Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
CD Business Card
Innovink [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 30, 2008 22:53 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
I would like to put a video presentation using Power Director onto a CD Business Card.
Does anyone know how to do this? I have burned my video onto my CD Business Card, but once I put it into my CD drive it does not work.
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Innovink,

Yes, you can. You might need to be a little more specific about details so someone can help, video format you have, what you did, what and how did you burn on the CD Business card, what the problem is, then someone might be able to help. I created the following and it works.

1) Go to Create Disc
2) Use VCD or SVCD
3) Select create disk without menu
4) Burn away

Jeff
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
My 4 penny worth.

I had a business card (I must dig it out) given to me which used the wmv format and auto ran in Windows Media player.

Dafydd
[Post New]

I recently put together a "Business Card". Basically it was a slideshow with music and audio dub.

I formatted it to be played on a regular DVD player as most people have the ability to play it on there Computer however I would agree that a format compatible with Window Media player would be a safer way to go.

I would run with mini DVD's rather than CD as you can usually fit more on it and everybody has a DVD player, however thats personal preference

Good Luck
Brian

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Dec 31. 2008 04:44

I'm here for a good time, not a long time.
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
I've just found the one I referred to, it is an actual business card with a disc (CD). Within it's structure is a PowerPoint display with a PP viewer etc. However I think an Autorun.inf file pointing to the actual *.wmv would work just as well.

Thank you.... I will play with this when I have 5 minutes....

Dafydd
Cranston
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Aug 17, 2007 02:26 Messages: 1667 Offline
[Post New]
Dafydd Bevan wrote:
My 4 penny worth.

Boy it must be true that the worldwide economy really is getting bad.
It used to be... "my 2 cents worth".
But evidently it's now gone up to 4 cents in Wales. Hahaha.
Thanks for all your help on the forum Dayfdd. Happy New Year! Click here PDtoots for a collection of PowerDirector Tutorials and Tips
[Post New]
My wooden nickle...

...just fell victim to termites...

Cranston. I did look at some of your videos.

Neat stuff, enjoyed them.

Damn, hobbling around with a cane again. Cabin fever bad.

Took a fall Christmas day and somehow got the back of my heel banged up bad.

Gotta get out and do some video or I go NUTS!
Cranston
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Aug 17, 2007 02:26 Messages: 1667 Offline
[Post New]
Yea I've got a few wooden nickles I've "took" over the years that are mostly only little piles of dust these days. But I keep 'em as a reminder, if you know what I mean.
Hope you bounce back quickly from that bum heel! Happy New Year Bif! And don't take any...
Well, you know, hahaha. Click here PDtoots for a collection of PowerDirector Tutorials and Tips