Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Fails to recognize capture device - Power Director 12 Deluxe with Easier Cap device & Win10
[Post New]
In Capture mode get no recognition of my device. On the Capture page the Analog video Icon does not show for selection. Selecting microphone icon (which is visible) does recognize audio capture. My device video is recognized by other programs including OBS Studio and Honestech TVR 2.5. Instruction clip on YouTube shows Easier Cap device working seamlessly with Power Director.

" alt="Screen view with capture icon" id="__mcenew" />

" alt="My screen no analog capture icon" id="__mcenew" />

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 01. 2017 23:20

vn800rider
Senior Contributor Location: Darwen, UK Joined: May 15, 2008 04:32 Messages: 1949 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,

I have a easiercap with Win 10.

It works OK with :

PD12 Ultra 12.0.2109.0

PD13 Ultimate 13.0.2907.1

PD14 Ultimate 14.0.2416.0

PD15 Ultimate 15.0.2309.0

I can't recall any major issues with installing it, and I've just loaded PD12 back on to test and it picked it up straight away.

Cheers

Adrian Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated. (see below)
Confucius
AMD Phenom IIX6 1055T, win10, 5 internal drives, 7 usb drives, struggling power supply.
BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
Did you try different usb ports? HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Nvidia GTX 960(4GB)/16GB DDR3/
Canon Vixia HV30/HF-M40/HF-M41/HF-G20/Olympus E-PL5.
Tape capture using 6 VCR, TBC-1000, Elite BVP4+, Sony D8 camcorder with TBC.
https://www.facebook.com/BarryAFTT
[Post New]
Thanks for responding Adrian.

I think maybe my problem is that I have a watered down version of PD 12. Clicking my logo shows 64 bit PD 12 DE (deluxe?). It was included with my HP computer I bought a year ago. If you look at my picture of my own screen In capture mode I only have 6 icons on top. 1. DV Camcoreder 2. HDV Camcorder 3. Webcam 4. Microphone 5.CD 6. External or Optical device.

I noticed in the YouTube still picture that I show, there are 8 icons on top. I do not get a seperate Video analog TV Icon. Does this icon only pop up if you have a device plugged in such as I have or is it always visible on top?

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Jan 03. 2017 00:57

[Post New]
Quote Did you try different usb ports?

Thanks Barry

Yes I did. Thinking maybe my version just doesn't have this option.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Jan 03. 2017 00:44

[Post New]
Quote Hi,

I can't recall any major issues with installing it, and I've just loaded PD12 back on to test and it picked it up straight away.

Cheers

Adrian

Do you have 8 icons on top always visible when you go to Capture Mode in PD12?

Thank You Much - Karl K.
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Do you have 8 icons on top always visible when you go to Capture Mode in PD12?

Each of the 8 icons are grayed out but visible in my PD12 if there is no input for it. White show if there is a signal. Blue shows after you click on a white icon and it becomes active.
[Post New]
Karjak, did you ever get to the bottom of this? I have Version 12 LE and an Easycap, but I only see 6 icons. I have not managed to get PD to edit video captured by the Easycap software (another post) -- and now I can't get PD working directly with the capture device. Not quite ready to spend the money on a paid version whilst the trial one doesn't work.

I think maybe my problem is that I have a watered down version of PD 12. Clicking my logo shows 64 bit PD 12 DE (deluxe?). It was included with my HP computer I bought a year ago. If you look at my picture of my own screen In capture mode I only have 6 icons on top. 1. DV Camcoreder 2. HDV Camcorder 3. Webcam 4. Microphone 5.CD 6. External or Optical device.

I noticed in the YouTube still picture that I show, there are 8 icons on top. I do not get a seperate Video analog TV Icon. Does this icon only pop up if you have a device plugged in such as I have or is it always visible on top?
Neil.F.1955 [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Mar 07, 2012 09:15 Messages: 1303 Offline
[Post New]
Devices like these, intended to capture from analogue video sources(video decks, VHS or Beta) or older cam-corders(Video-8, Hi-8 or VHS-C) are generally "plug-and-play" when you hook them up and give your computer a few seconds to "recognise" them. The issue may not be with the computer, but might possibly lie within the circuitry of the capture device itself which might be stopping PD12 or even later versions of Power Director to recognise the signal coming in via this device. That's my guess.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Feb 27. 2017 07:03

[Post New]
Quote Devices like these, intended to capture from analogue video sources(video decks, VHS or Beta) or older cam-corders(Video-8, Hi-8 or VHS-C) are generally "plug-and-play" when you hook them up and give your computer a few seconds to "recognise" them. The issue may not be with the computer, but might possibly lie within the circuitry of the capture device itself which might be stopping PD12 or even later versions of Power Director to recognise the signal coming in via this device. That's my guess.

Curious that Windows seems to recognise the device, and a couple of other applications too. Using PD for the whole process would seem like the correct approach. I suspect that by design, my "trial" software won't work with devices like these. I am wondering why that would be.

Meantime I have found one mode (MP4, in very low res) that the Easycap software can capture in, and PD can read and edit. But less than ideal...so far.
Neil.F.1955 [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Mar 07, 2012 09:15 Messages: 1303 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Devices like these, intended to capture from analogue video sources(video decks, VHS or Beta) or older cam-corders(Video-8, Hi-8 or VHS-C) are generally "plug-and-play" when you hook them up and give your computer a few seconds to "recognise" them. The issue may not be with the computer, but might possibly lie within the circuitry of the capture device itself which might be stopping PD12 or even later versions of Power Director to recognise the signal coming in via this device. That's my guess.

Curious that Windows seems to recognise the device, and a couple of other applications too. Using PD for the whole process would seem like the correct approach. I suspect that by design, my "trial" software won't work with devices like these. I am wondering why that would be.

Meantime I have found one mode (MP4, in very low res) that the Easycap software can capture in, and PD can read and edit. But less than ideal...so far.

I thik you may have answered your own question when you said your Power Director was "trial" software. As is often the case, trial versions of software, as well as having a limited use time of 30 days for "evaluation" purposes, also have many of their advertised features disabled. Recognition of your capture device may well be one of those features disabled due to the "trial" status of the software. Upon activation to become permanent software, your capture card may function as intended. Good luck.
[Post New]
Quote Karjak, did you ever get to the bottom of this? I have Version 12 LE and an Easycap, but I only see 6 icons. I have not managed to get PD to edit video captured by the Easycap software (another post) -- and now I can't get PD working directly with the capture device. Not quite ready to spend the money on a paid version whilst the trial one doesn't work.

Yes the PD12 DE is not Deluxe but a watered down version preinstalled on my new HP computer. So I don't have all the functions. What irks me is that if they give you a program with limited functions, they should make make sure one is given a comparison chart to see which functions are available/not available. I think they do have such a chart one can see on their website for the PD12 LE version. Instead of DE standing for Deluxe, it stands for Dumb n Empty.It would have been nice to capture and edit directly, but have learned not available. I can do as you do.
vasque [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 27, 2020 00:29 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
I have just purchased "kworld Video Editing DVD Maker 2" and was assured that I could digitise a video from my old Canon UC-V20HiE camcorder to my computer.

However, that camcorder icon is shaded grey and not available for selection. This seems to be a common problem after reading other comments.

Please advise how I can fix this problem.
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
vasque - It is the Analog TV capture button that needs to be highlighted and clicked. The camcorder button is not available and not to be used for your particular camcorder.