Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Have all hot fixes been incorporated in the current distribution of PDR?
Longedge [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Apr 28, 2011 15:38 Messages: 1504 Offline
[Post New]
I'm thinking that tghe time has just about arrived when it's safe to think about upgrading but one thing I was wondering was whether the hot fixes that have been released over the last couple of months have been added to the current release version of PDR. Anyone know?
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I'm thinking that tghe time has just about arrived when it's safe to think about upgrading but one thing I was wondering was whether the hot fixes that have been released over the last couple of months have been added to the current release version of PDR. Anyone know?
They have if you have the latest update. Currently 2509.

https://www.cyberlink.com/support/powerdirector-ultra/patches_en_US.html

. Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

Longedge [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks Carl, that's what I was thinking - makes sense.
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Probably some bad information since the OP referred specifically to hot fixes.

hot fix for the animated GIF issue, not incorporated into current 2509 patch
hot fix for AAC audio encoding issue, not incorporated into current 2509 patch

to simply name a few.
http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/51325.page#269326 "Item 2"

Jeff
Longedge [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hmm... I think I shall probably continue what I have been going since I started using PDR i.e. only installing updates as they get near to being obsolete smile.

p.s. - If anyone has any 'insider' knowledge I'd be glad to hear whether there is any intention of incorporating all the 'fixed' code into the PDR distribution or has PDR15 development now given way to the next yearly release? Is PDR sales model of the future going to be by subscription only?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 20. 2017 13:46