Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Menu Designer dies (PD11)
borgus1 [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Feb 27, 2013 00:33 Messages: 1318 Offline
[Post New]
If a system image is restored Menu Designer (MD) works. But after a time - sometimes days - it crashes repeatedly at the point the 'chapters' screen would appear.

UPDATE The most recent image - created when MD was working - was restored, but this time it had no effect on the crash. Something within the system is corrupting this element of PD11.

Between the time MD works and the time that it fails nothing has been intentionally changed on this up-to-date W10 (64) system. No registry cleaning.

A few virus definition files have been loaded in past days and Defender, CCleaner and defrag were run. But MD survived those processes. Only later did it fail repeatedly.

A report has been submitted, with no response.

Reloading PD original disk and various patches does not solve the problem. Restarting Explorer, rebooting or changing video drivers isn't a fix. GeForce Experience is not installed.

ONLY an image restore repairs the MD. Your thoughts?

This message was edited 5 times. Last update was at Feb 16. 2017 00:54

tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
Try the links provided in the post below. The older versions of PD seem to have different problems for different users when they do the upgrade to win 10. Somethings appear to work on some win 10 systems and other things don't.

See this post for this user’s final solution: http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/51203.page .
borgus1 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Try the links provided in the post below. The older versions of PD seem to have different problems for different users when they do the upgrade to win 10. Somethings appear to work on some win 10 systems and other things don't.

See this post for this user’s final solution: http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/51203.page .

Done, but no clue there - except the obvious: upgrade PD. Compatibility advisor result is null, and various compatibility modes have been tested. Same crash. Thanks for your suggestions.
BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
My menu designer crashed in PD 13, 14, and 15 repeatedly. This happened only iwhen altering my background of a menu. With the aid of several members, in particular JL_JL (who seems to be a library of information), it APPPEARS to have been traced to OpenCL issue and/or a bad menu. My custom menu folder is in Documents/Cyberlink/Custom Menus/3.0. I deleted the contents, emptied temp files, disabled the iGPU and finally no issus, I can modify a menu background.

There is a caveat, though. According to JL_JL I have mis-installed my drivers for my GTX960 and iGPU, and I no longer have ANY OpenCL, I appear to be back into CUDA! JL_JL states that is an incorrect state, but because everything is working regarding editing I am leaving it alone for now. The thread of doom will show you how things went down. Good luck. HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Nvidia GTX 960(4GB)/16GB DDR3/
Canon Vixia HV30/HF-M40/HF-M41/HF-G20/Olympus E-PL5.
Tape capture using 6 VCR, TBC-1000, Elite BVP4+, Sony D8 camcorder with TBC.
https://www.facebook.com/BarryAFTT
borgus1 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote My menu designer crashed in PD 13, 14, and 15 repeatedly. This happened only iwhen altering my background of a menu. With the aid of several members, in particular JL_JL (who seems to be a library of information), it APPPEARS to have been traced to OpenCL issue and/or a bad menu. My custom menu folder is in Documents/Cyberlink/Custom Menus/3.0. I deleted the contents, emptied temp files, disabled the iGPU and finally no issus, I can modify a menu background.

There is a caveat, though. According to JL_JL I have mis-installed my drivers for my GTX960 and iGPU, and I no longer have ANY OpenCL, I appear to be back into CUDA! JL_JL states that is an incorrect state, but because everything is working regarding editing I am leaving it alone for now. The thread of doom will show you how things went down. Good luck.

Thanks Barry. Upgraded and found occasional crashes in opening Menu Designer are still evident in PD15. Haven't used the tool to experience the "thread of doom" though. ^_^