Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
does power dvd 15 need an internet connection to work ?
jmf1964 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 12, 2013 22:00 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
Yesterday a storm knocked out power at my house so i thought i would watch a movie on the laptop. It would load the bluray ok but would not play all i got was a blank screen. I had no internet conn or wireless.

I have not tried it again since the power came back on.
Richard Palmisano
Newbie Location: Waggaman Louisiana Joined: Mar 13, 2017 17:59 Messages: 7 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Yesterday a storm knocked out power at my house so i thought i would watch a movie on the laptop. It would load the bluray ok but would not play all i got was a blank screen. I had no internet conn or wireless.

I have not tried it again since the power came back on.
Power director does not have to have Internet access unless you are trying to download free templates
jmf1964 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 12, 2013 22:00 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks, but I think the problem may be in the program itself. I swapped the drive with my older laptop and got the same result, and the older laptop with the newer drive in it worked fine that laptop has power dvd 12.

So, to experiment, I uninstalled 15 and installed 12 on the new laptop and it worked okay.

I'll do a fresh install of 15 tomorrow and see what happens