1 [Avatar]
[Post New]
It turns out that even though I am in Canada, the shopping cart page placed me in the US, so I was charged in US dollars.

Cyberlink did contact me (took a few days) and offered a full or partial refund, so I took the partial.

I still didn't get back the full 16.51$ though, Cyberlink and or cleverbridge (who knows) rounded it down to 15.00$ _ what ever...

What I didn't like about this whole thing is the fact that cleverbridge told me that everyone is chatged in US dollars and my credit card company converted the 44.95 to US, when in fact this wasn't true at all.

Cleverbridge seemed a liitle too quick to sweep this under the rug.

EDIT:

Looks like the 15 bucks being refunded is in US funds, so I'm actually making a few bucks _ that's great ! cool

Thanks Cyberlink !

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Apr 21. 2017 14:50

tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
It is good that something got done. The company involved might have realized a mistake. The price in US Dollar = 49.95 while the price in Canadian Dollar = CAD 49.95 today. It was priced last week without the CAD prefix for Canada when I looked.

It is cheaper in Canada than in the US. It is only partially corrected by adding the CAD prefix. They need to fix this again.
[Thumb - CAD$.jpg]
 Filename
CAD$.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
Price in CAD and US Dollar here.
 Filesize
338 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
67 time(s)

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Apr 21. 2017 16:00

Jeff R 1 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Need to fix it again ?

It's always been like this as far as I can remember, the US and Canadian amounts were always the same.

It's only now that the exchnage is so terrible that there is such a large difference.

The only time I can remember that the dollaer was worse when it was at .69 cents to one US dollar.