Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
New problem with rev. 2406: controls not auto-hiding
[Post New]
Running PDVD16 on Windows 7 x64. The revision 2406 has an issue with fullscreen, with the controls bar across the bottom not auto-hiding as it should.

It's hard to be definitive as to the circumstances in which this occurs, but I know for instance whenit's in fullscreen and I pause a playing Blu-ray, and then restart it a couple of minutes later, the controls bars (top and bottom) then stay visible.

If the BD-Java coding on the disc doesn't allow mouse actions (so that if when you click on the screen image it brings up an error saying this is not allowed), then it's easy to fix: click on the image of the film in the main part of the window, dismiss the error, minimise the PDVD screen then open it again to fullscreen, and it's usually fixed. If the BD doesn't forbid mouse actions (and so the error doesn't appear), then the only way I've found to put the controls bar back into auto-hide mode is to actually stop the BD playing, exit PDVD, and then relaunch it and restart the BD playing.

Have others seen this problem?
Hicham_B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Jun 09, 2015 04:02 Messages: 1347 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Branais,

Could you please share with us a screen recording to get a view of your problem?

Thank you

Hicham Technical support:
EN: https://www.cyberlink.com/support/contact-support.jsp
DE: https://de.cyberlink.com/support/contact-support.jsp
FR: https://fr.cyberlink.com/support/contact-support.jsp
ES: https://es.cyberlink.com/support/contact-support.jsp
audreyp [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 07, 2016 16:44 Messages: 17 Offline
[Post New]
I can confirm the issue with PowerDVD 16 Ultra 2406. I have raised the same issue earlier.

"After updated to the lastest 2406 update, I noticed the playback bar (the play/pause, fast forward, rewind, sound bottons) in the bottom of the screen is not auto hidding. It displays at all time during movie playback in TV mode. Prior to 2406, the playback bar will show for 5 seconds or so when there is a mouse movement then disappear automatically. It seems the playback bar is not in sync with the mouse movement event and shows very inconsistent behaviors in TV mode. 1) click play DVD directly from the root menu, most times the playback bar won't even display at all. 2) during bluray playback, change the sound output source (from bluetooth speakers to headphones or HDMI out), the playback bar will stuck onscreen forever 3) in the past, when the playback bar displays in the bottom, the top menu bar (back botton on top left, switch mode, minimize, maximize, close bottons on the top right) will always be in synced with the playback bar. They either display together or disappear together. In 2406, they appear to be out-of-sync sometimes. Work around: To make the top menu bar and botoom playback bar in sync and auto hide after mouse movement, you can move (hover over) the mouse cursor to one of the 3 buttons in the top menu bar (min, max, close). don't click, just hover over for 2 seconds or so, both menu bars will be in sync and auto hide afterwards. It seems hover over triggers the sync and auto hide events, however, the old mouse idle event along won't trigger auto hide consistently. I am using Windows 10 Pro x64 1607, GTX 1070 over HDMI 2.0 or DP 1.2 on 4K@60Hz monitor. My DPI setting is at 200%

The easist the way to reproduce is to minimize then maximize powerDVD window during disc playback. It happens in both TV and PC mode. It seems the top menu bar and bottom menu bar is out of sync when min/max app windows."

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 07. 2017 15:47

[Post New]
Quote Hi Branais,

Could you please share with us a screen recording to get a view of your problem?

Thank you

Hicham

Hi Hicham,

Thanks as always for your reply. I'm not sure how tomake a screen recording, though -- I don't think I have any software installed to do it.

regards,

Branais
[Post New]
Quote I can confirm the issue with PowerDVD 16 Ultra 2406. I have raised the same issue earlier.

Hi audrey,

Many thanks for sharing your own experience of this. I'm not a programmer, but I'm suspecting it might be PDVD interacting with certain other pps or OS conditions. Nonetheless, the problem is PDVD's.

Branais
Hicham_B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Jun 09, 2015 04:02 Messages: 1347 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,

We can reproduce it. Our developers are checking it.

Greetings

Hicham Technical support:
EN: https://www.cyberlink.com/support/contact-support.jsp
DE: https://de.cyberlink.com/support/contact-support.jsp
FR: https://fr.cyberlink.com/support/contact-support.jsp
ES: https://es.cyberlink.com/support/contact-support.jsp
[Post New]
Ahh Hicham, thanks so much!

