Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Screen Recorder - mouse pointer
Anja the Dane
Contributor Location: Denmark (North of Copenhagen) Joined: Mar 03, 2011 15:02 Messages: 347 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,

Is there a way to get the mouse pointer made invisible when I use screen recorder?

It is a problem that the mouse pointer becomes visible when recording games like minecraft, although 'Mouse clicks' is set to Ø.

Cheers, Anja PDR 14.0.4207.0 / Windows 10 64-bit / Asus / Intel i7-4790 3.60 GHz / 16GB RAM / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 / DirectX 12
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Anja -

We're stuck with cursor recording, I'm afraid. There's no option to turn it off.

The colour setting which you have set to Ø is for mouse click highlights (the colour of the ring when you click), not the actual cursor.

For now, if you need to do a screen capture without the cursor you should use something other than CL Screen Recorder.

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
Anja the Dane
Contributor Location: Denmark (North of Copenhagen) Joined: Mar 03, 2011 15:02 Messages: 347 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks Tony,

What a petty - otherwise, it's smart that after a recording one can go directly to the PDR - but, then I have to go back to Bandicam.

Fortunately, the PDR now is able to deal with variable frame rates unlike previous versions.

Have a nice day

Cheers - Anja PDR 14.0.4207.0 / Windows 10 64-bit / Asus / Intel i7-4790 3.60 GHz / 16GB RAM / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 / DirectX 12
Neil.F.1955 [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Mar 07, 2012 09:15 Messages: 1303 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Thanks Tony,

What a petty - otherwise, it's smart that after a recording one can go directly to the PDR - but, then I have to go back to Bandicam.

Fortunately, the PDR now is able to deal with variable frame rates unlike previous versions.

Have a nice day

Cheers - Anja

Actually, I find the mouse cursor quite useful! Especially the blue rings appearing when I click on something. I've started producing my "Video Editing Tricks & Tips" videos recently and having the cursor and blue "clicking" rings helps to point to what I might be talking about in my narration.
Anja the Dane
[Post New]
Hi Niel,

Ofcause for making toturials as "Video Editing Tricks & Tips" it is very usefull, but not when you are recording videogames. PDR 14.0.4207.0 / Windows 10 64-bit / Asus / Intel i7-4790 3.60 GHz / 16GB RAM / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 / DirectX 12
Neil.F.1955 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Hi Anja -

We're stuck with cursor recording, I'm afraid. There's no option to turn it off.

The colour setting which you have set to Ø is for mouse click highlights (the colour of the ring when you click), not the actual cursor.

For now, if you need to do a screen capture without the cursor you should use something other than CL Screen Recorder.

Cheers - Tony

Actually Tony, I don't think you CAN escape having the cursor appearing while using a screen recorder programme, ANY screen recorder programme. I've not long ago(as I write this) uploaded a fresh Video Editing Tricks & Tips edition, dealing with Chroma-Key Superimposes, and the screen recorder I used(sorry, not Cyberlink Screen Recorder) also has the cursor visible. But that's the whole point of a screen recorder software, to capture EVERYTHING on your computer screen, including the cursor!
Anja the Dane
[Post New]
Niel, as mentioned in my reply to Tony, with ig Bandicam I can - but Bandicam make VFR, but fortunately, the PDR now is able to deal with variable frame rates unlike previous versions.

Cheers, anja PDR 14.0.4207.0 / Windows 10 64-bit / Asus / Intel i7-4790 3.60 GHz / 16GB RAM / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 / DirectX 12
PepsiMan
Senior Contributor Location: Clarksville, TN Joined: Dec 29, 2010 01:20 Messages: 1054 Offline
[Post New]
Quote ...Is there a way...

how about parking the pointer at the extreme corners???

upper & lower left and upper & lower right, same place, so that it's little more conspicuous...

happy happy joy joy

PepsiMan

'garbage in garbage out' 'no bridge too far'

Yashica Electro 8 LD-6 Super 8mm
Asrock TaiChi X470, AMD R7 2700X, W7P 64, MSI GTX1060 6GB, Corsair 16GB/RAM
Dell XPS L702X i7-2860QM, W7P / W10P 64, Intel HD3000/nVidia GT 550M 1GB, Micron 16GB/RAM
Samsung Galaxy Note3/NX1
Anja the Dane
[Post New]

upper & lower left and upper & lower right, same place, so that it's little more conspicuous...

PepsiMan

Hi PepsiMan

If you ever tried ig Minecraft you would know that can't park the pointer outside the game - and it's the mouse movement that make changes / moves at the scene.

but nice suggestion - thanks

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 01. 2017 13:35

PDR 14.0.4207.0 / Windows 10 64-bit / Asus / Intel i7-4790 3.60 GHz / 16GB RAM / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 / DirectX 12
Neil.F.1955 [Avatar]
[Post New]

PepsiMan

Hi PepsiMan

If you ever tried ig Minecraft you would know that can't park the pointer outside the game - and it's the mouse movement that make changes / moves at the scene.

but nice suggestion - thanks

I'd have thought this would be the case! In many instances, the mouse is crucial to the operation of the software, be it gaming, video edition or any other purpose, thus when you want to do a screen recording, it's inevitable you'll have that little mouse cursor arrow dancing around in your recording.
Cranston
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Aug 17, 2007 02:26 Messages: 1667 Offline
[Post New]
Neil Wrote:

Actually Tony, I don't think you CAN escape having the cursor appearing while using a screen recorder programme, ANY screen recorder programme.

