Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Future PowerDirector Versions - Wish List/Suggestions (03/2017-07/2017)
Eugen157
Senior Contributor Location: Palm Springs area, So.CA Joined: Dec 10, 2012 13:57 Messages: 662 Offline
[Post New]
Ability to produce and burn UHD DVDs

Eugene 73s, WA6JZN ex DL9GC
CYBERLINK PLEASE ADD UHD BLU RAY BURNING SOFTWARE
PD14,
Win10,64bit.CPU i7 6700,16GB ,C= 480 GB SSD ,GPU GTX1060 6GB 1 fan. Plus 3 int, 4 ext HDD's for video etc.LG WH16NS40 reads UHD.
4K 24" ViewSonic monitor.Camera Sony FDR-A
Eugen157
Senior Contributor Location: Palm Springs area, So.CA Joined: Dec 10, 2012 13:57 Messages: 662 Offline
[Post New]
Ability to produce and burn UHD BR DVDs

Eugene

Sorry about posting twice. It looked like the frst post did not work

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at May 04. 2017 02:29

73s, WA6JZN ex DL9GC
CYBERLINK PLEASE ADD UHD BLU RAY BURNING SOFTWARE
PD14,
Win10,64bit.CPU i7 6700,16GB ,C= 480 GB SSD ,GPU GTX1060 6GB 1 fan. Plus 3 int, 4 ext HDD's for video etc.LG WH16NS40 reads UHD.
4K 24" ViewSonic monitor.Camera Sony FDR-A
Janniebananie4 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 03, 2016 14:23 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Aspect Ratio - square. Or at least the ability to crop square. Square videos are in demand.
McLennan [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 05, 2017 15:16 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Need to see both ends of an edit: currently when dragging one end of a clip, as soon as it crosses over in to the space of the previous or next clip the view changes to that clip. Need to see both where the drag leaves the frame AND where it leaves the neighbour frame. I would have thought this was a "feature" needed by any editor all the time.

Also, submitted this to tech support (not fixed in PD update 15.0.2509.0): in PD, right-click an audio track, choose Edit Audio > Audio Director (7), make any change (or not) and desire to save that audio file or mix - under the File menu Save and Save As are greyed out, as is the Produce button. If not coming from PD, ie. open AD on its own, then these functions are available. Need to be able to edit audio and return to PD so this should be fixed.

Thanks
[Thumb - Audio Director no Save.jpg]
 Filename
Audio Director no Save.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
241 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
108 time(s)
blasiusxx [Avatar]
Contributor Joined: Mar 12, 2011 09:44 Messages: 330 Offline
[Post New]
My Only wish: Please finally fixes the Geforce errors, which exists since several versions (since PD13). You can not create a bluray disc without the "loop playback error", if you would use Hardware Videoencoding in the last Creating Step. In PD15 version even the hardware encoding on Nvidia was deactivated, because there are still problems. 2.5 years and the same, unresolved error. Have reported it every Version. Nothing changes.

For me this is an absolute poverty. frowncry
GGRussell [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Jan 08, 2012 11:38 Messages: 709 Offline
[Post New]
I would like to see more choices in the Produce Custom Profile Dialog box. I still have older smart TV and DVD player that doesn't handle variable FRAME rate well. I would like to see more control.

Constant Frame Rate
Constant Bit Rate
Custom GOP Pattern
MP4 encoder level (High/Main/Baseline @3 to 5.2)
Option for fast decode for web hosting
5.1 audio with MP4

PD has always been very fast at rendering, but has very limited options. Intel i7 4770k, 16GB, GTX1060 3GB, Two 240GB SSD, 4TB HD, Sony HDR-TD20V 3D camcorder, Sony SLT-A65VK for still images, Windows 10 Pro, 64bit
Gary Russell -- TN USA
Nighthawk [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Dunedin, NZ Joined: Apr 09, 2015 04:27 Messages: 15 Offline
[Post New]
Some of the things that rattle my nightie (old kiwi saying) is people comparing PowerDirector to Adobe Priemere or DaVinci Resolve etc... one has to remember the market and target of PowerDirector. It is a not classed as a "High End" or "Professional editing suite" video editor. It is a more a "mid range" or a "Prosumer" editing suite that does have some nice features that others don't.

So you are not going to get some of the requests unless CyberLink change their market target. Which is possible and do-able with the software they already have. AudioDirector, PhotoDirector & ColorDirector all work flawlessly together via PowerDirector opening each program and sending the data to and from each program.

Because of this the chances are actually very slim because own product ColorDirector which works independently of PowerDirector but work together flawlessly. (Okay I have not ever run into an issue)

That being said it has room to grow, and they have a stable product. It could even become a high end editor as well as keeping the entry level application ie; different versions. The only real difference in the current versions are the different packs you get... If they fully combine these products the price of it PowerDirector will start sky rocket, BUT you start to get a lower end professional suite.With this they could easily produce a professional suite as well as prosumer suite.

PowerDirector Ultimate - (Professional)

• With the professional suite combine these programes AudioDirector, PhotoDirector & ColorDirector with PowerDirector and make them run even tighter together this alone becomes a pretty powerful suite. then I only have to worry about one program one install one purchaces one upgrade etc...

• Add in a way for 3rd party plugins that can easily be installed and be compatible to various standards. Because I want a easier way do to stop motion and a few other things then CyberLink don't have develop it and can concentrate on the core product and 3rd parties can make various plug ins... (unless this becomes a new feature in later versions etc)

• Built in better titling and composting effects.

• Start adding the more professional items that people ask for Nest objects, upgrading the browser library and show folders, compositing etc

• I personally would like to see PowerDirector (and ColorDirector) be compatible with some more hardware controllers etc out of the box... ie; Tangent Track Ball Devices for colour correcting... Even having a premade scripts for X-Keys Controlers.

• The ability to link to other programs of choice, PhotoShop, Corel, FL Studio... while I understand this one is a little more difficult but it is not impossible.

PowerDirector Ultra - (Prosumer)

• PowerDirector as it is with some of the more general visuals

• Target the mid range to home user and youtuber vLogger.

• Keep the extra applications separate as they are and the user can buy them as needed.

• Keep delveoping the core programme inline with PowerDirector Ultimate so if they upgrade it is no different.

The reason I say this is I would be buying the high end version but also know many many people that don't use 95% of the features PD offers now. And would be happy with the newer slimmer home version.

I have and already use PowerDirector, ColorDirector, AudioDirector and PhotoDirector (though I use Corel over PhotoDirector) I have been using for 3 years and pretty comfortable with them but I wish they had a few other things and that it did some things better. I would also upgrade to the Professional version if it was offered...

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at May 22. 2017 07:06

Nighthawk Music : Wacky Wood Works
[Post New]
Hi PowerDirector team ... Youtube annotation ...

I want a way to make my Vlog videos super easy to navigate ... so as the video plays the viewer can see toggles (or something) on the video play bar indicating that there is a chapter heading at that point. If they mouse over the chapter name can pop up. It would be great if this worked directly from the 'Chapter room'.

Currently it can be done from youtube, but its not an elegant or flexible solution.

This would be useful for longer videos where users are encouraged to jump around the video and not view it from A to Z ... and for using other youtube 'annotation' features.

Thanks

Tom

Quote Dear PowerDirector Users,

Please use this thread to submit suggestions for future versions of PowerDirector. Suggestions can be any of the following:

- UI or usability improvements.

- program feature improvements.

- main program features*.

Note: the suggestions from the previous thread have been summarized and are being reviewed by the PowerDirector development team. The previous thread has been closed (which you can view here for reference).

This new thread has been started to try and keep things more organized. CyberLink's product development team will review the suggestions periodically. Suggestions could get implemented in either patch updates, or in the next full version of PowerDirector, depending on product development team availability and the scope of the change.

Note: do not use this thread to issue complaints or report bugs. For these, please contact customer support. Bug and complaint posts will be removed from the thread.

We want to stress that there is no guarantee that your suggestions will get implemented, but we can guarantee that product development team will review them. So please enter them below!

Please see the PowerDirector Feature Suggestions in the readme for more information.

* the planning phase for PowerDirector 16 has ended, so any new main program feature suggestions will be considered for version 17 and beyond.
Nighthawk [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Hi PowerDirector team ... Youtube annotation ...

YouTube no longer support annotations. Nighthawk Music : Wacky Wood Works
[Post New]
Oh ... shows how upto date I am!

Still ... a way of showing in-video navigation. So not where the viewer has to jump out of the video to a menu, as in a DVD menu, but a way of showing chapters on the video play bar which appears at the bottom of the video showing elapsed time.

A a way of linking out of the video into other videos or sites.

Tom

Quote Hi PowerDirector team ... Youtube annotation ...

YouTube no longer support annotations.
[Post New]
Hi,

i have been using PowerDirector since I got a free copy with a JVC camcorder in 2008 and I have upgraded every year and appreciated the new features, not all of which I have used. There are three things which I would love to see added - forgive me if they have already been suggested.

1) The ability to save preferences by project, particularly under the "file" section. I often work on more than one project at a time, each with its own directory structure and file naming convention, and any time I switch between projects I have to go and manually change the preferences. It would be so convenient t if at least the file preferences were saved with the project.

2) The anchoring of chapters to the clips instead of to the timeline. If I have a project and I have inserted chapters and then for some reason the client wants a section removed, I have to manually adjust all the chapters I had defined subsequent to the section I delete (or insert). It would be nice if the chapters stayed synced with the clips that they are attached to, rather than remaining static on the timeline. There could be an option to toggle the behavior, in case some people prefer them anchored to the timeline.

3) The ability to produce a file from a selected portion of the timeline. I may be editing a wedding, for example, but want to send a clip of just the vows to the couple for some reason. I should be able to select that portion and then go and produce a file from just the selected portion. I don't know if that is possible now but I always have to delete the sections that I don't want included, produce the file, and then restore the timeline.

thanks for your consideration
Tomas G77
Member Location: Ayrshire Joined: Jun 13, 2008 08:54 Messages: 100 Offline
[Post New]
I want a complete redesigned front end something like Premiere-Pro

and working as good as that does although very expensive to own

Tom G Thomas G
I'm a 33yr old trapped in a 69yr old body
Nighthawk [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote I want a complete redesigned front end something like Premiere-Pro

and working as good as that does although very expensive to own

See my previous post...

If you want a front end like Premiere-Pro and all its functions then may I suggest you buy it... At present PoweDirector is a completely different market to where Adobe Premiere is...

Again PD would become just as expensive if it did every thing as Adobe Premiere and looked like Adobe Premiere .... you might as well buy Adobe Premiere...???

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at May 24. 2017 05:47

BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Hi,3) The ability to produce a file from a selected portion of the timeline. I may be editing a wedding, for example, but want to send a clip of just the vows to the couple for some reason. I should be able to select that portion and then go and produce a file from just the selected portion. I don't know if that is possible now but I always have to delete the sections that I don't want included, produce the file, and then restore the timeline.thanks for your consideration
The yellow tabs at the top of your timeline scrubber can be pulled to each side to hilite a portion of the track. New buttons will appear when you do this and one of them is to PRODUCE the section.

Edited to correct early morning spelling errors!

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at May 24. 2017 12:23

HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Nvidia GTX 960(4GB)/16GB DDR3/
Canon Vixia HV30/HF-M40/HF-M41/HF-G20/Olympus E-PL5.
Tape capture using 6 VCR, TBC-1000, Elite BVP4+, Sony D8 camcorder with TBC.
https://www.facebook.com/BarryAFTT
Tomas G77
Member Location: Ayrshire Joined: Jun 13, 2008 08:54 Messages: 100 Offline
[Post New]
YOU miss the point completley

i would just like the interface front end to be a little more professional like insted of the child like interface

simple

thats all i have to say on the matter don't bother replying

i have made my point and if you can not see what iam driving at then just leave it hanging

simple

Tom G Thomas G
I'm a 33yr old trapped in a 69yr old body
Nighthawk [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Hi,
3) The ability to produce a file from a selected portion of the timeline. I may be editing a wedding, for example, but want to send a clip of just the vows to the couple for some reason. I should be able to select that portion and then go and produce a file from just the selected portion. I don't know if that is possible now but I always have to delete the sections that I don't want included, produce the file, and then restore the timeline.

Quote The yellow tans at the top of your timeline scrubber can be pulled to each side to hilite a portion of the track. New buttons wil appear when you do this and one of them is to PRODUCE the section.

Oh what he said lol
[Thumb - range-1.jpg]
 Filename
range-1.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
Produce Range
 Filesize
173 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
87 time(s)
Nighthawk [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote YOU miss the point completley

i would just like the interface front end to be a little more professional like insted of the child like interface

simple

thats all i have to say on the matter don't bother replying

i have made my point and if you can not see what iam driving at then just leave it hanging

simple

Please enlighten me... how you think PD has a child like interface (what ever that is) and what a more proffessional interface is like...

I am not trying to sacastic... I am little confused by what you mean.

I personally find Adobe Premiere interface over crowded and a litte cluttered which can make it confussing to a new user... (BTW I am not a new user of Premiere I use it when I have to.) Where PD is less cluttered and easier to follow and has some hidden gems that many Prosumer editors don't have.

Again you have to remember the target market of PowerDirector it is targeted at the home user or Prosumer not the professional. So it has to be simple and easy to use else people won't use it because they have to go through that stepper learning curve... and PD still has the power to do general videos and do them well...

Where as Adobe Premiere, HitFilm, DaVinci Resolve and the like, are targeted at the professional, where the end user does it for a living and has gone through that learning curve.

Knowing who your target market is very important in programming industry, and I believe CyberLink have got it right for their current market... If that target market changed to professional, then the program would change to meet that demand... (so would the price as they as it would have to have many more advanced features and would not sell as many copies)
[Thumb - compare.jpg]
 Filename
compare.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
1977 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
88 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at May 24. 2017 08:11

will_s [Avatar]
Member Joined: Oct 18, 2015 05:43 Messages: 66 Offline
[Post New]
only a small thing but something that annoys the hell out of me.................I post youtube videos and only youtube videos and all at 1920x and every time I go to online I have to change to youtube and change to 1920 and change and chane

look, any intleiigent program would remember your last preferences and leave that on or even make it an option to use your last settings for posting online
[Post New]
Quote Hi,3) The ability to produce a file from a selected portion of the timeline. I may be editing a wedding, for example, but want to send a clip of just the vows to the couple for some reason. I should be able to select that portion and then go and produce a file from just the selected portion. I don't know if that is possible now but I always have to delete the sections that I don't want included, produce the file, and then restore the timeline.thanks for your consideration
The yellow tans at the top of your timeline scrubber can be pulled to each side to hilite a portion of the track. New buttons wil appear when you do this and one of them is to PRODUCE the section.

Thanks, I always wondered what those yellow rails were for!
[Post New]
Quote Hi,

Quote The yellow tans at the top of your timeline scrubber can be pulled to each side to hilite a portion of the track. New buttons wil appear when you do this and one of them is to PRODUCE the section.

Oh what he said lol

lol. I guess I need to do some tutorials! I would often open those yellow rails by accident but never knew what they did - until now.
mimix1004 [Avatar]
Newbie Location: France Joined: Jun 01, 2017 17:02 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
hello, when will you add the tool for changing initial point of view in 360 videos ?

you can see many people there waiting this essential function...

http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/49584.page

and when will you add object tracking tool on 360 videos?