Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Travel Map DVD Menu music
BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
Most of you probably have the In-house Travel Map DVD menu. I wanted to rid myself of the included music opening and replace it with Sentimental Journey. I deleted the music from the menu folder, but still I get the Cyberlink music opening. I even replaced the CL music file with a renamed music file (Sentimental Journey) but I still get the included music. What am I missing? Be nice! HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Nvidia GTX 960(4GB)/16GB DDR3/
Canon Vixia HV30/HF-M40/HF-M41/HF-G20/Olympus E-PL5.
Tape capture using 6 VCR, TBC-1000, Elite BVP4+, Sony D8 camcorder with TBC.
https://www.facebook.com/BarryAFTT
vn800rider
Senior Contributor Location: Darwen, UK Joined: May 15, 2008 04:32 Messages: 1949 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Barry,

Just a quickie because I can't test it at present, but I seem to recall you have to edit the xml file to get it to point to the right file. I think it's hard coded in as a wma file???

That's dredged the memory a bit! Need a rest now.

Cheers

Adrian Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated. (see below)
Confucius
AMD Phenom IIX6 1055T, win10, 5 internal drives, 7 usb drives, struggling power supply.
BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks bud, but I gave up. Very nice menu by Cyberlink, but they botched the music. As stated I altered the name of the file I wanted to use to the same as the included file, so it SHOULD have pointed to it. Too much work for too little gain. HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
All vodi
Senior Contributor Location: Canada Joined: Aug 21, 2009 11:24 Messages: 1431 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Thanks bud, but I gave up. Very nice menu by Cyberlink, but they botched the music. As stated I altered the name of the file I wanted to use to the same as the included file, so it SHOULD have pointed to it. Too much work for too little gain.

I have not used the DVD portion of PD for sometime. However, is it possible that the video track has the audio embedded ? Win 10, i7
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Barry -

I haven't got it functioning perfectly yet, but I can get "Sentimental Journey" to replace at least some of the audio... by doing just as you've done. i.e. renaming & replacing audio clips in the folders.

HDedit's also on the right track, though the audio isn't embedded in a video clip as far as I can tell.

There's an audio clip called "Travel.wma" in C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\templates\PowerDirector Content Pack Essential\Menus\Travel\Audio

... and another called "Travel_openning.wma" (yes - 2 ns) in C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\templates\PowerDirector Content Pack Essential\Menus\Travel\LayerTemplate\LayerTemplate3

Adrian's probably correct about editing the XML files, but it's too early in the morning (here) to be attempting that!

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
That particular menu called Travel is easily modified in the Create Disc module. Click the button to remove background music. Click the button to Set background music and navigate to whatever music is desired. The Include opening video can be unchecked and whatever first play menu can be set.

To make the changes permanent then of course everybody has the right idea. I don’t use any menus more than once anyway without modifications.
BarryTheCrab
[Post New]
Quote That particular menu called Travel is easily modified in the Create Disc module. Click the button to remove background music. Click the button to Set background music and navigate to whatever music is desired. The Include opening video can be unchecked and whatever first play menu can be set.

To make the changes permanent then of course everybody has the right idea. I don’t use any menus more than once anyway without modifications.
That was the 1st thing I tried, it's not a big deal, except when it does not work! I even emptied temps, that music is still stuck there so I went on with my life. HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
It work properly on my computer as stated. No menu modification needed other than setting the background music. I did not clear out ant temp files.
vn800rider
Senior Contributor Location: Darwen, UK Joined: May 15, 2008 04:32 Messages: 1949 Offline
[Post New]
Just because I don't want you to go away unhappy, Barry - I think it works like this :

You can replace the "main" audio through the obvious menu choice but that still leaves the opening clip.

As Tony mentioned, I think that is found in the std_layerTemplate.xml in here

C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\templates\PowerDirector Content Pack Essential\Menus\Travel\LayerTemplate

that points to a track here

C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\templates\PowerDirector Content Pack Essential\Menus\Travel\LayerTemplate\LayerTemplate3

called Travel_openning.wma

If you replace that with your track choice, named the same, then you should get the opening track of your choice. If you haven't got it in .wma then you can edit the .xml like this and use the modified file name or your original file name :

Duration="1.000000" Name="LayerTemplate3\Travel_openning.mp3"/>
and that should do it.

Now you can go to bed a happy bunny.

Cheers

Adrian

P.S. I guarantee none of the above. take backup copies, mess with your system files at your own risk etc. etc.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 17. 2017 15:45

Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated. (see below)
Confucius
AMD Phenom IIX6 1055T, win10, 5 internal drives, 7 usb drives, struggling power supply.
BarryTheCrab
[Post New]
First I tried within the menu UI, then I tried renaming my intended file, then I removed all 3 audio files and the damn thing persisted.

