Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Slideshow Output Quality
TextMeNow [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 14, 2016 11:19 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
I am making slideshows in PD15 and noticed a significant drop in picture quality/resolution after exporting a slideshow. The images all appear much softer to the point where it is hard to tell who is who. Should I resize the image size and resolution before I make the slidesshow? Is there a "best" or recommended image size/resolution for making slideshows? I also noticed the worst quality when using the slidshow creator versus adding the images to the timeline and inserting my own transitions, although both outputs are poor quality. I am thinking the poor output may come from the way PD is processing (downsizing) the images and combining the animation. I shoot high resolution images, have a high speed computer and have made many video DVDs over the years. I also used PD14 with a little better success. I am exporting using MPEG2 Best-HQ. The DVDs are just not up to par with my other DVDs I burned over the years. Also, when using PD15 and exporting a video slidshow to Facebook the video is totally unrecognizable. I am NOT a facebook export; I just selected "export to Facebook" in PD15. I suspect I am doing something wrong to get the poor image quality. Any suggestions? Thanks!
CS2014
Senior Contributor Location: USA-Eastern Time Zone Joined: Sep 16, 2014 16:44 Messages: 629 Offline
[Post New]
I am probably not the best guy to try to help with this but hopefully those that are will jump in.. please feel free to do so.

What IS the resolution of your original images? If PD is 'downsizing' them, can you either get a mediainfo or properties of the images after they were downsized?

I've imported many images into PD13 (what I'm currently using), and have not had an issue with resolution degradation.

I guess I'd ask you to make sure your outputted or final project is of the resolution that you want to view it at. Also, but I think you may know this, a Standard DVD has limits on what max resolution it will present itself at when viewed.

CS

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 12. 2017 09:39

PD13 Ultimate - Build 3516, WIN 8.1, 64 Bit, 16G RAM, Intel Core i5 4460, CPU @ 3.2GHz, NVIDIA GeForce GT720, Graphics Memory(total avail.)-4093MB
LG WH14NS40 Blu-Ray Drive