Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
how do you cleanup audio
georgesz99 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 31, 2015 11:40 Messages: 44 Offline
[Post New]
Hi

I did think in the pasr I had some tools to remove noise and enhance audio but cannot find them in PD15 and certainly cannot afford audiodirector...

I have been using Capture inPD15 but the sound quality from my Surface pro is picking up some crackling... only a little bit... so how do i filter this out please

also the processor sometimes overheats and the fan kicks in... if Im recording voiceover when editing it picks up the noise of the fan... how do i avoid this please..

thanks

george
Richmond Dan
Senior Contributor Location: Richmond, VA Joined: Aug 07, 2014 17:17 Messages: 673 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Hi

I did think in the pasr I had some tools to remove noise and enhance audio but cannot find them in PD15 and certainly cannot afford audiodirector...

I have been using Capture inPD15 but the sound quality from my Surface pro is picking up some crackling... only a little bit... so how do i filter this out please

also the processor sometimes overheats and the fan kicks in... if Im recording voiceover when editing it picks up the noise of the fan... how do i avoid this please..

thanks

george

Many on this site who don't have Audio Director use the free download of Audacity, available here:

<a>http://www.audacityteam.org/download/windows/</a>

I like it because it is fairly intuitive and has good help available (in fact, the help window opens when you open the software). Regards,
Dan
Power Director 21-Ultimate
v 21.0.3111.0
XPS-8940, Win-10 64-bit,
Intel Core i9-10900 processor
(10 core, 20M Cache),
32GB DDR4 RAM, 2TB M.2 PCIe NVME SSD, 2TB 7200 RPM SATA HDD,
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 SUPER 8GB GDDR6
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
Highlight the clip that has the noise problem. You can then use WaveEditor in Edit Audio or Audio Denoise in Fix/Enhance to reduce the audio noise.
georgesz99 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Hi

thanks

george

Many on this site who don't have Audio Director use the free download of Audacity, available here:

<a>http://www.audacityteam.org/download/windows/</a>

I like it because it is fairly intuitive and has good help available (in fact, the help window opens when you open the software).

thanks dan appreciate it...
georgesz99 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Highlight the clip that has the noise problem. You can then use WaveEditor in Edit Audio or Audio Denoise in Fix/Enhance to reduce the audio noise.

tomasc ...couldnt find audio denoise or fix enhance ... but the wave editor is the one i sed and referred to so that was cool ... thanks
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Audio Denoise location

Jeff
[Thumb - PD15_AudioDenoise.png]
 Filename
PD15_AudioDenoise.png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
613 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
28 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Dec 31. 2016 08:45

[Post New]
Have you checked that your audio level isnt too high? Try reducing the level in Power Director and see if it makes a difference. Intel i7-4790 CPU @ 3.60GHz, Windows 8.1 Pro, 64 bit, 16Gb RAM, Roland Octa-Capture audio, Sony HVR V1P Video Camera
georgesz99 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Audio Denoise location

Jeff

thanks very much
georgesz99 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Have you checked that your audio level isnt too high? Try reducing the level in Power Director and see if it makes a difference.

yes it was set at max...