My Granddad would have said, "Your blood's worth bottling!"

(I'm not sure how that transfers into German sensibilities, but I promise you, it's a compliment, not a threat!! ; )
[Post New]
Quote Running PDVD16 on Windows 7 x64. The revision 2406 has an issue with fullscreen, with the controls bar across the bottom not auto-hiding as it should.

It's hard to be definitive as to the circumstances in which this occurs, but I know for instance whenit's in fullscreen and I pause a playing Blu-ray, and then restart it a couple of minutes later, the controls bars (top and bottom) then stay visible.

In case this helps I can reproduce this problem 100% reliably all the time:

If I open PowerDVD as a normal window then start playback in the window, then switch to full screen mode the controls will not hide

I have to maximise PowerDVD in a clean program session BEFORE starting playback. Now the controls will hide. If I then switch out of full screen mode and then go back to full screen mode the control no longer hide

Once the controls are not hiding, nothing I have done so far makes them hide. I have to start with a new session of PowerDVD
Bogdan_D [Avatar]
Senior Member Joined: Mar 30, 2014 12:49 Messages: 167 Offline
[Post New]
I don't experience this error with autohiding.

I think my post under this topic is more frustrating... about border shadows.
[Post New]
I reverted back to PowerDVD Live 16 build 1510 and this problem has gone
audreyp [Avatar]
[Post New]
When will the patch / update for PowerDVD 16 Ultra come out? The control not auto-hiding regression issue still exists in 2406 build. It's been 5 months now. I cannot revert to earlier builds because 2406 fixed most bugs in earlier versions but introduced new regression. Plus, 1510 may not play the latest BD releases.
[Post New]
I renewed my annual subscription for PowerDVD live and upgraded to V17. Problem solved. Not great that we have to pay for the fix but if you are a subscriber you have to pay regardless or the software shuts down. Currently I can't find any major issues in PDVD Live 17....
[Post New]
Always annoying, though, to have to buy a paid upgrade just to get a bug-fix.

I suspect Cyberlink is going to find PDVD 17 a bit of a hard sell, for those of us who are outright purchasers. Without getting UHD, there's really nothing in it to make the upgrade appealing. And the hardware upgrades required to make use of that aspect of PDVD 17 are a serious challenge financially. So I'm hoping Cyberlink might have some consideration for its customers and issue at least one more bug fix for PDVD 16.
[Post New]
Quote Always annoying, though, to have to buy a paid upgrade just to get a bug-fix.

I suspect Cyberlink is going to find PDVD 17 a bit of a hard sell, for those of us who are outright purchasers. Without getting UHD, there's really nothing in it to make the upgrade appealing. And the hardware upgrades required to make use of that aspect of PDVD 17 are a serious challenge financially. So I'm hoping Cyberlink might have some consideration for its customers and issue at least one more bug fix for PDVD 16.

UDH for me is a joke. No discrete graphics card support, the latest Intel processors only (why the f??? would I want to use that when I have a discrete graphics card?), plus the removal of 3D support and I need to buy a new TV. Fuck off! I'll wait for the successor to UDH and see what that brings. Quite happy with my 3D 1080p 60" TV for the time being and I can't see me wanting that extra resolution without the 3D that I love so much. They just went and screwed it all up basically...
[Post New]
I also think that going from a 45" tv TO A 60" TV was the main reason I converted from DVD to Blu-ray in the first place. I also moved the TV onto the smaller wall from the sofa and then finally I could see the true awesome difference between DVD and Blu-Ray then spent a few grand replacing my entire DVD collection with Blu-Rays. To go from Blu-Ray to 4K would require another massive increase in TV size to at least 70" or larger at which point my lounge simply can't take the TV size

I will point out that I have 20-20 vision, don't need glassses and had my eyes lazered to make them more or less perfect

I also think the 4K format is too young to get the best results from all discs. There are tons of 2K masters upscaled to 4K. I'm gonna wait until the inevitable re-masters into true 4K before I go near this format. And hopefully in a few years we will be able to actually play this stuff on reasonably specced PCs with discrete gamings grahics cards

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jun 02. 2017 20:32

websiteee [Avatar]
Member Joined: Apr 27, 2017 08:22 Messages: 72 Offline
[Post New]
I also got the same problem. Thanks for sharing your experience hope it will work.
audreyp [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks for confirming the control auto-hide fix is in PowerDVD 17 build 1523. HOWEVER, the regression bug introduced since PDVD 16 build 1713~2406 still hasn't been fixed. Forcing upgrade to just get bug fix is unacceptable, especially the bug is a regression. I hope Cyberlink didn't intentionally introduce the regression in 1713 so they can get more money from upgrades.

