Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PD13 - Pip Locks up PD after Hitting SAVE
CS2014
Senior Contributor Location: USA-Eastern Time Zone Joined: Sep 16, 2014 16:44 Messages: 629 Offline
[Post New]
I know I used the features in PIP in the past.. distant past.. probably about a year ago or so. So I KNOW there have been many, many WIN updates etc...

I've run two MOV clips through Magic+PD and converted a copy of those files to AVI format. Drug them into(imported them) the editing window in PD13. Placed them both on the timeline and started editing. Attachment 1-28-17 Scr Shot...

I double clicked on the video clip and the Pip Designer window opens. I use the scale and position features and then hit SAVE. If I hit 'Save AS' I get the Cyberlinek PowerDirector message "You cannot save tempolates that contain video files." message.

But I've been selecting 'SAVE' - it appears that PD does 'save' and it exits the PiP Designer routine. WhenI hit anything out in the main PD editing window - the program freezes/locks up. Gives me the choice of waiting or exiting the program. I've waited a few times... several minutes to no avail.

I've run my dxdiag and attached it too. I see some errors at the bottom and would like to know what they mean. Also, MORE IMPORTANTLY - how do I fix those errors?

Don't know if this will fix my PD issue but I might as well start there I suppose.

THanks for any help folks.

CS

ps. my build info should be in my signiature
 Filename
DxDiag - 1-28-17.txt
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
59 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
351 time(s)
 Filename
1-28-17 Scr Shot PD13-scaled.png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
115 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
71 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 28. 2017 10:03

PD13 Ultimate - Build 3516, WIN 8.1, 64 Bit, 16G RAM, Intel Core i5 4460, CPU @ 3.2GHz, NVIDIA GeForce GT720, Graphics Memory(total avail.)-4093MB
LG WH14NS40 Blu-Ray Drive
The Shadowman
Senior Contributor Location: UK Joined: Dec 15, 2014 13:06 Messages: 1831 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I know I used the features in PIP in the past.. distant past.. probably about a year ago or so. So I KNOW there have been many, many WIN updates etc...

I've run two MOV clips through Magic+PD and converted a copy of those files to AVI format. Drug them into(imported them) the editing window in PD13. Placed them both on the timeline and started editing. Attachment 1-28-17 Scr Shot...

I double clicked on the video clip and the Pip Designer window opens. I use the scale and position features and then hit SAVE. If I hit 'Save AS' I get the Cyberlinek PowerDirector message "You cannot save tempolates that contain video files." message.

But I've been selecting 'SAVE' - it appears that PD does 'save' and it exits the PiP Designer routine. WhenI hit anything out in the main PD editing window - the program freezes/locks up. Gives me the choice of waiting or exiting the program. I've waited a few times... several minutes to no avail.

I've run my dxdiag and attached it too. I see some errors at the bottom and would like to know what they mean. Also, MORE IMPORTANTLY - how do I fix those errors?

Don't know if this will fix my PD issue but I might as well start there I suppose.

THanks for any help folks.

CS

ps. my build info should be in my signiature

Sorry, CS

I did everything you described, but I am unable to replicate your problem. I can confirm that hitting save in the PIP designer did save the keyframe changes that I made. And yes, "Save As" is for stills only.

What exactly do you mean when you say "When I hit anything out in the main PD editing window" Can you be a little more specific.

Robert

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 28. 2017 11:00

Panny TM10, GH2, GH4,
CS2014
Senior Contributor Location: USA-Eastern Time Zone Joined: Sep 16, 2014 16:44 Messages: 629 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Robert,

The screen shot attachment shows the window. The window that is present after you hit save in the Pip Designer ... it closes and the window that remains... the edit room I guess in PD is what I'm talking about. If I try to select anything out in that room (after saving in Pop Designer)... that's when I get a lock up.

I've done a little further investigation. I've reinstalled QT(temporarily - I'll intstall and uninstall each time I use MOV files it looks like) and imported the MOV files/video clips directly into the media room. THen got a clip into Pip Designer. Evertyhing works as intended. So the MOV files/clips seem to work ok but the '.avi' files I created in Magic+PD seem to be at least related to my issue.

