Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PD13 Burning Unsucessful Error When trying to burn to a BD-RE (and probably other BD ) Disc/s
CS2014
Senior Contributor Location: USA-Eastern Time Zone Joined: Sep 16, 2014 16:44 Messages: 629 Offline
[Post New]
So I am trying to burn a 'small' project onto a BD-RE - as I test burn to an RE disc before I try to burn to a regular BD disc - and I get the attached error - eA0040003. The project length is only about 9 minutes. I do have a fair amount of editing in the 9 minutes - video speeding up in a few places - fades transitions, etc...

The error code window - as you can see stated - buring was uinsuccessful and it lists prossible causes:

1. Format of media file not supported -------------------- I am using in the editing room AVI files - I was trying to burn MP2 onto the disc.

2. The file cannot be locaterd successfully. ----------------- Not sure why as I directed the burn window to the file locations I wanted the ISO file and the project burn to go... into an existing folder

3. The parameters or settings applied to the functions are incorrect. ------------------ Now this one.. maybe I'm guilty of some wrong-doing here. I shot the original clips a 1920-1080p-30fps... and then selected 1920-1080 - 60i... but I don't think THIS is a problem because I tested burning at these settings on just ONE video clip - and it burned successfully to the RE disc. Even played just fine on my BD player hooked up to the TV.

4. DirectShow filters are not registered well. --------------------------Well, I don't know what these are and how I could have NOT registered them.

So.... any ideas guys n gals?

THanks

CS
 Filename
Burn Error 1.png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
41 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
82 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Feb 02. 2017 11:02

PD13 Ultimate - Build 3516, WIN 8.1, 64 Bit, 16G RAM, Intel Core i5 4460, CPU @ 3.2GHz, NVIDIA GeForce GT720, Graphics Memory(total avail.)-4093MB
LG WH14NS40 Blu-Ray Drive
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
Have you been able to burn disks in the past with your current setup?

Since you only posted a screen shot of the error, I have no idea of your timeline and your create disc settings.

Be sure you have the all to the files available (no black place holders). Also be sure you have selected Bluray in Create Disk > 2D Disc.

If DVD is the disc type, may cause that error. Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

CS2014
Senior Contributor Location: USA-Eastern Time Zone Joined: Sep 16, 2014 16:44 Messages: 629 Offline
[Post New]
Sorry about only posting the screen shot of the error. I DID have screen captures of the burn windos and tried to upload them to PhotoBucket(don't ask) and have somehow managed to lose them

I DID select burn to BLuRay though... and I changed the encoding format quality from H.264 to MPEG-2. I then selected HD 1920-1080 - 60i. My source clips are AVI -converted form Magic+PD - and they are 1920-1080p 30fps. I do not see any selection for 30fps - and I have tried buring with the 24 fps choice but same result - locking up at about 40 - 50% authoring.

I am using a Verbatim 50GB BD-RE disc Carl - and I've selected the 50GB selection under the BluRay burning icon. I've had no problems with burning to the BD-RE it in the past. And like I said - in an experiment - I burned one of the source slips onto it successfully - but my whole project... bonks out.

Not sure what you mean by this "Be sure you have the all to the files available (no black place holders)."

I DO have ONE black colorboard in between the two video clips I have on the timeline. I didn't think a black colorboard would present an issue.

CS PD13 Ultimate - Build 3516, WIN 8.1, 64 Bit, 16G RAM, Intel Core i5 4460, CPU @ 3.2GHz, NVIDIA GeForce GT720, Graphics Memory(total avail.)-4093MB
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Sorry about only posting the screen shot of the error. I DID have screen captures of the burn windos and tried to upload them to PhotoBucket(don't ask) and have somehow managed to lose them

I DID select burn to BLuRay though... and I changed the encoding format quality from H.264 to MPEG-2. I then selected HD 1920-1080 - 60i. My source clips are AVI -converted form Magic+PD - and they are 1920-1080p 30fps. I do not see any selection for 30fps - and I have tried buring with the 24 fps choice but same result - locking up at about 40 - 50% authoring.