Fortunately, the bug is annoy rather than critical and I have posted the walkaround in my earlier post. Either way, I have no intention to upgrade to 17 at this time since nVidia cannot handle 4K UHD bluray. It seems the only way to play 4K DRM (Netflix, Sony, Amazon and UHD bluray) on PC is to have SGX support along with other hardware requirements (nVidia already met). Unless nVidia 1) develops their own all-movie-distributor accepted SGX alternative, or 2) pay loyalty to intel as to insert SGX support code in their device driver; 4K is out of loop. This is the harsh reality right now, but I don't know how long it will last given the fact that all top PC spenders (High end Intel CPU w/o iGPU: x99/x299, and 1050 discrete GPU or better) are all locked out.

Quote I can confirm the issue with PowerDVD 16 Ultra 2406. I have raised the same issue earlier.

"After updated to the lastest 2406 update, I noticed the playback bar (the play/pause, fast forward, rewind, sound bottons) in the bottom of the screen is not auto hidding. It displays at all time during movie playback in TV mode. Prior to 2406, the playback bar will show for 5 seconds or so when there is a mouse movement then disappear automatically. It seems the playback bar is not in sync with the mouse movement event and shows very inconsistent behaviors in TV mode. 1) click play DVD directly from the root menu, most times the playback bar won't even display at all. 2) during bluray playback, change the sound output source (from bluetooth speakers to headphones or HDMI out), the playback bar will stuck onscreen forever 3) in the past, when the playback bar displays in the bottom, the top menu bar (back botton on top left, switch mode, minimize, maximize, close bottons on the top right) will always be in synced with the playback bar. They either display together or disappear together. In 2406, they appear to be out-of-sync sometimes. Work around: To make the top menu bar and botoom playback bar in sync and auto hide after mouse movement, you can move (hover over) the mouse cursor to one of the 3 buttons in the top menu bar (min, max, close). don't click, just hover over for 2 seconds or so, both menu bars will be in sync and auto hide afterwards. It seems hover over triggers the sync and auto hide events, however, the old mouse idle event along won't trigger auto hide consistently. I am using Windows 10 Pro x64 1607, GTX 1070 over HDMI 2.0 or DP 1.2 on 4K@60Hz monitor. My DPI setting is at 200%

The easist the way to reproduce is to minimize then maximize powerDVD window during disc playback. It happens in both TV and PC mode. It seems the top menu bar and bottom menu bar is out of sync when min/max app windows."
[Post New]
Quote I also got the same problem. Thanks for sharing your experience hope it will work.

Thanks for confirming it, Amy. I was hoping Hicham's confirmation early in this thread that the developers had acknowledged the problem might lead to an update for PDVD 16. Like others in this thread, I really don't think it's enough to merely be expected to upgrade to version 17, especially since PDVD 17 has hardware limitations that most people on PDVD 16 are unlikely to be able to satisfy without significant hardware upgrades.

Hicham, what are the chances of an upgrade to PDVD 16 to address this issue of control bars not auto-hiding, and the persistent one where after PDVD 16 plays a digital video file from the hard drive, it gets stuck in folder display mode even when accessing a commercial disc in the optical disc drive?

In my opinion, it's really not good enough for Cyberlink to abandon users of what must surely be a much more widely used version of software than the one that's now receiving the updates.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Jun 06. 2017 17:22

Bogdan_D [Avatar]
Senior Member Joined: Mar 30, 2014 12:49 Messages: 167 Offline
[Post New]
I also have this error. But... Just wait for the next patch. Be patient.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jun 07. 2017 09:13

[Post New]
Quote I also have this error. But...

Who said CyberLink abandoned PowerDVD 16 users? There is no such thing. Just wait for the next patch. Be patient.

I didn't say they had. By all means disagree on your own behalf, but please don't start thinking you speak for Cyberlink, or are in a position to tell other users what to do. That isn't helpful at all.