Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PD14 very buggy/unstable compared to older versions...
DavideBianchini [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 18, 2017 08:08 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Having upgraded from version 11 to 14, and having had some time to spend working with the program, I have noticed that 14 seems to be more buggy compared to the previous version.

Here are a few examples;

• moving the dB fade point on track view does not rest on displayed dB level: If I set volume to 1 dB, for example, then hover over the point again, it will read something different, like 1.4 dB or .8dB, etc...

• speed adjustment loses it editability: For example, if I enable the speed adjustment on a track, then make a few edits to the track (such as enabling fade), I cannot go back and adjust the time duration of the track. It is locked to whatever it was previously.

• Tracks sometimes do not maintain their edits: If I make a few changes to a track (such as splitting it, clipping its length, etc.), then work on other tracks, sometimes it will lose all the changes I made to it. I will then have to drag a new copy of the video into the timeline to make the changes over again.

• Tracks in background are sometimes brought to forground. In the timeline, tracks that are below other tracks should be on top. But sometimes this gets reversed; hidden tracks that I've made edits to are placed above others. I will then have to delete the track and drag a new version of it onto the timeline for it to display proerly again.

I have run into other various issues, but these are the main ones. I have also attempted contacting tech support about these a while back, but the responses were somewhat generic or unhelpful. It doesn't seem like their English is very good. Just fair wanring....

-D

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Feb 18. 2017 08:35

PepsiMan
Senior Contributor Location: Clarksville, TN Joined: Dec 29, 2010 01:20 Messages: 1054 Offline
[Post New]
welcome to the forum.

uninstall both PD 11 & 14,

then do a clean re-install, just PD 14.

happy happy joy joy

PepsiMan

'garbage in garbage out' 'no bridge too far'

Yashica Electro 8 LD-6 Super 8mm
Asrock TaiChi X470, AMD R7 2700X, W7P 64, MSI GTX1060 6GB, Corsair 16GB/RAM
Dell XPS L702X i7-2860QM, W7P / W10P 64, Intel HD3000/nVidia GT 550M 1GB, Micron 16GB/RAM
Samsung Galaxy Note3/NX1
glowx231 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 19, 2015 12:06 Messages: 32 Offline
[Post New]
Use the appropriate Cyber Cleanup Tool after uninstall:

https://www.cyberlink.com/support/faq-content.do?id=14589