I am using a Verbatim 50GB BD-RE disc Carl - and I've selected the 50GB selection under the BluRay burning icon. I've had no problems with burning to the BD-RE it in the past. And like I said - in an experiment - I burned one of the source slips onto it successfully - but my whole project... bonks out.

Not sure what you mean by this "Be sure you have the all to the files available (no black place holders)."

I DO have ONE black colorboard in between the two video clips I have on the timeline. I didn't think a black colorboard would present an issue.

CS
Black color boards are not a problem. Just be sure the files are there in your project.

The correct format is MPEG-2 1920x1080/60i or MP4 1920x1080/60i, 30fps files are 60i. the 'i' is for interlaced. They will have to be 100% rendered because the original videos files are AVI. Either MP4 or MP2 bluray willl have to be rendered 100%.

I hope this makes sense. Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

CS2014
[Post New]
I have been selecting the zMPEG2 1920x1080 60i - burning choice. And my source clips are 30 fps - 1920x1080 resolution.

I do NOT understand what you mean by the following:

"They will have to be 100% rendered because the original videos files are AVI. Either MP4 or MP2 bluray willl have to be rendered 100%."

What is 'They' referring to in the first sentence? I've been selecting MPEG2.... what do you mean by it would have to be rendered 100%?

CS

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Feb 02. 2017 18:20

PD13 Ultimate - Build 3516, WIN 8.1, 64 Bit, 16G RAM, Intel Core i5 4460, CPU @ 3.2GHz, NVIDIA GeForce GT720, Graphics Memory(total avail.)-4093MB
Fenman
Senior Contributor Location: Cambridge, UK Joined: Nov 24, 2011 04:44 Messages: 731 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I do NOT understand what you mean by the following:

"They will have to be 100% rendered because the original videos files are AVI. Either MP4 or MP2 bluray willl have to be rendered 100%."

What is 'They' referring to in the first sentence?

The way I read it Carl is saying that if the original files have been decompressed to AVI, using Magic+PD for example, then the entire edited footage will need to be re-encoded in production. I expect Carl will correct me if I'm wrong.

Thinking about it this may be one advantage of using proxy files rather than Magic+PD. Once the footage has been edited using the proxy files the final video can be produced directly from the original files which will allow the use of SVRT. This should mean that the bulk of the output will not have been decompressed then re-compressed, reducing the likelihood of unwanted artifacts being introduced. Regards,
Mike

Home-build system:
Intel Core i5 Quad Core 3.3GHz, 2 x 4GB DDR3 1333MHz,
Asus Nvidia GT440 1GB, 2 x Western Digital WD10EARS 1TB, 1 x Seagate ST1000DM010 1TB,
Windows 7 Prof 64-bit, PD 9 Ultra 64, PD 13 Ultimate 64
stevek
Senior Contributor Location: Houston, Texas USA Joined: Jan 25, 2011 12:18 Messages: 4663 Offline
[Post New]
Just for my information -- since the original is 30fps, why are you trying to encode (render) it to 60 fps.

If I remember my history, you will just be essentially doubling the frames that are already there. M ost people will not notice the difference. .
BoilerPlate: To posters who ask for help -- it is nice to thank the volunteers who try to answer your questions !
Anything I post unless stated with a reference is my personal opinion.
CS2014
[Post New]
Thanks guys for the response.

Steve - when I go to burn to disc - there is NOT choice for burning MPEG2-1920x1080p 30fps - only 60i
Mike - so processing the MOV files through Magic+PD decompresses them and you think this may lead to introducing 'artifacts' when recompressed in the rendering process when I produce or Burn to disc???
Mike - When you say you state "Once the footage has been edited using the proxy files the final video can be produced directly from the original files which will allow the use of SVRT."

1..... is 'using the proxy files' like saying ... use the original video clips files instead of the converted to AVI files for the editing in PD? The original files are MOV format and I'd like to not have to install and delete QT every time I use MOV files but... if this is what I have to do , then I might just have to do that. (or ... is there some sort of other decompression program that will NOT introduce artifacts?? - that will allow MOV files to be processed in PD13 .... OR am I using Magic+PD improperly somehow???? - it seems straight forward enough - locate the files and select them for input and output and start the process)

2...... so using the original files... THAT would allow SVRT to analyze the project to see what IT reccommended to use for burning...
THanks guys.

CS

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Feb 03. 2017 15:50

Carl312
[Post New]
In answer to Fenman, BluRay disks have either MPEG-2 of AVC MP4 files on the disk. If the input videos are AVI then all of the Video written to the disk will be re-rendered to one of the two formats to fit the Bluray Standard.

AVI becomes MP2 or MP4 depending on the format you chose in 2D disc. Now if AVI are proxy files then the original HD file format is used. You have not said what the format of the original files are.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blu-ray#Media_format Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

CS2014
[Post New]
Carl ...the response just before your last one:

"1..... is 'using the proxy files' like saying ... use the original video clips files instead of the converted to AVI files for the editing in PD? The original files are MOV format and I'd like to not have to install and delete QT every time I use MOV files but... if this is what I have to do , then I might just have to do that."

The clips I have been usng in this project are MOV clips.

CS PD13 Ultimate - Build 3516, WIN 8.1, 64 Bit, 16G RAM, Intel Core i5 4460, CPU @ 3.2GHz, NVIDIA GeForce GT720, Graphics Memory(total avail.)-4093MB
Fenman
Senior Contributor Location: Cambridge, UK Joined: Nov 24, 2011 04:44 Messages: 731 Offline
[Post New]
CS, ignore what I said about proxy files. Unless the format of the produced files that you're burning to DVD or Blu-Ray is the same as your original files SVRT won't work. Since yours are MOV the entire production will need to be rendered (compressed with a codec) anyway. Although MOV and MP4 are essentially the same they are apparently only truly interchangeable in an Apple environment.

SVRT - Smart Video Rendering Technology is a technique that avoids re-rendering any original material that hasn't been changed in the editing. So, for example, only things like clips with titles superimposed, or have had their colour changed, speed varied or had transitions applied would need rendering. In the case of clips that had simply been trimmed the original material would just be copied straight to the output file. This has the obvious advantage of saving a great deal of time, reducing the burden on the CPU and avoiding the possibility of blocky artefacts being introduced, e.g. noticeable pixellation.

I think that in a Windows environment your MOV files would not be sufficiently interchangeable with MP4 for SVRT to work.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Feb 03. 2017 16:30

Regards,
Mike

Home-build system:
Intel Core i5 Quad Core 3.3GHz, 2 x 4GB DDR3 1333MHz,
Asus Nvidia GT440 1GB, 2 x Western Digital WD10EARS 1TB, 1 x Seagate ST1000DM010 1TB,
Windows 7 Prof 64-bit, PD 9 Ultra 64, PD 13 Ultimate 64
Carl312
[Post New]
If the original files are MOV, it would be a good idea to convert the MOV files to something else (MP4) with one of the many free file converters.

If you use file conversion, you would never have to worry about Quicktime.

I only have one camera that makes MOV files. I do have Quicktime on my computer. I am not concerned about the supposed security of Quicktime. Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

CS2014
[Post New]
Carl will I lose resolution, sharpness or clarity from converting MOV to MP4?

My project consists of 2 video clips. One aobut 8 minutes and one about 3 minutes. I've taken and edited them pretty heavily I'm guessing as I used Power Tools to speed up portions that I split out of the original clips to about 4x or 5x speed. I also cropped much of both video clips to about 1/4 of the original frame size - thus it appears 'zoomed in' quite a bit. THen all the fade transitions and added Title text overlays ... so that pretty much explains the extent of the editng performed.

SInce I've PIP 'zoomed in' I do not want to experience any more loss of resolution of sacrifice clairty and thus ask if converting from MOV to MP4 - if THAT will degrade the clips before my Pip Zooming In editing takes place.

I suppose I should just try converting and see for myself if it is affected. BUt, you might save me a little time if you have information on such. Thanks

CS

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Feb 03. 2017 20:05

tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Carl will I lose resolution, sharpness or clarity from converting MOV to MP4?