At that point I quit. Cyberlink makes those wonderful menus but I wish they were silent. Thank you everyone. Did you see my DVD menu=crash thread recently? Im gonna wind up in a rubber room bibbling nonsense. SHUTUP Adrian!wink

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 17. 2017 21:40

HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Shutup? Probably not conducive to positive forum culture, I would think.

I am able to apply the Travel menu template to a project without ANY portion of the original music playing... only "Sentimental Journey"

The main audio was replaced in the usual way in the Create Disc UI. The audio associated with the opening video was replaced by the rename/substitute method Barry described.

The one thing I haven't conquered yet is that opening video is only 8 secs - so the music is cut off in its prime.

Cheers - Tony
BarryTheCrab
[Post New]
My comment to my pal Adrian was a preemptive strike as I was certain he would take issue with my ''bibbling''.

As for the menu, I find it perplexing that a simple replace as usual is failing, obviously not a bug, it's in my rig. I already did the burn but it's a shame that menu would have been a perfect choice, despite the definitely too brief open. HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
ynotfish
[Post New]
Hi Barry -

Here's how the Travel menu looks & sounds here after substituting the audio files attached. I ended up making an 8 second snippet for the menu opening video.

Not sure why it won't happen on yours.

Cheers - Tony
 Filename
Travel.wma
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
290 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
369 time(s)
 Filename
Travel_openning.wma
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
114 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
348 time(s)

BarryTheCrab
[Post New]
There has been a miscommunication a little here, I started with "Travel Map", and somewhere it became "Travel". They are two very different menus, but the initial issue was my fault.

The Menu is "Road Trip", but when altering the music the song is named "Travel Map" and when I saw the name in the UI it stuck in my soft head. So sorry to all, however, on a hunch I experimented with a few of the House templates including Travel (the one Tony used) and every one of them retains the House music before it segues into whatever I have chosen.

So, although there was a mixup, the result is the same. Very very odd, I cannot rid myself of that snippet on any tested House menu. I submit something is very wrong in my rig. I won't sweat it, but it certainly makes my "Packs" a bunch of vestigial limbs.

I just tried this on PD13 on a different computer and the opening music is also persisant. What the heck is going on here? I do not burn many menus, and admittedly it's been awhile, but I thought I recalled simply changing out the music in the UI was enough, even for a House menu. HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
ynotfish
[Post New]
Sorry about the mixup, Barry. You're right - the same idea applies to any menu.

BUT - when you start digging into those folders, you find quite a few inconsistencies. i.e. the folder structure/contents of one menu is not consistent with another.

A small example of that is found in the RoadMap menu folders... C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\templates\Creative Design Pack\Travel Pack 2012\Menus\Travelmap\Audio contains 3 audio files. One of those is duplicated in C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\templates\Creative Design Pack\Travel Pack 2012\Menus\Travelmap\LayerTemplate\LayerTemplate2, which is not the case for the Travel menu template.

It's no wonder users get into knots trying to manipulate things!

Cheers - Tony
BarryTheCrab
[Post New]
I tried to get rid of that music again. Why oh WHY does CL do things like this to us? It's a perfect menu but the music is a stinkfest for my presentation purposes. Please Cyberlink, let ME choose the music. HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Longedge [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Apr 28, 2011 15:38 Messages: 1504 Offline
[Post New]
Couldn't resist having a little dabble at this myself. I think I've got my head around it but it might sound confused smile.

1. First in the menu settings I deleted the background music and left it blank.

2. Went to the folder "Creative Design Travel Pack/Travel Pack/Menus/Travelmap/LayerTemplate/LayerTemplate2/" wherever it is on your system.

3. Renamed "Travelmap_Open.wma" to "oldTravelmap_Open.wma" and then pasted a different .wma in and named it "Travelmap_Open.wma"

4. Went up one level to "Creative Design Travel Pack/Travel Pack/Menus/Travelmap/LayerTemplate/"and opened the file "std_LayerTemplate.xml" in notepad.

5. Searched for and found the key <MUSIC TrackID="5" Editable="FALSE" Repeat="FALSE" BeginTime="0.000000" Duration="1.000000" Name="LayerTemplate2\Travelmap_Open.wma"/> and changed "Repeat = "FALSE" to "TRUE" N.B. There are 2 x instances in thje xml file but I'm not sure why. I changed them both to "TRUE"

It worked, although the bit of music I used was a different length of time to the original so it didn't match too well timewise.

What a confused mess this menu is. The template looks as if it plays the music no matter what and over-rules any setting that might be changed in the designer. Whoever thought this one out was a bit of a spaghetti coder I suspect smile.

p.s. - I just took the trouble to read back through the old posts in this thread and I see that Adrian had already mentioned something along similar lines but suggested a solution that was slightly different.

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Jun 04. 2017 14:02