Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Installing Director Suite 3 on two computers
ErikJon777 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 26, 2015 17:15 Messages: 23 Offline
[Post New]
Hello, friends.

I bought the Director Suite 3 download version about two years ago, but the computer hard drive that it was saved to went bad, so I had to order replacement DVDs from Cyberlink. (This is the one that includes Power Director 13 for Windows Vista)

I am just now installing it from the DVDs. I had to activate it online.

The first installation went well, and I have used the program for about one hour.

I would like to install it on another computer in my house, of which I am the owner and user, so that I can do other projects on one computer while using Director Suite 3 on the other computer, and viceversa.

1. How can I do that?

Before trying to install the same DVD files on the second computer, I want to be sure first, of this: If I type in the same serial number, I will have to activate it again, on this second computer.

2. What then will happen to my installation on the first computer?

3. Will it stop working?

4. Will it complicate future re-installations on newer computers, whenever the first one goes bad?

Also,

5. is there a limit regarding how many times I can install it on the same computer?

I have five different questions above. Can anyone answer them? Thank you for your time.
James Dotson
Senior Contributor Location: Tennessee Joined: Aug 24, 2009 20:40 Messages: 3066 Offline
[Post New]
The license is for one computer. It may, or may not, activate on a second computer, but we really can't offer any advice. __________________________________
CORNBLOSSOM
ErikJon777 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thank you, James. I am not sure whether that means that you don't know, or that you don't want to say, but thanks for the input, just the same.
ErikJon777 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Does anyone know how to buy an extra license for this older version, Director Suite 3? In other words, I would assume that the price for an extra license to a current user would be less than for a new user buying the product outright. Perhaps that is not so. Otherwise, I may want to buy a license only for Power Director 13 (not 15), and so how would I do that through Cyberlink? Thanks.
vn800rider
Senior Contributor Location: Darwen, UK Joined: May 15, 2008 04:32 Messages: 1949 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,

I'm not sure that retrospective licenses are available, but if you needed to go down this route, you might try looking at Amazon or other marketplaces for an older version, they are often on offer?

Cheers

Adrian Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated. (see below)
Confucius
AMD Phenom IIX6 1055T, win10, 5 internal drives, 7 usb drives, struggling power supply.
ErikJon777 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thank you, Adrian. I was afraid you would say that.