Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Title Template Won't Load
SE4Geezer [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 11, 2016 04:43 Messages: 8 Offline
[Post New]
Hi there,

I downloaded a title template (Cinema 5 countdown 16-9) from(in POwerDirector 15) I can't see it in the title room. When I try and import it from my downloads I get an error message saying "An error occurred while opening this media file in the media library. It may be because the file is broken, an unsupported format, proected video content, or for another reason..."

I tried downloading the file again, in case it had got corrupted during download the first time, but the same thing happened. Any suggestions, please?
CLD [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Mar 23, 2007 02:05 Messages: 925 Offline
[Post New]
Hello,

The error message suggests you tried importing directly into the media library. Is that correct? Title templates aren't imported the same way as media files.

You need to just double click on the downloaded DirectorZone file and then it will be "installed" and availble in the Title Room.

David
SE4Geezer [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Hello,

The error message suggests you tried importing directly into the media library. Is that correct? Title templates aren't imported the same way as media files.

You need to just double click on the downloaded DirectorZone file and then it will be "installed" and availble in the Title Room.

David

Hi David,

Thanks for your response. I did try importing directly into the media library, but only as a last resort because I had already double clciked the download file and got a message saying it had been installed successfully, but it isn't in the title room, or anywhere on my PC (according to an advanced search) apart from where it was downloaded to (in "Downloads").

Any other suggestions gratefully received.

Regards,

SE4Geezer
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I did try importing directly into the media library, but only as a last resort because I had already double clciked the download file and got a message saying it had been installed successfully, but it isn't in the title room, or anywhere on my PC (according to an advanced search) apart from where it was downloaded to (in "Downloads").

Regards,

SE4Geezer

Since you beleived that you downloaded a 16:9 aspect ratio title try this: Change the project aspect ratio from 4:3 to 16:9 on the top left of the screen. Open the title room/Downloaded and you should see it.

If the aspect ratio is already set at 16:9 then change it to 4:3 and repeat the above step. The title may be cinema 5 count instead of what you think.
SE4Geezer [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote I did try importing directly into the media library, but only as a last resort because I had already double clciked the download file and got a message saying it had been installed successfully, but it isn't in the title room, or anywhere on my PC (according to an advanced search) apart from where it was downloaded to (in "Downloads").

Regards,

SE4Geezer

Since you beleived that you downloaded a 16:9 aspect ratio title try this: Change the project aspect ratio from 4:3 to 16:9 on the top left of the screen. Open the title room/Downloaded and you should see it.

If the aspect ratio is already set at 16:9 then change it to 4:3 and repeat the above step. The title may be cinema 5 count instead of what you think.

Hi Tomasc,

Sorry for the slow reply. Thanks for your help. I found the title once I did as you suggested - changing the aspect ratio to 16:9.

Regards,

SE4Geezer