Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Where is Muzerk (free music tracks) that should come with PD 15 Ultimate?
Polycloud [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 28, 2012 14:50 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
I bought the Ultimate edition from the online download, and it says:

15 Music Tracks & Sound Effects from Muserk, Download

However, on my email download I don't see anything referring to Muzerk. Where can I get it?

Also, is there any SmartSound that comes with PD15? Or how else are people getting "fitted" music for their videos?
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
For me there was a download link to the free music tracks of Muzerk in the email as shown in the attached pic.

As far as SmartSound, no longer included with PD15, only available if you had it from a prior PD installation on the same computer. https://www.cyberlink.com/support/product-faq-content.do?id=19351&prodId=4&prodVerId=1248&CategoryId=-1&keyword=smartsound

Jeff
[Thumb - PD15_content.PNG]
 Filename
PD15_content.PNG
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
20 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
61 time(s)
Polycloud [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 28, 2012 14:50 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
Thank you Jeff. The email I got doesn't have the Muzerk download, unlike yours. I think they bundle the packages differently depending on which link you use to buy PD15. I did find out that you can still download the SmartSound installer and I verified it does indeed still work with PD15:

http://www.smartsound.com/support/updates?product=cyberlink

What does anyone else use for background music? Are there really good free and royalty-free sources online I should know about?
Richmond Dan
Senior Contributor Location: Richmond, VA Joined: Aug 07, 2014 17:17 Messages: 673 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Thank you Jeff. The email I got doesn't have the Muzerk download, unlike yours. I think they bundle the packages differently depending on which link you use to buy PD15. I did find out that you can still download the SmartSound installer and I verified it does indeed still work with PD15:

http://www.smartsound.com/support/updates?product=cyberlink

What does anyone else use for background music? Are there really good free and royalty-free sources online I should know about?

Try these, for starters!

http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/47162.page Regards,
Dan
Power Director 21-Ultimate
v 21.0.3111.0
XPS-8940, Win-10 64-bit,
Intel Core i9-10900 processor
(10 core, 20M Cache),
32GB DDR4 RAM, 2TB M.2 PCIe NVME SSD, 2TB 7200 RPM SATA HDD,
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 SUPER 8GB GDDR6
GollyRojer
Newbie Location: Dallas TX Joined: May 05, 2016 14:10 Messages: 13 Offline
[Post New]
Quote For me there was a download link to the free music tracks of Muzerk in the email as shown in the attached pic.
Jeff

What did you do with them after downloading? I got them in a zip file with zip for instructions.
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
Try this: In windows explorer right mouse click on the zipped file and select extract all and follow instructions to put it whatever folder.
GollyRojer
Newbie Location: Dallas TX Joined: May 05, 2016 14:10 Messages: 13 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Try this: In windows explorer right mouse click on the zipped file and select extract all and follow instructions to put it whatever folder.

I wasn't clear enough. I'm sorry. I've been unzipping zip files since you had to do it with the PKZip utility. My question was supposed to be, "What do I do with the mp3 files so that PowerDirector knows where they are?" I was asking under the assumption that they were going to be accessed from inside the program, like SmartSound. Apparently not.
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
They are not part of a PD15 installation like integrated with smartsound in the earlier versions of PD. They can be placed in your music library folder or wherever you can remember like in a subfolder.