Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
need to transfer my power director 15 program to another computer--do I have a lot of time reinstall
Gil_fromaustintx0404 [Avatar]
Newbie Location: near Austin, TX Joined: Mar 31, 2012 03:36 Messages: 16 Offline
[Post New]
am I correct in saying that ya'll only allow a certain time what if I take a long time to find another computer and ya'll want me to re-install quickly. and what do ya'll need the serial # from the software?
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
Quote am I correct in saying that ya'll only allow a certain time what if I take a long time to find another computer and ya'll want me to re-install quickly. and what do ya'll need the serial # from the software?
Did you save the downloaded files somewhere? (External HD?). If you failed to save the files, shame on you. Cyberlink support is the only option.

If so just use those downloaded files to install on a new computer. Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

Gil_fromaustintx0404 [Avatar]
Newbie Location: near Austin, TX Joined: Mar 31, 2012 03:36 Messages: 16 Offline
[Post New]
Quote am I correct in saying that ya'll only allow a certain time what if I take a long time to find another computer and ya'll want me to re-install quickly. and what do ya'll need the serial # from the software?
Did you save the downloaded files somewhere? (External HD?). If you failed to save the files, shame on you. Cyberlink support is the only option.

If so just use those downloaded files to install on a new computer.

sorry 4 not being clear. i had a bo copy of power dir 15. i just uninstalled it cause i am selling computer. i will need 2 later install it again but I would like 2 shop around 4 a computer and it might take time. shouldnt i have d option of re-installing at my convenience & not by a limited amount of time of your choosing or is it my understanding that i can download some files from your website and i am suppose to just save it n reinstall at my convenience? please advise. thanks.

Gil
GGRussell [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Jan 08, 2012 11:38 Messages: 709 Offline
[Post New]
Where did you get the idea that you had a limited time to reinstall? You can reinstall it any time you want. I've never had an issue. Just make sure you use the same email,etc., to re-register that you used the first time.

I think Carl was talking about your original purchase. If you purchased online, you should always keep a backup of the install files that you downloaded. I do that that with ANY program that I purchase online.

This message was edited 4 times. Last update was at Apr 12. 2017 11:01

Intel i7 4770k, 16GB, GTX1060 3GB, Two 240GB SSD, 4TB HD, Sony HDR-TD20V 3D camcorder, Sony SLT-A65VK for still images, Windows 10 Pro, 64bit
Gary Russell -- TN USA