Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Disc Burning Error eb020b8d Causes Disc Burn Failure
OnTheWeb1
Contributor Location: Michigan USA Joined: Jan 02, 2009 12:58 Messages: 511 Offline
[Post New]
After the DVD rendering process, the error code: eb020b8d pops up and stops the Disc from burning.

This happens every time, and I've seen lots of other users reporting this same error. I cannot burn a DVD disc.

My system is Vista Ultimate, Dual Xeon 2.4Ghz processors, 3GB ram, 500GB RAID 10. Plextor PX716SA SATA Burner. No other burning software is installed besides PD7 Deluxe and I have the latest patches installed. Win8 64-bit Pro Retail
Intel i7-4770
16GB DDR3 1600 8-8-8-24
MSI Z87-G45 Motherboard
ASUS GTX 660 Direct CU II OC 2GB GPU
1 TB RAID 1 (mirrored) Drive Array
Several scratch drives for video, TMP, pagefile.
[Post New]
I've read some posts on here that while PD7 burns your DVDs, it really isn't set up to be a really good burner. You may need another burning software to accomplish this...PD7 will use whatever is your designated burning software. I've been using Nero 6 without any problems. If you are a registered PD7 user, you can also try out cyberlink's burning software via download.

The other thing, and I hope it isn't what is causing your status errors, is the PD7 software, which may not be compatible with your brand of DVD burner. I couldn't burn DVDs with PD7 either until I switched from the Samsung burners I had to HP DVD burners.

If you or someone has the expertise to swap one of your burners out for another brand to see if this fixes your problem, you might want to try this out. But before you do this, see if you can update the firmware of your DVD burners. You can usually download these at the manufacturer's site. After updating your firmware, try again. If this doesn't work, try the swap technique.

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Jan 02. 2009 20:36

W. John C. [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 27, 2008 03:54 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
Hello,

I also seem to have many problems when it comes to burning to DVD. One that comes up quite a lot is error a00000a. I suspect that there is more than just one problem causing the crashes - it seems the menu needs to be set just right and crashing seems more common with bigger files.

How can I use a different burning software as you refer to?

In PD7 after Editing, then Producing then going to Create Disk, I select Burn. How can I change the burning software???

Or perhaps should I be doing 'Create a DVD Folder' and then burn the file from that folder??? In which case, should I use the Live Fime System or mastered?

I like PD7 (I'm using Ultra with 2227c) but I sure find the burning bit at the end a headache (and heartache).

Thanks
Regards
John