Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Seeing audio markers on PDR timeline
Peter Podder
Member Location: Long Island, N.Y. Joined: Dec 03, 2016 16:13 Messages: 116 Offline
[Post New]
Greetings everyone.

I have been using PDR 15 for aboout 3 weeks. I have been editing videos as a hobby with the mobile version and windows MM for about a year so I have an advanced beginner knowledge of my craft.

I have a project that I would like to produce from the audio clip first. I set the markers in ADR where I want various elements of the video to start/stop etc. and brought it over to PDR. However I cant see the markers I created in ADR on the PDR timeline. I believe I checked everywhere for a feature to turn on/off to see this. I also expanded the audio timeline in settings but no markers appear.

The answer may be right under my nose as that can sometimes happen and this may be a backward approach but I want to experiment with this short clip.

If anyone can help me that would be greatly appreciated.

Looking forward to a day when I can actually contribute to this knowledge base.

Thanks ____________________________________

Dell Precision M4700 i7-3840QM 2.80 GHz
16gb ram , NVIDIA Quadro K2000M GPU
Samsung 850 EVO 1tb SSD , 500 gb HDD ,

CLD [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Mar 23, 2007 02:05 Messages: 925 Offline
[Post New]
Hello,

Welcome to the forum. To do this, it looks like you need to first load the audio file into PowerDirector, put it on the timeline, and then click Edit Audio > AudioDirector.

Add all the timeline markers as needed in AudioDirector and then click the Back button to return to PowerDirector. The timeline markers will now be available for editing. It is just a different procedure for editing the way you want, and hopefully you can adjust to it.

Also, don't forget to right click on the PowerDirector timeline and select "Show Clip Marker Track", so you can see the timeline markers.

Let me know if you have any questions.

David
Peter Podder
Member Location: Long Island, N.Y. Joined: Dec 03, 2016 16:13 Messages: 116 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Hello,

Welcome to the forum. To do this, it looks like you need to first load the audio file into PowerDirector, put it on the timeline, and then click Edit Audio > AudioDirector.

Add all the timeline markers as needed in AudioDirector and then click the Back button to return to PowerDirector. The timeline markers will now be available for editing. It is just a different procedure for editing the way you want, and hopefully you can adjust to it.

Also, don't forget to right click on the PowerDirector timeline and select "Show Clip Marker Track", so you can see the timeline markers.

David

Thank you David,

I originally did load the audio int PDR and then added markers in ADR just as you suggested, however I had the timeline view shifted too far to the left and didnt even see the tabs for the tracks. Its odd that the timeline view hides these.

I am not sure my approach is the right one for what I am trying to do but trial and error keeps me occupied

Anyway your response prompted me to look more carefully and uncover this.

Thank you ! ____________________________________

Dell Precision M4700 i7-3840QM 2.80 GHz
16gb ram , NVIDIA Quadro K2000M GPU
Samsung 850 EVO 1tb SSD , 500 gb HDD ,

CyberGrace111 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 18, 2012 12:36 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Hi

Does anyone know if this can be done in v13?

Quote Hello,

David
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Did you try it? Almost all of the info needed is here, and the only different step for PD13 is the name of the track you need to enable after coming back from making the edits in AudioDirector, which is the Music Beat Track:

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°
CyberGrace111 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 18, 2012 12:36 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks. Didn't twig that it was the music beat track.

Debbie

Quote Did you try it? Almost all of the info needed is here, and the only different step for PD13 is the name of the track you need to enable after coming back from making the edits in AudioDirector, which is the Music Beat Track: