Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Can I resize Transition effects so that they do not take up the entire frame?
JasonLane [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 20, 2017 22:54 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
I am editing a video game trailer that has a number of explosions. I am wanting to take the Ripple Transition effect and use it as a after-effect of the explosions. The effect is too large and covers the entire screen instead of a small portion centered around the explosions. Is there a way to resize the transition?

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Apr 01. 2017 08:19

Peter Podder
Member Location: Long Island, N.Y. Joined: Dec 03, 2016 16:13 Messages: 116 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I am editing a video game trailer that has a number of explosions. I am wanting to take the Ripple Transition effect and use it as a after-effect of the explosions. The effect is too large and covers the entire screen instead of a small portion centered around the explosions. Is there a way to resize the transition?

I believe if you use the Ripple Effect (fx) and not the Transition ripple you would place it under the track you wish to effect, position it where you want then go to MODIFY just above the timeline. There you can change the position and other elements of the effect. I am a beginner but I have modified effects and it works well for me. There may be a more advanced way but I am not aware of that.

Hope this helps

Scott

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Apr 02. 2017 00:30

Dell Precision M4700 i7-3840QM 2.80 GHz
16gb ram , NVIDIA Quadro K2000M GPU
Samsung 850 EVO 1tb SSD , 500 gb HDD ,

[Post New]
Quote I am editing a video game trailer that has a number of explosions. I am wanting to take the Ripple Transition effect and use it as a after-effect of the explosions. The effect is too large and covers the entire screen instead of a small portion centered around the explosions. Is there a way to resize the transition?

Unfortunately there is no scaling that can be applied to the effect. You can move it around the screen and change the rippling intensity etc but what you need is sorely missing. It would be great to move an effect and resize it to a particular spot I agree.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Apr 02. 2017 02:56

Asus P8Z68 Deluxe/Gen3 Mainboard : Intel i7 2700k @ 3.6ghz: 12 gb DDR3 Kingston ram:
2TB WD Black HD's: Asus GTX970 4gb ram: Windows 10 Pro 64bit: