Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
New problem with rev. 2406: controls not auto-hiding
[Post New]
Quote I also have this error. But...

Who said CyberLink abandoned PowerDVD 16 users? There is no such thing. Just wait for the next patch. Be patient.

I didn't say they had. By all means disagree on your own behalf, but please don't start thinking you speak for Cyberlink, or are in a position to tell other users what to do. That isn't helpful at all.
audreyp [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 07, 2016 16:44 Messages: 17 Offline
[Post New]
Like Branais points out: PowerDVD 16 has introduced 2 major regression bugs during updates.

PDVD 16 has 5 public builds so far: 1510 (original release), 1713, 1907, 2011, and 2406.

1510 is regression free but the key might be out-dated for new BD releases.

1713, control auto hide regression occurs

1907, BD folder won't play regression occurs (I have reported this bug last year to Hicharm and it's fixed in 2406)

2011, same as 1907

2406, fixed BD folder issue (just hit space and/or play button on keyboard/remote), but auto hide regression still exist.

So for most PDVD 16 users, you have 2 choices: if you want regression free and don't care about new BD release, downgrade to the earliest 1510; if you can live with and walkaround the annoying control auto hide issue, upgrade to the latest 2406. Just skip any build in between. Most people would choose 2406.

It's been awhile since cyberlink released a update for previous generation PDVD. I am afraid that we may wait even longer if we eventaully get a update because PDVD 16 is under the 2nd tier product supporting contract phase now.

Quote I also got the same problem. Thanks for sharing your experience hope it will work.

Thanks for confirming it, Amy. I was hoping Hicham's confirmation early in this thread that the developers had acknowledged the problem might lead to an update for PDVD 16. Like others in this thread, I really don't think it's enough to merely be expected to upgrade to version 17, especially since PDVD 17 has hardware limitations that most people on PDVD 16 are unlikely to be able to satisfy without significant hardware upgrades.

Hicham, what are the chances of an upgrade to PDVD 16 to address this issue of control bars not auto-hiding, and the persistent one where after PDVD 16 plays a digital video file from the hard drive, it gets stuck in folder display mode even when accessing a commercial disc in the optical disc drive?

In my opinion, it's really not good enough for Cyberlink to abandon users of what must surely be a much more widely used version of software than the one that's now receiving the updates.
[Post New]
Quote It's been awhile since cyberlink released a update for previous generation PDVD. I am afraid that we may wait even longer if we eventaully get a update because PDVD 16 is under the 2nd tier product supporting contract phase now.

Well audreyp, it seems we're not going to get either an update or a reply from Cyberlink.

There've been two updates to PDVD 17 since the last update to PDVD 16, and this problem wasn't addressed even in that last update, despite Hicham assuring us the developers were working on it. I get the impression Cyberlink is actually a farily small company, but I'm tired of paying for upgrades mostly to subsidise bug fixes. Surely Cyberlink should realise as a business model it breeds distrust and a feeling of being exploited? More than that, it erodes tPDVD's perceived value over freeware solutions like VLC or Leawo.

Jeez, Cyberlink, all you had to do was fix something that you actually had working, then broke.
kdawg [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Chicago Joined: Aug 15, 2017 00:05 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Bump

Any word on a patch Cyberlink?
[Post New]
Quote PDVD 16 has 5 public builds so far: 1510 (original release), 1713, 1907, 2011, and 2406.

1510 is regression free but the key might be out-dated for new BD releases.

1713, control auto hide regression occurs

1907, BD folder won't play regression occurs (I have reported this bug last year to Hicharm and it's fixed in 2406)

2011, same as 1907

2406, fixed BD folder issue (just hit space and/or play button on keyboard/remote), but auto hide regression still exist.

So for most PDVD 16 users, you have 2 choices: if you want regression free and don't care about new BD release, downgrade to the earliest 1510; if you can live with and walkaround the annoying control auto hide issue, upgrade to the latest 2406. Just skip any build in between. Most people would choose 2406

I orginally thought PDVD17 (I use the Live subscription) had fixed the V16 issues but I have now experienced most of these myself but no longer have my previous V16 installers. As I use PDVD Live I cannot find old installers anywhere on the website

Does anyone know of an FTP site or somewhere I can access old PowereDVD Live installers?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Aug 15. 2017 04:38

Bogdan_D [Avatar]
Senior Member Joined: Mar 30, 2014 12:49 Messages: 167 Offline
[Post New]
I never heard of this and I don't think it is possible. Send support ticket.