Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Keystoning (Leaning Buildings) Help Needed.
OffTheMark [Avatar]
Member Joined: Jun 12, 2016 10:39 Messages: 114 Offline
[Post New]
Is there any automatic (or manual but easy) way to correct keystoning? (Where buildings look to be leaning backwards?)

I shoot architecture so having vertical lines be straigh up and down is really hard to do with a gimbal and a wide angle lens.

I have tried the designer and I see that in each corner of the frame is a blue square. I first turn OFF the maintain aspect ratio button. Then I try to SLIGHTLY adjust the position of the blue square so the verticals become straight up and down.

But...

PowerDirector won't let me move the blue squares A LITTLE BIT. It is like it has a "snap to" or a "magnetic" feature where it either doesn't move OR it moves further than I want it to.

Am I missing something? I just want to make the scale of the top of the shot a bit wider than toward the bottom of the shot. But I can't seem to make subtle changes.

Thanks in advance.
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Mark -

The simplest thing you can do is apply a lens correction profile.

Select the clip > Fix/Enhance > Lens Correction - then choose a profile for your camera/lens. The example in the attached screenshot doesn't have the correct profile applied (there wasn't one available).

You can download extra profiles from <a>http://directorzone.cyberlink.com/pdr/lens</a>

On the "blue squares", at the bottom right of the preview pane in PiP Designer, uncheck "Snap to Reference Lines" (if it's checked).

Cheers - Tony
[Thumb - Lens Correction.png]
 Filename
Lens Correction.png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
393 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
33 time(s)

Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
I spent so much time on this darn screencap I just HAD to upload it.
[Thumb - snap2.jpg]
 Filename
snap2.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
Snap to
 Filesize
294 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
44 time(s)
HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Nvidia GTX 960(4GB)/16GB DDR3/
Canon Vixia HV30/HF-M40/HF-M41/HF-G20/Olympus E-PL5.
Tape capture using 6 VCR, TBC-1000, Elite BVP4+, Sony D8 camcorder with TBC.
https://www.facebook.com/BarryAFTT
Richmond Dan
Senior Contributor Location: Richmond, VA Joined: Aug 07, 2014 17:17 Messages: 673 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I spent so much time on this darn screencap I just HAD to upload it.

That's worth at least a thousand words...thanks! Regards,
Dan
Power Director 21-Ultimate
v 21.0.3111.0
XPS-8940, Win-10 64-bit,
Intel Core i9-10900 processor
(10 core, 20M Cache),
32GB DDR4 RAM, 2TB M.2 PCIe NVME SSD, 2TB 7200 RPM SATA HDD,
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 SUPER 8GB GDDR6
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
I already tried what Barry showed in his screenshot. Move the lower blue square inward and then expand the clip in PiP designer worked just fine.