Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Action Director - Black Box in center of stitched 360 video? Help Please
Betacam2 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 11, 2017 09:41 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Hello,

I appreciate any help or thoughts on this issue, I can't seem to fix it

I'm using Gera 360 Action Director and when I convert 360 files all of them are stiched with a black box in what seems to be exact center of the video. It's there when "produced" from action director as well. I will attach a screen shot.

This artifact is not on the original footage. When I stich the video together on my phone using the gear 360 app, no artifact is there. I would just do that but I want the files at full res and the gear 360 app downsizes the resolution.

I appreciate any thoughts or help on this. Thanks in advance.

Here's a sample, I've cropped the image to help with uploading and preview. I put the red circle to show the black box.

sample of artifact
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
Unless that is a spot on one of the lenses (needs cleaning) then I would think it is the bottom tripod mount position between the two lenses. You already said that it is not in your original footage.
Betacam2 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 11, 2017 09:41 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Unless that is a spot on one of the lenses (needs cleaning) then I would think it is the bottom tripod mount position between the two lenses. You already said that it is not in your original footage.

Thanks for the post. Unfortunately it's looking straight ahead and not a tripod. I thought it was something on the lens at first to, until I looked at the raw footage and stocked it on my phone.

Capture from phone stitch
lucaleo46 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 18, 2017 11:04 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
I have the same HUGE problem..no solution yet?!
stevek
Senior Contributor Location: Houston, Texas USA Joined: Jan 25, 2011 12:18 Messages: 4663 Offline
[Post New]
Gera 360? I don;t see that when I googled for it.

Upload the stitched 360 image to YouTube so we can see it in the video position. It is unusual that the object is so precice.

lucaleo 46. Do you have the same camcorder?

Do you either have the Power Directrore 14 program which includes Action Director? Have you tried that? Have you tried contactiing "Gera"? It may be specific to their version or camcorder.?

I have the Gear 360 and have not seen that particular type of artifact.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Apr 18. 2017 11:51

BoilerPlate: To posters who ask for help -- it is nice to thank the volunteers who try to answer your questions !
Anything I post unless stated with a reference is my personal opinion.
lucaleo46 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 18, 2017 11:04 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Thank you for the fast answer!

The problem is with Gear 360 and Action director 1, the spot is exactly the same of the previous user.

Actually it was a problem, i've tried to uncheck every accellerating hardwer option on Action Director and now there is no black spot.

Hope it's not just a coincidence!!
Geoff604 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 21, 2017 11:23 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
This problem started happening for me with my Geforce GTX 970 graphics card after I upgraded the video drivers from NVidia to the latest version.

When I rolled back the drivers to the earlier version, the black artifact problem went away.

Before I rolled back to the old version, I tried changing all the settings in the NVidia control panel but they didn't help.

Seems to be a driver issue with the ActionDirector software and the newer NVidia/AMD drivers.
stevek
Senior Contributor Location: Houston, Texas USA Joined: Jan 25, 2011 12:18 Messages: 4663 Offline
[Post New]
From the Samsung Gear 360 web:

Re: Gear 360 Action Director Black box artifact in center of screen Try this.Go to Gear 360 ActionDirector's setting/Preferences -> Editing -> Checked the option of "Automatic Angle Compensation", and save the setting.Then, remove the previously stitched photo or video from Gear 360 ActionDirector's library, re-import the raw (non-stitched) 360 photo to stitch again. .
BoilerPlate: To posters who ask for help -- it is nice to thank the volunteers who try to answer your questions !
Anything I post unless stated with a reference is my personal opinion.
Heather Rose [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 29, 2017 15:42 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Thank you for the fast answer!

The problem is with Gear 360 and Action director 1, the spot is exactly the same of the previous user.

Actually it was a problem, i've tried to uncheck every accellerating hardwer option on Action Director and now there is no black spot.

Hope it's not just a coincidence!!

Did you have to reupload/restitch the video after you unchecked it?
SARANG [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 05, 2018 10:09 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
i stiched 360 images in action director which took by samsung gear 360 camera, but after stiching images changed the centre of the 360 image. when rotate the image ot rotates in another direction, help please

below attach file
[Thumb - 360_0212_Stitch_YHC.JPG]
 Filename
360_0212_Stitch_YHC.JPG
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
6127 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
14 time(s)
EXIF [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Norway Joined: Dec 21, 2018 09:54 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Quote i stiched 360 images in action director which took by samsung gear 360 camera, but after stiching images changed the centre of the 360 image. when rotate the image ot rotates in another direction, help please

below attach file

Solved !!
If you use 360 images from Samsung Gear Action Director, Facebook will show them upside down.
Samsung Gear Action Director output jpg files with wrong Exif data for FB.

To edit EXIF-Data download Exif Pilot freeware here: https://exif-pilot.soft112.com/
1. Open your image
2. Hit the Photosphere TAB
3. Change from «Equirectangular» to «Cylindrical» under «Panorama Projection Type»
4. Click OK
5. Click Close

The image is now ready for Facebook !!!

I have fixed your image for you
Download here: www.elnikk.com/solved.jpg

Try to use Action Director Again. The angel is poor on your image.