Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Copying your BluRay disk to another disk and having PD recognize the Homemade disk as content
Lanciae [Avatar]
Newbie Location: British Columbia, Canada Joined: Feb 12, 2014 15:46 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
I am completing a family history (40) years of slides, photos, cam corders. I am almost finished. I have made 3 copies of each disk. Now other relarives want a copy of some disks. How can I make copies of my home made BlueRay disks? I use an external Blu-ray Disk player (Samsung) with my lab top to produce the originals. I am unable to have the Capture mode of PD 15 take in the disk data, it will not recognize it, Do I need another progran to do this?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Feb 26. 2017 01:11

Lanciae
garioch7
Senior Contributor Location: Port Hood, Nova Scotia, Canada Joined: Feb 07, 2011 06:45 Messages: 852 Offline
[Post New]
Hi and welcome to the PD15 Forum.

Personally, I author and burn one BD disk, then use Power2Go to create duplicates. I "verify" each disk duplicated.

There is freeware that will do that for you, as well, but this being a Cyberlink Forum, I am not able to provide names of programs. "Mr. Google" is your friend.

You could also just reload your projects in PD15 and then go to the "Create Disk" module and author/create as many additional BD disks as you need.

Good luck and have a great day.

Regards,
-Phil Windows 10 Pro x64
Dell XPS 8930
Intel CoreT i7 (4.6 GHz)
32 GB DDR4-2666 RAM
1 TB PCIe -x4 SSD
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060
PD14 Ultimate x64, 4207
CD4 Ultra and AD6 Ultra
Bleeping Computer Malware Response Instructor
BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
This where Packed Projects can be very helpful. Every project I do, after I am done, I export to a folder with "Pack Project Materials" function of PowerDirector. The entire timeline, and the remaining Library contents (used or unused) can be exported for archiving. If I need to make a change, or burn a disc, I simply recall my PPM folder, which has a PowerDirector Project file in it, and reopen it in PD. The PPM is forward compatible with new versions of PowerDirector, so you can open it in the future, say, with PD 17.

That is useful to be aware of, but in this case, Garioch's proposed method is perfect, Power2Go, or other disc burning software to simply copy the disc.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Feb 26. 2017 08:15

HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Nvidia GTX 960(4GB)/16GB DDR3/
Canon Vixia HV30/HF-M40/HF-M41/HF-G20/Olympus E-PL5.
Tape capture using 6 VCR, TBC-1000, Elite BVP4+, Sony D8 camcorder with TBC.
https://www.facebook.com/BarryAFTT
Lanciae [Avatar]
Newbie Location: British Columbia, Canada Joined: Feb 12, 2014 15:46 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Hi and welcome to the PD15 Forum.

Personally, I author and burn one BD disk, then use Power2Go to create duplicates. I "verify" each disk duplicated.

There is freeware that will do that for you, as well, but this being a Cyberlink Forum, I am not able to provide names of programs. "Mr. Google" is your friend.

You could also just reload your projects in PD15 and then go to the "Create Disk" module and author/create as many additional BD disks as you need.

Regards,
-Phil

Thanks for the words, but I still cant do it. I downloaded 2Go but I could never find where it downloaded to my hard drive. I have an external Blu-ray program. It seems its problem with Blu-ray format...I think I will have to pass on this. When I try to go through PD15 it only copies a small portion of the disk.I should have backed up when i burned the original. IT leave me with a problem of not being able to make copies of then work I have alreaqdy done...

Thanks again, you migh thave a word or two/

Gary Lanciae
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Lanciae,

The processes is rather simple if all you want to do is create another BD copy of a disc you already burned with PD. If you have a BD that was created from PD you don’t need to purchase anything to copy that to another BD to share with other relatives. Windows explorer will do the copy just fine.

Assuming you only have a single BD drive, your external Samsung.

1) Insert your PD created BD into your external drive. Depending on what utilities and other playback software you have installed and Auto play settings, something may try to open the BD. Just cancel and use Windows Explorer to open and copy both folders on the BD (BDMV and CERTIFICATE) to a folder on your HD or even your desktop. Eject disc.

2) When you insert a blank BD into your external BD you should get a dialog similar to attached pic. Simply select Windows Explorer. You will get a guided set of dialogs. When blank BD is opened, simply copy the two folders (BDMV and CERTIFICATE) from your HD to the folder and burn. When done, the WIN dialog shown in pic will appear and you can burn another if desired.

Jeff
[Thumb - WIN_BD_BURN.png]
 Filename
WIN_BD_BURN.png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
59 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
79 time(s)
Lanciae [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote This where Packed Projects can be very helpful. Every project I do, after I am done, I export to a folder with "Pack Project Materials" function of PowerDirector. The entire timeline, and the remaining Library contents (used or unused) can be exported for archiving. If I need to make a change, or burn a disc, I simply recall my PPM folder, which has a PowerDirector Project file in it, and reopen it in PD. The PPM is forward compatible with new versions of PowerDirector, so you can open it in the future, say, with PD 17.

That is useful to be aware of, but in this case, Garioch's proposed method is perfect, Power2Go, or other disc burning software to simply copy the disc.

Thanks for respoinding. I like the idea of saving into something like PPM. I'll look into it. Still though there has to be program for copying Blu-Ray disk. The problem is I have to use a external Blu-ray player and I can't copy that a disk on my labtop DVD player..

Thanks for the advice,

Gary Lanciae
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Still though there has to be program for copying Blu-Ray disk. The problem is I have to use a external Blu-ray player and I can't copy that a disk on my labtop DVD player..

It is irrelevant that the BD drive is an external one. Once connected any BD copying program should work. You could copy those BD files to the hard drive first and not to that laptop dvd player that you are implying. You could copy those BD files to the hard drive as Jeff suggested.

See this post about burning a BD with win explorer: http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/0/51588.page#270662 . It works well.

Hope this helps...
Lanciae [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Hi and welcome to the PD15 Forum.

Regards,
-Phil

Thanks for the words, but I still cant do it. I downloaded 2Go but I could never find where it downloaded to my hard drive. I have an external Blu-ray program. It seems its problem with Blu-ray format...I think I will have to pass on this. When I try to go through PD15 it only copies a small portion of the disk.I should have backed up when i burned the original. IT leave me with a problem of not being able to make copies of then work I have alreaqdy done...

Thanks again, you migh thave a word or two/

I got it using a MKV program. Thank again

Gary
Lanciae