I've UNINSTALLED QT right after I exited PD - so I would reduce my risk of a security comprimise when I connected back up to the internet. I suppose it - QT - STILL has the security issue that we all learned about some time ago.

But I thought I'd try editign this tiume using the AVI files in PD13 and I used Magic to convert them.

So, bottom line is I don't seem to be able to use the avi files that Magic created I haven't tried any otherMOV to AVI converter yet. Not sure if that's what I want to do or not.

CS

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 28. 2017 11:52

PD13 Ultimate - Build 3516, WIN 8.1, 64 Bit, 16G RAM, Intel Core i5 4460, CPU @ 3.2GHz, NVIDIA GeForce GT720, Graphics Memory(total avail.)-4093MB
CS2014
[Post New]
... and should have added that I wonder if my 'weak-ish' CPU and only 8G of RAM is contributing to the issue?

CS

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 28. 2017 11:55

The Shadowman
Senior Contributor Location: UK Joined: Dec 15, 2014 13:06 Messages: 1831 Offline
[Post New]
Quote ... and should have added that I wonder if my 'weak-ish' CPU and only 8G of RAM is contributing to the issue?

CS

CS

I used AVIs created in Magic too, but I still cant reproduce your problem.

Are you saying the screenshot in post 1 is frozen screen? It may be what you suggest, a memory problem. Have you tried doing it with a small AVI clip on its own. If that works, maybe you are asking too much of your machine.

As I said, it works for me. I have i7, intel HD 4600 and 16gb Ram

Robert Panny TM10, GH2, GH4,
CS2014
[Post New]
I have NOT tried smaller AVI clips.

I was also surprised that when I converted them RObert, they were only about 4x bigger. Original clip was about 4G .. the converted clip was 11G - 12G.

CS

screenshot .... attachment 1 in original post was of the window that would lock up... that one wasn't at the time PD13 Ultimate - Build 3516, WIN 8.1, 64 Bit, 16G RAM, Intel Core i5 4460, CPU @ 3.2GHz, NVIDIA GeForce GT720, Graphics Memory(total avail.)-4093MB
The Shadowman
[Post New]
Quote I have NOT tried smaller AVI clips.

I was also surprised that when I converted them RObert, they were only about 4x bigger. Original clip was about 4G .. the converted clip was 11G - 12G.

CS

screenshot .... attachment 1 in original post was of the window that would lock up... that one wasn't at the time

CS

The size difference is very odd. I just did a comparison and the difference was 9.6 times. Now here's a wierd thing I cant explain, maybe somebody else can help. I converted the MOV to AVI and then placed them both in PD to have a look at the properties side by side, PD tells me that the MOV is in fact an MP4 - baffled. Mediainfo says that it's Mpeg4 (quicktime). What's the difference??

Robert Panny TM10, GH2, GH4,
CS2014
[Post New]
Can't seem to reply with a word doc attached.

Just confirmed the one clip was approximately a 4.1 - 4.2 GB clip - converted in Magic+PD it was a 12.5GB AVI file.

The other clip was 933MB MOV file - converted to a 2.7GB AVI file. These numbers are listed in my folder where these files reside.

The numbers aren't exactly what MediaInfo states when use to look at the file characteristics - MediaInfo states the MOV file under the 'General ' information - the File Size is 3.88GiB (4.1GB listed in folder above).

The second file I had 933MB GB in folder listed as 912 MiB in MediaInfo.

Not big differences.. I doubt it's significant. But I could be wrong.

CS

Also I think I just may try to add more RAM for the heck of it and get 8G more and install - sometime.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 28. 2017 17:58

CS2014
[Post New]
Just to wrap this up....

I installed 8G more of RAM and the processing in PD13 seems to be working just fine now. NO 'freeze ups' when scaling in PIP or when saving in Pip or repositioning.... in PIP... etc...

Still..... there's the issue that when I converted these clips... they only seemed to scale up about 4X .. not hte expected 10X. I suppose I should'nt complain!

THanks for responding though Robert!

CS PD13 Ultimate - Build 3516, WIN 8.1, 64 Bit, 16G RAM, Intel Core i5 4460, CPU @ 3.2GHz, NVIDIA GeForce GT720, Graphics Memory(total avail.)-4093MB