Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Colors off -washed or bleached out.
Justwondering??? [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 16, 2017 18:04 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Using Power Director 14 since Aug. Very Happy with it, no problems. Was making Christmas family video the other day. Edit-Produced and Created Disc. Played disc later in computer and DVD player and noticed my video colors are off-somewhat bleached out on video whole video. Never had this happen before. I uninstalled Power Director 14 on my computer and then reinstalled it again. Didn't help. Problem still there. I tried editing different video I had from thanksgiving, which came out fine last time. But when I did 2 minute clip Edit-Produced-Created Disc, it had the same color bleach out on video. I also added some still photo's on the clip and the color is bleached on them too! I'm confused as to why? Reinstalling the program to its orginal state should have solved any problems with it. Got any suggestions, how to fix this? Everything looks fine when I edit, but when I create disc, I have the problem????
CS2014
Senior Contributor Location: USA-Eastern Time Zone Joined: Sep 16, 2014 16:44 Messages: 629 Offline
[Post New]
Do you know how to adjust color - brightness - contrast in the timeline? When you have material in the timeline you can 'Fix/Enhance' ... at least in PD13 I can. Does PD 14 still have that feature?

As far as why this has happen I do not know.

CS PD13 Ultimate - Build 3516, WIN 8.1, 64 Bit, 16G RAM, Intel Core i5 4460, CPU @ 3.2GHz, NVIDIA GeForce GT720, Graphics Memory(total avail.)-4093MB
LG WH14NS40 Blu-Ray Drive
The Shadowman
Senior Contributor Location: UK Joined: Dec 15, 2014 13:06 Messages: 1831 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Do you know how to adjust color - brightness - contrast in the timeline? When you have material in the timeline you can 'Fix/Enhance' ... at least in PD13 I can. Does PD 14 still have that feature?

As far as why this has happen I do not know.

CS

CS

If I have read justwondering correctly, his problem is after the timeline stage and somewhere in create disc area. Panny TM10, GH2, GH4,
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
Is it possible that you made changes either in the preferences or in the final burn window that you didn’t do previously…

You might have checked Enable xv color when you don’t have such material in the timeline or checked Enable hardware encoding that wasn’t checked before.
CS2014
Senior Contributor Location: USA-Eastern Time Zone Joined: Sep 16, 2014 16:44 Messages: 629 Offline
[Post New]
I didn't know if, even though his problem might be in the create disc area, a 'work around' would be to 'over-adjust' to compensate for what was/is happening.

This is why I mentioned the fix/enhance Shadowman. It certainly isn't a great solution but might have helped - but I can see that not being able to view in the timeline just how the final product/project is going to look on a burn to a DVD is certainly a big problem.

CS PD13 Ultimate - Build 3516, WIN 8.1, 64 Bit, 16G RAM, Intel Core i5 4460, CPU @ 3.2GHz, NVIDIA GeForce GT720, Graphics Memory(total avail.)-4093MB
ThomasPD01 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 11, 2017 06:10 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I didn't know if, even though his problem might be in the create disc area, a 'work around' would be to 'over-adjust' to compensate for what was/is happening.

This is why I mentioned the fix/enhance Shadowman. It certainly isn't a great solution but might have helped - but I can see that not being able to view in the timeline just how the final product/project is going to look on a burn to a DVD is certainly a big problem.

CS

Did you get a proper resolution to this issue?

I have just brunt a DVD and its has a green tint covering it when played back on TV/DVD,.

anyone any ideas how to fix,. real problem
CS2014
[Post New]
Start a new thread Thomas as this thread is about a slightly different issue. You'll get more response I think if you do this.