Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Transfer Project to Samsung Phone to Upload to IG
[Post New]
I want to transfer a project from my laptop to my Samsung Galaxy Note 5 and then upload it to Instagram. Is this possible? What are the steps? Can I get the project to show up in my Gallery?I also edited a photo into PowerDirector 14 and then added one minute of audio I had digitized in Audacity. That worked fine. But I still can't get the completed project into my phone.

I also tried using the PowerDirector Mobile App for editing. I inserted a minute of the photo. I managed to transfer the audio files, but I couldn't get it onto the timeline, being told that it doesn't support the formats. I had tried wma and wav and had no luck.

I would think it would be easy enough to edit and save a :60 video track with a separate audio track. Any help will be appreciated.
Peter Podder
Member Location: Long Island, N.Y. Joined: Dec 03, 2016 16:13 Messages: 116 Offline
[Post New]
Hello SitKitMakr

I am new to this but upload short clips to Instagram all the time just as you are attempting. Also on a Samsung device.

Connect phone to PC

Cut or Copy the finished project file from PC. Should be .mp4 video

Select the phone on My Computer and go to where you want to save it on phone.

Paste

When promped to convert or copy select NO JUST COPY

File will now be transferred to phone.

Share with Instagram

As far as mobile app I have that too and WMA and WAV will not play with Android. Convert to .MP3 first and it will play just fine.

I sure hope this helps as you will be the first person I have attempted to help since joining.

Good luck !

Scott

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Feb 23. 2017 21:14

Dell Precision M4700 i7-3840QM 2.80 GHz
16gb ram , NVIDIA Quadro K2000M GPU
Samsung 850 EVO 1tb SSD , 500 gb HDD ,

[Post New]
Quote Hello SitKitMakr

I am new to this but upload short clips to Instagram all the time just as you are attempting. Also on a Samsung device.

Connect phone to PC

Cut or Copy the finished project file from PC. Should be .mp4 video

Select the phone on My Computer and go to where you want to save it on phone.

Paste

When promped to convert or copy select NO JUST COPY

File will now be transferred to phone.

Share with Instagram

As far as mobile app I have that too and WMA and WAV will not play with Android. Convert to .MP3 first and it will play just fine.

I sure hope this helps as you will be the first person I have attempted to help since joining.

Good luck !

Scott

Thanks, Scott. I will give it a try as soon as I can, possibly in an hour or so. If not, then tomorrow. I'll post here again to let you know if it worked or if I still have run into an obstacle.

Best,

Kit
Peter Podder
Member Location: Long Island, N.Y. Joined: Dec 03, 2016 16:13 Messages: 116 Offline
[Post New]
Just did one now and it worked. If you want to see or follow go to : Igotgroceries

I am just a beginner so dont laugh ! ____________________________________

Dell Precision M4700 i7-3840QM 2.80 GHz
16gb ram , NVIDIA Quadro K2000M GPU
Samsung 850 EVO 1tb SSD , 500 gb HDD ,

[Post New]
Hi Newbie Scott,

I went to your IG but couldn't see anything because you have it on Private. I haven't had success with this yet. I think it is because my :56sec project at H.264 MPEG-4 1080p AAC has a 25MB file size.

I found a table from Cyberlink that gives info on all the types of formats. It seems that if I somehow compress the file into Quicktime (if I'm understanding this) will give me a lower bitrate, though I'm guessing as to whether it will still come out lower than 1MB, which is apparently what IG requires. I don't know otherwise how I can satisfactorily compress it in PowerDirector and save it with a MB or less file size.

Once I can do this? I'm thinking it will work.

Any thoughts?

- Kit
[Post New]
Scott,

I'm also thinking, in addition to my new post above, that maybe if I make the audio mp3 instead of AAC, that this will lower my file size and then, perhaps even with the H.264, it will work.

Kit
[Post New]
Very frustrating. I may have to concede failure in getting this to work.

In Audacity, I converted my audio file to WMA (version 2) Files (FFmpeg). I then imported that into PoerDirector and dropped it into the vacant audio track. I saved it and exported it.

I checked the Properties for this file, and even though it is just shy of 1MB file size at about :58sec, it is still a PDS file. It won't copy into my phone.

I know I'm doing a couple things wrong here. I have a couple earlier versions with different codecs in my phone now, but I believe the large file size is stopping it from uploading to IG. The recent video files are small, but won't copy into my phone, I think because theyre pds files.
[Post New]
Here's what I think I need to know in regarfs to getting my final prduct uploaded to Instagram:

I need to know if I should convert the audio file I recorded in Audacity to a WMA FFmpeg4 file (or what?) and then import it into PowerDirector and drag and drop it into the audio track on my timeline.

Then, over in the Produce tab of PowerDirector, what file format should I select, along with the profile name/quality.

This shluld then be an MP4 file that I CAN copy into my phone. I think I can get this far. But - I'm only going to be able to upload it to Instagram if my file size is less than 1 MB. I believe that will be dependent upon the choices made in the Produce tab of PowerDirector.

Help me out if you can! Thanks!
Richmond Dan
Senior Contributor Location: Richmond, VA Joined: Aug 07, 2014 17:17 Messages: 673 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Very frustrating. I may have to concede failure in getting this to work.

In Audacity, I converted my audio file to WMA (version 2) Files (FFmpeg). I then imported that into PoerDirector and dropped it into the vacant audio track. I saved it and exported it.

I checked the Properties for this file, and even though it is just shy of 1MB file size at about :58sec, it is still a PDS file. It won't copy into my phone.

I know I'm doing a couple things wrong here. I have a couple earlier versions with different codecs in my phone now, but I believe the large file size is stopping it from uploading to IG. The recent video files are small, but won't copy into my phone, I think because theyre pds files.

A PDS file does not contain your video project. It just contains a list of actions that PD needs to take in order to edit your media files. (It used to be called an edit decision list, or EDL, back in the dark ages). In order to make a playable project, you must first produce it in PD using the Produce tab. I'm afraid I can't help you decide which format to choose for a Samsung phone, though....