My project consists of 2 video clips. One aobut 8 minutes and one about 3 minutes.

You can wait for the answer from Carl. Yes you may if you used the wrong converter. In my opinion it will make no difference whether you use mov or mp4 on small projects.

Since your mov file are only 8 min. and 3 min. long then try this: Put them on a timeline and view properties. Write down the video properties. Hit Alt-S on the keyboard. Verify your information. Go to produce and click intelligent svrt. Select a mp4 profile that is close to it Hit the + key to create a custom profile. You probably need to set the video properties to what you wrote down for frame rate, bitrate, etc. You need to set the bitrate a little higher. You may use mediainfo as a guide. Change the high profile to Baseline Profile/CAVLC. Svrt should work and you should be able to use PD13 to do the mov to mp4 conversion for you in a matter of seconds since your two files total only 11 minutes long.

Carl is saying that you could use these mp4 files converted from mov in your project. You don't have any video conversion losses at all because you only changed the container.
CS2014
[Post New]
tomasc - the MOV files will NOT import into PD13 if I do not have QT installed. I'd LIKE to NOT have to install QT each time I wanted to edit MOV files - and then delete it after I am done editing MOV files. Two of the three cameras I use (Canon EOS Rebel T5, and FujiFilm XP70) to record video - record in MOV.

I have done the install and removal once to see if I could still edit MOV files and with QT installed - ity seems that I can edit MOV when QT is installed.

BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
Quote tomasc - the MOV files will NOT import into PD13 if I do not have QT installed. I'd LIKE to NOT have to install QT each time I wanted to edit MOV files - and then delete it after I am done editing MOV files. Two of the three cameras I use (Canon EOS Rebel T5, and FujiFilm XP70) to record video - record in MOV.
I have done the install and removal once to see if I could still edit MOV files and with QT installed - ity seems that I can edit MOV when QT is installed.
CS

There is a QTlite you can install without the security issues.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Feb 04. 2017 08:33

HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Nvidia GTX 960(4GB)/16GB DDR3/
Canon Vixia HV30/HF-M40/HF-M41/HF-G20/Olympus E-PL5.
Tape capture using 6 VCR, TBC-1000, Elite BVP4+, Sony D8 camcorder with TBC.
https://www.facebook.com/BarryAFTT
CS2014
[Post New]
I downloaded and installed QT Lite. I'm reconstructing the project with MOV clips now. Will report back when I go to burning a disc. THanks for the suggestion.

CS2014
[Post New]
Ok Guys,

SHould I start a new thread or just continue this one? I'll continue this one until I hear otherwise.

I have takens a couple of clips that I shot from my GoPro Hero3 from a couple of years ago and edited them similarly to the way that I did on the 'original' project aht I am having trouble buerning to a BD-RE. I split the two clips several times, sped up a few sections to 5x, applied the fade transitions in many places. These clips burned successfully onto the BD-RE.

The 'original' clips that have the issue were shot on my Canon EOS Rebel T5 - an intro level camera. It makes clips in the MOV format. Attached is the MediaInfo for one of the clips shot with the Canon. Since I was successfuly burning with teh GoPro clips, I've jsut tried to burn AGAIN, the original project. It is getting 'stuck' or is locking up at 94% authoring AGAIN. WHen I've tried to burn before it was getting to this same point, either 93% or 94% authoring and locking up there.

These clips from the Canon - is there anything in the MediaInfo that should have flagged me about them?

I'll take and record a few more lips with the Canon I guess to see if this is consistent but, I'm at a loss why jsut those clips are having the issue?!?

Any thoughts on how to proceed? I'd lke to know why these are seemingly having an issue.

CS

edit addition: I should mention that the original project 'produces' just fine. I can put it on a flash-drive and play it just fine through the BD player connected to the TV.
[Thumb - 5294 Canon T5 clip MediaInfo.png]
 Filename
5294 Canon T5 clip MediaInfo.png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
60 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
77 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Feb 07. 2017 12:16