Interesting proclimation Neil. But one of my screen capture programs does indeed have the capability to not record the cursor movements.

http://www.mediafire.com/view/678fqzx7k0g77um/Capture.png

__________________________________________________________________________________

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Mar 01. 2017 22:40

Click here PDtoots for a collection of PowerDirector Tutorials and Tips
BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
My favorite screencap ocam can also avoid the cursor. I would expect a future version of PDs screencap will finally have this feature, he says hopefully. HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Nvidia GTX 960(4GB)/16GB DDR3/
Canon Vixia HV30/HF-M40/HF-M41/HF-G20/Olympus E-PL5.
Tape capture using 6 VCR, TBC-1000, Elite BVP4+, Sony D8 camcorder with TBC.
https://www.facebook.com/BarryAFTT
Anja the Dane
[Post New]
Quote Neil Wrote:

Actually Tony, I don't think you CAN escape having the cursor appearing while using a screen recorder programme, ANY screen recorder programme.

Interesting proclimation Neil. But one of my screen capture programs does indeed have the capability to not record the cursor movements.

http://www.mediafire.com/view/678fqzx7k0g77um/Capture.png

__________________________________________________________________________________

Yes you can - my old screen recorder have the option 'show mouse cursor' - see the attach file.

unfortunately if I record in mp4 I get VFR witch PDR still doesn't support.

but I can record in avi witch PDR support.

still it would have been nice, and easyer, if CL Screen Recorder could have been used
[Thumb - Bandi_markoer_vis.jpg]
 Filename
Bandi_markoer_vis.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
screen recorder settings
 Filesize
68 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
83 time(s)
PDR 14.0.4207.0 / Windows 10 64-bit / Asus / Intel i7-4790 3.60 GHz / 16GB RAM / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 / DirectX 12
Somps [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 20, 2016 21:50 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
I know this is an old post but as I was searching to see if there was a way to record without seeing the cursor, I came across this. I'm not sure why people look at posts with only their point of view in mind. Maybe its because they can't answer what the person is asking so they make a simple statement like "Why wouldn't you want the cursor to show". Well, there are SO many reasons and I feel its a little rude to discount what the person is asking. This has happened to me on several occasions and its a little annoying having to explain every detail when the details aren't necessary. Even if you can't see the "Why", assume that there is a good reason and go from there. For me, I want to record a 3D object in a very particular program and I have to use the mouse to control the movement of the 3D object but it ruins the whole thing by having the cursor flying all over the place. Everyone has a project and a reason when they ask something. I'm not saying this in a defiant voice. I know that is what people hear when reading a comment like this, but I am saying this in the most respectful voice so please don't take offense to my explanation. Just expressing a point of view shared by many posters who don't voice this concern, Thank you everyone for always offering help and advice. It is always appreciated very much. And please forgive any frustration that seems to imerge sometimes. Projects and deadlines can get nerve racking sometimes. Thanks for the recommended software. I have seen several programs that allow recording and hiding the cursor, but it would make it easier if I could use the CL method. By going into another program, it offers the opportunity to use another software for the rest of the project instead of using PowerDirector. It would be a lot better for CL to keep the users in their Program as much as possible, right? Take care and much love to everyone
Jets2011
Senior Contributor Location: Canada Joined: Sep 29, 2006 05:26 Messages: 760 Offline
[Post New]
The mouse cursor is still shown when using Screen Recorder, even in the latest stand alone version when recording a game or other device. It cannot be turned off unfortunately. And the user you refer to in your post was banned I believe for such off topic musings.

Dave

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Feb 21. 2019 04:50

Somps [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 20, 2016 21:50 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Thank you for your response. I wil continue to monitor hoping that someday they will see the pluses for having the option to hide the cursor. For now, I have to use another software in order to be able to do the job. As always, I appreciate the reponses. Yake care and thank you for your time and effort!
ChrizK [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 08, 2019 05:43 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Quote The mouse cursor is still shown when using Screen Recorder, even in the latest stand alone version when recording a game or other device.

Thanks for the update for this post. I have had screen recorder v2 and v3. I am considering v4, but I wanted to know if I can permanently highlight the mouse pointer with a 'halo'. You see this all the time in instruction videos, and I have been amazed that Screen Recorder only adds an effect when a button is pressed.
Although the title of this thread is 'mouse pointer', it is moreso in regard to removing it entirely (which is another 'obvious' feature to include), and so I will have to continue investigating, unless someone can answer directly if I can add a permanent 'highlight/halo'.
Given the other developments of Screen Recorder, it is disappointing that Cyberlink haven't given more thought to the mouse pointer.
Theynine [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Northeast Coast USA Joined: Jun 22, 2010 01:46 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
And several years later you still CANT get rid of the cursor when you are recording a video????? That big WHY gets bigger with each passing update. If the competition can do it, why cant you??? Why does Cyberlink demand you show your cursor??? "Nice bokeh, I'm a blur connoisseur."
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Why does Cyberlink demand you show your cursor???

That's an intersting take. The cursor is a normal part of screen recordings and it's obviously crucial for many knids of recordings, however there are clearly situations when it would be ideal to have it invisible.

The best way to let CL know that you'd like to see that feature is to tell them directly from their product support page. If you have PowerDirector, you can use Rate Us & Provide Suggestions from the File menu.