Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
audio director 7 and h.264 problem
[Post New]
i have AD6 ultra, AD7 ultra and PD15 ultimate. witch i used to edit audio from going on ghost hunts. AD7 will not let me open video/audio that was taking on my sumsung s7. it says h.264 video playback is not supported in this version. please upgrade to get h.264 video support along with great features.

now if i used AD6 it works as it should and i can edit my audio but AD7 will not open it. AD7 works fine for my audio from my digital audio recorder. i dont mind using AD6 but would like to have 64bit.

SYstem spec. Dell inspiron 660. I5 3330 8gig ddr3 evga gtx 750 1gig sc (and i got it overclocked on top of the superclock) 500gb samsung 850 evo 1tb hd windows 10 home 64bit

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Mar 18. 2017 15:13

[Post New]
Hello DevilSonata,

Welcome to the AudioDirector forum laughing

There's something amiss here. ADR7 imports H.264 (and H.265) videos from Samsung devices & cameras, just as ADR 6 & 5 do. I've just retested here to confirm that, using an original UHD clip from Samsung Galaxy S7.

When you go to "About" in ADR7, what does it report? Mine states: AudioDirector 7.0.7320.0 Ultra

PIX PIX YouTube channel
[Post New]
IT says the same for me. Everything is up to date on my comp but video card driver cuz newer ones have problems with my overclock. I re installed AD7 many times and even trying to delate anything i can find even in reg. So i restailled AD6 with 7 still on my comp and 6 works no problems but 7 is no go trying to open my video so i can work on audio. And the video is only 1080i. And same problem on my wifes laptop and same out come. Dunno what the deal is.
[Post New]
Perplexing problem.

For direct comparison, could you upload a short sample video (just a few seconds). You can attach it here or upload to Google Drive, Dropbox or similar.

PIX PIX YouTube channel
[Post New]
https://1drv.ms/v/s!ArrM4rh2Y0uZkXp0HG9p2b4MyxaQ
[Post New]
hummm. everytime i went to re instaill AD7 in the middle of install visual c++ Redistributable would mess up and it ask me to repair witch i did try everytime ( mybe 5-8 times). if i remember right it was visual c++ Redistributable 2012 4254. i even dowloaded visual c++ 2012 Redistributable from mircosoft's site 64bit and 32bit and did repair's and uninstaill's and reinstall's. but allway's same thing 7 dont wanna play nice but 6 work's like it should.

what all does AD7 need to run mybe there's some visual c++ thats messed up? or are they the same for 6 and 7?
[Post New]
Thank you for the screen capture. It shows the issue clearly.

What I actually meant was a short video sample from your S7. That would be helpful.

The problem with Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable is not uncommon with installations. It's not specifically related to ADR. I've not experience the problem myself, but have read many and various ways around the issue. I'll attempt to dig out some useful ones.

PIX PIX YouTube channel
[Post New]
thank you for your help. sorry didnt know you meant from my phone lol. but it does it for any video from my phone even from xmas. and it does it for video from my wifes phone witch is a samsung s7 too. funny thing is PD15,AD6,WMP all play them just fine. thats why i thought you meant you wanted a video of what happen's when i try to open the file's. guess it help's to let you see what happen's. and i could do a video clip from my phone if you want or it could help.
[Post New]
Regarding the issue with installation & MS Visual C++ Redistributable, perhaps something here may help.

Once installed correctly, ADR7 should have no problems with your S7 video clips.

PIX PIX YouTube channel
[Post New]
ILl give that a shot and update you what happens. Im about to clean inataill windows 10 as im starting to have other problems. Went fron win 8 to 8.1 to 10. From my 1tb hdd to an ssd to other ssd lol. But i hate redoing everything and settig everything up how i like it.
[Post New]
The fresh install of Win10, with updates, will possibly resolve the issue.

PIX PIX YouTube channel
[Post New]
IM sure it will and as time goes on the last few days more things are messing up. So i think ill do clean install and ill update if things go well. And thank you again for your help. I know im a pain in the ( you know ).
[Post New]
WEll clean installed win 10 and no go same problem. Kew it wouldnt work since i did a clean install of windows 10 on my wifes laptop before i put AD7 on it.
All vodi
Senior Contributor Location: Canada Joined: Aug 21, 2009 11:24 Messages: 1431 Offline
[Post New]
Quote The fresh install of Win10, with updates, will possibly resolve the issue.

PIX

A "fresh" install of Win 10 should never be required in today's state of software. It is way too much effort to re-install every item on a PC and froth with many additional problems.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 23. 2017 11:42

Win 10, i7
[Post New]
hi all

so maybe not the right place - so tell me which is - I have PD 15 on my Windows 10 pro 64bit computer

and after using and enjoying this software - an upgrade some months ago from PD 14 Ultra - my usage

gained momentum onto adding audio to my video. But quickly found NO Audio Director with my bundle just the WAv editor.

Having read what this tool does it may seem to be a must have.

But the price !! WOW - - £69 at least it seems.

I chose to use this forum as i ' use ' h.264 to produce my files so it semed likely to be the right place.

Will i gain satisfaction with Audio Director with just what it can do for me to appease the asking price ?

Black Friday looms - 26/11/2017 but there are not any special deals for this software it seems ?

I did notice an upgrade ( again ) from 15 to 16 WHICH HAS AUDIO DIRECTOR 7 INCLUDED

My query is i suppose - as everything is beautiful in PD 15 ( which makes 2 puchases 14 and 15 ) i seem to be on

a never ending spending road and wonder if it is all worthwhile ?

Yes - impossible question - but PD is an awesome tool right !!
[Post New]
Quote: hi all - so maybe not the right place - so tell me which is

Hello bigdog27,

Welcome to the AudioDirector forum laughing

You're right. This is not the right spot, but your are in the right forum. Because your question is quite different from the OP's, the best thing to do would be to:

1. Click on AudioDirector (top left of this page), then

2. Click on New Topic

Have you tried out Wave Editor? I'm not sure how demanding your audio needs are, but WE (supplied with PDR) is quite a versatile audio editor for a "free" application. Certainly, ADR is more advanced but you may find that WE meets your needs.

PIX PIX YouTube channel