Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Same method, different results for fade cuts
BJ2727 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 18, 2017 10:35 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
So I'm putting together a video blog series, and I've been using fade cuts for my transitions. I noticed while working with my third video that the fade cut seems to do something totally different than it did before.

So on my previous video (and on one of the current video's cuts) it would be a true fade transition. It would fade out almost to black and back in with the new clip. For some reason, using the same mechanic, I get a different result on other cuts. It looks almost like a dissolve between the two clips with no fade out or in.

Any idea why this is going on?

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Jan 18. 2017 10:48

Fenman
Senior Contributor Location: Cambridge, UK Joined: Nov 24, 2011 04:44 Messages: 731 Offline
[Post New]
Hi BJ, welcome to the forum.

What is the name of the transition you're using? If it's the 'Fade' then the normal behaviour would be to give a dissolve effect if it is placed over the boundary between two clips. To get a fade-through-black using that same transition normally requires that one is placed at the end of a clip and a second one at the beginning of the following clip.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 19. 2017 05:42

Regards,
Mike

Home-build system:
Intel Core i5 Quad Core 3.3GHz, 2 x 4GB DDR3 1333MHz,
Asus Nvidia GT440 1GB, 2 x Western Digital WD10EARS 1TB, 1 x Seagate ST1000DM010 1TB,
Windows 7 Prof 64-bit, PD 9 Ultra 64, PD 13 Ultimate 64
The Shadowman
Senior Contributor Location: UK Joined: Dec 15, 2014 13:06 Messages: 1831 Offline
[Post New]
Quote So I'm putting together a video blog series, and I've been using fade cuts for my transitions. I noticed while working with my third video that the fade cut seems to do something totally different than it did before.

So on my previous video (and on one of the current video's cuts) it would be a true fade transition. It would fade out almost to black and back in with the new clip. For some reason, using the same mechanic, I get a different result on other cuts. It looks almost like a dissolve between the two clips with no fade out or in.

Any idea why this is going on?

Hi

Have a look here. I think it will help you. http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/43584.page at least to see the different ways to add a transition

Robert

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 19. 2017 10:56

Panny TM10, GH2, GH4,
CS2014
Senior Contributor Location: USA-Eastern Time Zone Joined: Sep 16, 2014 16:44 Messages: 629 Offline
[Post New]
Mike - Robert - is BJ2727 describing the difference between the fade transition's 'overlap' versus 'cross' mode of operation?

I could see that maybe somehow a fade is set up one way and then the other in the same project.

CS PD13 Ultimate - Build 3516, WIN 8.1, 64 Bit, 16G RAM, Intel Core i5 4460, CPU @ 3.2GHz, NVIDIA GeForce GT720, Graphics Memory(total avail.)-4093MB
LG WH14NS40 Blu-Ray Drive
Soyini [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 05, 2016 14:28 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
My (cross) fade also changed which is very annoying. It used to be a seamless transition last week (looked almost like continuous film). Now it goes black between the clips (if I put it at the start / end of a clip). If I put it across both then it blurs the image which is also not what I want. How can I get the original behavior back and saved in my preferences? Grrrr. It works sort of if I set the duration to the minimum (I can make the blur less noticeable) but then I can't do longer transitions. Why would the mess with the most basic and necessary of transitions??

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 23. 2017 01:25

[Post New]
Hi all,

Is this resolved since ? I just tried to add fade (cross) to my clip BUT I can drag it left cross or right, but as soon as i let it go it will jump left or right. NO CROSS fade... Am i doing it wrong or there is something i haven't seen yet ?

Thanks