Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Patch Update
Stephen Phillips [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 21, 2017 15:06 Messages: 9 Offline
[Post New]
I am trying to update PowerDVD 16 from version 16.0.1713.60 to version 2406. However, I am stuck at 2% and it stays there.
[Thumb - patch update.png]
 Filename
patch update.png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
230 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
62 time(s)
Stephen Phillips
[Post New]
Quote I am trying to update PowerDVD 16 from version 16.0.1713.60 to version 2406. However, I am stuck at 2% and it stays there.

Hi Stephen,

The obvious first question is what else might you have running while trying to run the update?

In my years of experience with Cyberlink, I've found it very helpful to make sure everything else is closed (except, of course, Windows Explorer) -- video display is a very core function in Windows, so it's often surprising what else might cause conflicts with the processes Cyberlink is trying to update. And obviously, an antivirus software can stick its own fingers in the pie -- mine (Bitdefender) allows its activie monitoring to be suspended for a specified time or until the system is rebooted. It's a step worth taking, imo.

The other thing worth checking: if you've been running PowerDVD already in that session of Windows, I find it often leaves some of its own core processes still loaded, and it helps to "stop" them before proceeding. Go to Windows Task Manager, into the Processes tab, and look for anything from Cyberlink (typically, I find, the Media Library Service and the RichVideo Module). I'd try stopping those processes, and then seeing how your update runs.