Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
How to remove FX when applied to a video track
ErikJon777 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 26, 2015 17:15 Messages: 23 Offline
[Post New]
Hello, friends.

I have been using Power Director 13 for just a few weeks now, having used Windows Movie Maker previously. Rather than read through the manual I usually look for an intuitive approach first, or I try what what I used to do in Windows Movie Maker, and if it works, I proceed.

Until now I have been applying FX to my video track, rather than to the FX track, as this is what I used to do, and it seems to work equally well. In fact, I think that this is the only way to make transitions, as well, so you can see how I found it to be the intuitive approach.

Recently I applied the standard zoom-in effect to two or three clips, then changed my mind during another session, long after rebooting. Now I do not know how to remove the effect, after it is applied. I get the little black-and-orange "i" in the corner of the clip affected, as a reminder that it has an effect applied, but I see no way of removing the effect, neither in the context menu nor in any other part of the interface. I have tried clicking on the symbol itself, on the clip, on the far left edge of the track, etc., but I find no solution.

Please kindly tell me someone how to remove the effect, if you would.
The Shadowman
Senior Contributor Location: UK Joined: Dec 15, 2014 13:06 Messages: 1831 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Hello, friends.

I have been using Power Director 13 for just a few weeks now, having used Windows Movie Maker previously. Rather than read through the manual I usually look for an intuitive approach first, or I try what what I used to do in Windows Movie Maker, and if it works, I proceed.

Until now I have been applying FX to my video track, rather than to the FX track, as this is what I used to do, and it seems to work equally well. In fact, I think that this is the only way to make transitions, as well, so you can see how I found it to be the intuitive approach.

Recently I applied the standard zoom-in effect to two or three clips, then changed my mind during another session, long after rebooting. Now I do not know how to remove the effect, after it is applied. I get the little black-and-orange "i" in the corner of the clip affected, as a reminder that it has an effect applied, but I see no way of removing the effect, neither in the context menu nor in any other part of the interface. I have tried clicking on the symbol itself, on the clip, on the far left edge of the track, etc., but I find no solution.

Please kindly tell me someone how to remove the effect, if you would.

Hi Erik

highlight the clip - click on. EFFECT above timeline - when little square with effect names in comes up, click on the minus sign below white box and the effect will disappear.

Robert

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Feb 17. 2017 07:58

Panny TM10, GH2, GH4,
ErikJon777 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 26, 2015 17:15 Messages: 23 Offline
[Post New]
Wow. I never would have thought to look there. You are right. Thank you so much, Shadowman.