Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Show PiP
Zadoc-Lee [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 18, 2008 05:14 Messages: 9 Offline
[Post New]
I have been editing 2 videos...one main, one PiP. For some reason, one of my PiPs isn't showing. It looks as though the main video is in front of the PiP but I do not know how to bring the PiP to the front. Any ideas?
Cranston
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Aug 17, 2007 02:26 Messages: 1667 Offline
[Post New]

In case you’re not aware of it...

If you think of the PIP tracks as a stack of cards, #6 will always be on top, and #1 will always be at the bottom of the stack. And the numbers in between are stacked in the same successive order.

Perhaps one of your PIP’s is stacked under, or obscured by, what’s on another higher numbered PIP track?
Click here PDtoots for a collection of PowerDirector Tutorials and Tips
Zadoc-Lee [Avatar]
[Post New]
Yes...this is like most programs where everything is in layers.

I only have two videos. One main and another that is in PiP 1. (They are both the same movie but from different camera angles. I recorded an event with two cameras simultaneously.)

Like you said, video and audtio may be layered, but with only two layers (main and PiP 1) and no other PiP strings activated, I can't figure out how to make this one clip visible.

Even when I highlight the clip and click on the MODIFY button, I still do not see the clip...it shows the main clip.

There has to be a way to move the PiP to the front.

(What makes this bad is that this 3 second PiP clip is what is holding me up from rendering the entire show. The rest of my project is done. Ain't that the luck!)
Cranston
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Aug 17, 2007 02:26 Messages: 1667 Offline
[Post New]
If you slide this PIP past the end of what's in your master track, is it still not visible? If you, as a test, place it in the master track after your main clip, is it visible?

I really don't know why just one added PIP wouldn't show up. I've never encountered that before.

You didn't accidentally click on the "Hide Track" tab/button (next to the "Lock Track tab), did you? That would cause the track to not be visible. Click here PDtoots for a collection of PowerDirector Tutorials and Tips
Zadoc-Lee [Avatar]
[Post New]
I moved the PiP to the end and it is still NOT visible. (But Audio is active)

The hide/visible option is set to visible.
Thoughts?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 04. 2009 18:39

Cranston
[Post New]
Zadoc-Lee wrote:
Thoughts?

Yes, just one. You need someone a whole lot smarter than me to respond right now, hahaha.

Nope, I don't have any thoughts that spring to mind on why the clip doesn't show in your PIP. As I said, I've never had that happen to me. Especially if you've verified that it isn't a corrupt file by seeing that it does indeed display when placed in the Master track.
Perhaps one of the the big boyz like Dafydd, RobertJ, vin800rider, or JL, etc., will chime in with some thoughts. Click here PDtoots for a collection of PowerDirector Tutorials and Tips
Zadoc-Lee [Avatar]
[Post New]
Cranston...
Thanks for your time. I ended up just deleting the clip that's messed up, opened PiP2, imported the video track again into PiP2, editting it and then moving the newly editted clip into the PiP1.

Hopefully one of the Big Gunz will have a better way to fix this kind of problem.