Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Power2Go Blue-ray burn
ThomasJohn [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 28, 2016 20:32 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
I have an external LG Blue-ray writer. I am running windows 10. When I attempt to burn a Blue-ray disc, the default drive within the General tab is the built in DVD drive in my computer. There is no apparent way to change this to my external Blue-ray drive. How do I change this?
sumerJ [Avatar]
Contributor Joined: Nov 28, 2013 05:37 Messages: 377 Offline
[Post New]
Depends on you want to burn data/music/videoDVD or copy disc. the place of select writer is different.

You can check help file.
[Post New]
Make sure Win10 reconize it first then it will appear in the drop down.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Jan 28. 2017 11:09

CyberDiji
WillChill58 [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Northern Hemisphere Joined: Dec 10, 2012 22:00 Messages: 13 Offline
[Post New]
On the subject of Power2Go11 I'm having error ec0040006 when attemptiing to burn videos to a 50GB BD-R disk. It gets about 40% into the authorization-building phase when it suddenly gives up and puts this error as the reason it can't complete. I've done searches on the error alone and can't find anything. I'll ask here on the off chance someone knows what this is. Thanks in advance if you can shine light on this circumstance. Meanwhile, I'm going to give it another go with less data and see if that helps. thanks, Rob
stevek
Senior Contributor Location: Houston, Texas USA Joined: Jan 25, 2011 12:18 Messages: 4663 Offline
[Post New]
WillCill58. Please start your own thread sionce your issue has nothing to do with the origial poster's issue. Delete the contents of your post.

I searched Google for this error and found a couple of post in the Cyberlink's forum (relating to burn speed). Please try those and f they don't work, put that infomration in your NEW thread. .
BoilerPlate: To posters who ask for help -- it is nice to thank the volunteers who try to answer your questions !
Anything I post unless stated with a reference is my personal opinion.
WillChill58 [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Northern Hemisphere Joined: Dec 10, 2012 22:00 Messages: 13 Offline
[Post New]
Quote WillCill58. Please start your own thread sionce your issue has nothing to do with the origial poster's issue. Delete the contents of your post.

I searched Google for this error and found a couple of post in the Cyberlink's forum (relating to burn speed). Please try those and f they don't work, put that infomration in your NEW thread.

Excuse me. At the time of this posting this was the only thread that had the subject power2go11. This is the root topic and entering my question has everything to do with power2go11. It seems the OP has been answered and therefore this thread is not bumped. In fact by posing my question here it is organized to be found. Just as you have done.

Therefore, please delete your reply to me because it is not pertinent to my question. I know you volunteer and it's thankless, however please review the terms of use for the forum regarding apprpopriate behavior in answers. If you can't be helpful just admit it. It' not necessary to attack the questioner. My question has a purpose and I will not delete this post. However, since your answer has nothing to do with the topic here, you may delete what ever may wrinkle your path. Robert W. House Cyberlink member September 2006-present ps Please don't answer after searching google. That's the obvious first place people look. They come here when google does not have the answer. Good Day

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Feb 01. 2017 15:19

stevek
Senior Contributor Location: Houston, Texas USA Joined: Jan 25, 2011 12:18 Messages: 4663 Offline
[Post New]
WillChill --- Chill

I'm sorry if I offended you !

I asked you to start your own thread and not to hijack someone else's thread. I guess that I should have told you how to start a new thread with an appropriate title (regardless of the version).

I fail to see how burning to a (standard) blu ray is equivalemt to burning to a 50G BR idsc. The original poster did not indicate that he was getting any burn errror. As a matter of fact the main question was how he could change the target drive for his burn.

You can leave your posts here but I believe you would have had a better response if you had started your own thread with an appropriate title. Note that your posts have been on the forum for several days and no one has responded to it.

I was only trying to help. Perhaps a tech service question to Cyberlink would give you an answer to your liking. .
BoilerPlate: To posters who ask for help -- it is nice to thank the volunteers who try to answer your questions !
Anything I post unless stated with a reference is my personal opinion.