Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Help with transitions.
[Post New]
Good evening all,

I have PD 15 and none of the transitions I download from DZ will work for me. I do know how to load them correctly, I have been using PD for years now. I have downloaded alot of lilia's transitions, which appear that they may be very nice ones, but it's not just hers that won't work for me. But they barely show up then disappear all together or don't even show up anything at all. Any ideas why? I am working on a Dell pc with W10. It is a few years old now with a NVIDIA GeForce GTX 650 and Intel Core i5-3350P@3.10 Ghz, if that's important to know.

Thanks,

Patsy B

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Mar 02. 2017 20:25

W10 on Dell Desktop, 64 bit, 32GB RAM, Intel(R)Core(TM) I5- 3350P CPU, 3.10 Ghz, 1 TB HD, free space - 200 GB
[Post New]
Quote Good evening all,

I have PD 15 and none of the transitions I download from DZ will work for me. I do know how to load them correctly, I have been using PD for years now. I have downloaded alot of lilia's transitions, which appear that they may be very nice ones, but it's not just hers that won't work for me. But they barely show up then disappear all together or don't even show up anything at all. Any ideas why? I am working on a Dell pc with W10. It is a few years old now with a NVIDIA GeForce GTX 650 and Intel Core i5-3350P@3.10 Ghz, if that's important to know.

Thanks,

Patsy B

Do you have something to search on to get a transition and I will try it in my PD. I searched for "lilia" but found no transistions.
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Patsy -

lilia's transitions on DZ work as expected here. Here's one of them, Håkan.

After installing, you'll find them under Transitions > Downloaded.

Patsy - to check what's happening, try making the duration (say) 2-3 seconds. Each one I tested works fine.

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
[Post New]
Quote Hi Patsy -

lilia's transitions on DZ work as expected here. Here's one of them, Håkan.

After installing, you'll find them under Transitions > Downloaded.

Patsy - to check what's happening, try making the duration (say) 2-3 seconds. Each one I tested works fine.

Cheers - Tony

I tried out "Spring mood 52" and from what I could see it was working OK for me too. Patsy, if you elaborate more around:

"But they barely show up then disappear all together or don't even show up anything at all. "

we might get a better understanding about your issue.
[Post New]
Thanks for the responses. I am at work at the moment so when I get home tonight I will respond more thoroughly.

Patsy B. W10 on Dell Desktop, 64 bit, 32GB RAM, Intel(R)Core(TM) I5- 3350P CPU, 3.10 Ghz, 1 TB HD, free space - 200 GB
[Post New]
I finally had time to get back on here and lo and behold the transitions are working fine when I went to throw something together to upload and show you guys. I tried and tried on my project I was working on and they would not work for anything. The alpha transitions wouldn't either. But when I took 3 pics and chose quite a few different ones to see what happened, every one of them worked! I have no idea why. I did restart my computer since the other night. Not sure if that has something to do with it. But I don't think so, because when I go back to my original project they still won't work. It just makes no sense to me. The only difference is the pics in the original project were edited and resaved through Adobe LR. The pics I used today were the samples that come with PD.

Baffled,

Patsy B. W10 on Dell Desktop, 64 bit, 32GB RAM, Intel(R)Core(TM) I5- 3350P CPU, 3.10 Ghz, 1 TB HD, free space - 200 GB
[Post New]
So I took the time to take the sample photos that come with PD and take them into Adobe LR and edit them and resave them. Then put them on the timeline and add transitions and they worked fine. For the life of me I can not figure out why so many would not work with my original project. I give up.

[Post New]
Here are two samples. I said I was giving up but then I thought I would show you what I am talking about.

First one is the new "project", just jpegs put together and transitions put between them. No changes made on timing of anything.

Second one 4 pics from end of my original project same exact transitions put between them and you can see how hardly any of the transitions show up and if they do show up, they don't run completely.
 Filename
sample.wmv
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
898 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
194 time(s)
 Filename
sample2.wmv
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
1412 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
190 time(s)
W10 on Dell Desktop, 64 bit, 32GB RAM, Intel(R)Core(TM) I5- 3350P CPU, 3.10 Ghz, 1 TB HD, free space - 200 GB
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Patsy -

I find no difference between transition behaviour with photos edited, downloaded or straight from camera.

After downloading quite a few of lilia's transitions I did find some to be poorly configured (no disrespect), sometimes simply because the original image lacked contrast. Lack of contrast = lack of obvious effect. Every one I tested did, however, seem to behave as it was configured.

Try these modified versions of one of lilia's transitions in your original project - http://directorzone.cyberlink.com/detail/124382495 http://directorzone.cyberlink.com/detail/124382499

Cheers - Tony
[Thumb - Transition Contrast.jpg]
 Filename
Transition Contrast.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
45 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
87 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 07. 2017 13:32

Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!