Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
simple fad out for video file to photo
HVF [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 12, 2017 18:03 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
I'm relatively new to Power Director and so far like the program.

I'm working on a small project that will have JPG photos and short video clips. I can fade the video clip over the photo when the video starts, but I can't figure out how to fade back to the photos. It make sharp cut to the photo beside the video clip. I have tried looking on line and didn't find any help. I do have a color video background running throughout all the project. I tried using a black color board between the video and the jpg but then it goes the moving background between the video and the jpg.

I'm sure this is really easy, but I just can't find the answer.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Harvey
CS2014
Senior Contributor Location: USA-Eastern Time Zone Joined: Sep 16, 2014 16:44 Messages: 629 Offline
[Post New]
"but I can't figure out how to fade back to the photos."

How about just putting the same photo or whatever photo you want to 'fade' IN TO.... on a track overlapping the video... and fade the video out (in whatever track its on) and picture in (on the track the pic is in)?? Does that make any sense?

Maybe a picture of your timeline would help us understand what you are trying to explain?(then attach the pic in here or as an attachment works too)

CS PD13 Ultimate - Build 3516, WIN 8.1, 64 Bit, 16G RAM, Intel Core i5 4460, CPU @ 3.2GHz, NVIDIA GeForce GT720, Graphics Memory(total avail.)-4093MB
LG WH14NS40 Blu-Ray Drive
HVF [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote "but I can't figure out how to fade back to the photos."

How about just putting the same photo or whatever photo you want to 'fade' IN TO.... on a track overlapping the video... and fade the video out (in whatever track its on) and picture in (on the track the pic is in)?? Does that make any sense?

Maybe a picture of your timeline would help us understand what you are trying to explain?(then attach the pic in here or as an attachment works too)

CS

Thanks for your response. I guess the problem is I don't know how to fade a video out. I have tried googleing for a solution, but have not found it yet. I also looked at some of on line video training. I'm sure it must be simple, just haven't figured it out yet. I have been using Sony's Movie Studio 12 Platinum and it was very easy to do fade in that program. I stopped using it because it crashes all the time. So far I'm very happy with Power Director.

I really need a step by step to under stand how to do this.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Harvey
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I'm relatively new to Power Director and so far like the program.I'm sure this is really easy, but I just can't find the answer.Thanks in advance for any help.Harvey

This is so confusing to others who want to help. CS2014 has the right answer. I believe you inadvertently created a postfix fade transition instead and think just placing a transition is okay.

Prefix transition is fade from black.

Postfix transition is fade to black.

See this video at 1:39 and at 3:47 to show the effect of a postfix transition which is what you described as happening and you don't want: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vG400WMMCcE . You don’t want to do any of that.

Let us know if the video help you...

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 13. 2017 21:48

surfer10k [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 20, 2013 01:46 Messages: 7 Offline
[Post New]
For a simple fade in or fade out.

Double click on the clip that you want to eg fade out.

You get the Designer window.

Expand the "Fades" menu.

Checkmark the "Fades" menu.

Check your choices of Fade in and/or out.

Done
HVF [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote For a simple fade in or fade out.

Double click on the clip that you want to eg fade out.

You get the Designer window.

Expand the "Fades" menu.

Checkmark the "Fades" menu.

Check your choices of Fade in and/or out.

Done

Thank you!,I knew there must be a simple way. I'm still learning the program.

I apprecite your help

Harvey
CS2014
Senior Contributor Location: USA-Eastern Time Zone Joined: Sep 16, 2014 16:44 Messages: 629 Offline
[Post New]
Did you get it to work alright? If you haven't do not be afraid to keep asking us as we'll do what we can.

But if you got it to work great then. You might want to go back to your FIRST post and edit the subject line and add the word 'Solved' or something like that. This just lets others know that a 'fix' was attained for this issue.

CS PD13 Ultimate - Build 3516, WIN 8.1, 64 Bit, 16G RAM, Intel Core i5 4460, CPU @ 3.2GHz, NVIDIA GeForce GT720, Graphics Memory(total avail.)-4093MB
LG WH14NS40 Blu-Ray Drive
HVF [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Did you get it to work alright? If you haven't do not be afraid to keep asking us as we'll do what we can.

But if you got it to work great then. You might want to go back to your FIRST post and edit the subject line and add the word 'Solved' or something like that. This just lets others know that a 'fix' was attained for this issue.

CS

Yes, it is working. I'm still learning so apprecate the help! I need to spend more time in the tutorials. I know that will help a lot.