Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
So: Is PowerDVD 17 nearly upon us?
[Post New]
I notice the pop-up ads when running PowerDVD are starting to say things like "Last Chance to Buy PowerDVD 16!"

So I wonder how soon there'll be an announcement of the new version? Or if it will actually have any new featuress, rather than just saying everything is "improved" without specifics?
Bogdan_D [Avatar]
Senior Member Joined: Mar 30, 2014 12:49 Messages: 167 Offline
[Post New]
Write "powerdvd 17" on Youtube. You'll see.

Here are some improvements:

https://forum.redfox.bz/threads/new-in-powerdvd-17.72076/

Sounds very cool.

Youtube videos should have 1080 in PowerDVD 16 too. Too bad...

This message was edited 4 times. Last update was at Mar 25. 2017 07:03

[Post New]
Mmm, I was curious about dates and release announcement. I note that the pop-up promo doesn't say anything about a free-upgrade period for new purchasers, so either the release is not that close, or Cyberlink isn't doing such an offer this time. Surprising, if that's the case, given how much investment Cyberlink's put lately into building market share. (Though on second thoughts, Cyberlink doesn't really have a lot of commercial competition for PDVD at the moment, does it?)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 25. 2017 07:34

Bogdan_D [Avatar]
Senior Member Joined: Mar 30, 2014 12:49 Messages: 167 Offline
[Post New]
I don't know CyberLink to speak about release dates for any of their software. The new versions just suddenly appear on their website.

And I also think there is no competition too. But I won't speak about this. I don't want to make them excited too much. This is their problem to know.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 25. 2017 11:12