Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Director Suite 5 Live | Updates & Upgrades
[Post New]
I purchased Director Suite 5 Live subscription assuming that Live subscribers shall always have the latest and up-to-date versions than perpetual license holders.

Perpetual license gets periodic update patches. But how do you get those patches for Live suscription applications ? Is it automatically handled by CAM ? I don't think so.

I say this because there is this latest update available for ColorDirector 5 to build 5911.
Note: This patch is not for ColorDirector Live subscribers, OEM versions, or versions purchased via Steam. !!
And the application manager doesn't show any update for live version whatsoever corresponding to that patch for perpetual license.
Live version is stuck at build 5623. And it has been over 2 weeks since that latest patch was released.

One more doubt I have regarding the live version is that, during the subscription period, do you get the version upgrade for free via application manager ? Say, we know PD16 must be around the corner and present Director Suite 5 Live has PD15 included. So do you get to to upgrade to PD16 for free as long as your subscripton is active.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Dec 21. 2016 01:52

My Rig :
Intel Core i7-3770 CPU @ 3.40GHz
16.0 GB Dual-Channel DDR3 RAM @ 800 MHz
2.0 GB NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M
Intel H77 Chipset | Realtek HD Audio
Samsung SSD 840EVO 250 GB
Windows 10 Home (x64)
GeForce Drivers v.376.33 WHQL
Director Suite 5 Live
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi StanLeo -

I'm not a LIVE user, but my understanding is that - when you're signed into your CL account, your CAM (Application Manager) should show any available updates for your software.

Ah - http://www.cyberlink.com/support/faq-content.do?id=16749

Are you not receiving that sort of notification through the Application Manager?

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
[Post New]
No.

I say this because there is this latest update available for ColorDirector 5 to build 5911 for for perpetual license.

http://www.cyberlink.com/support/colordirector/patches_en_US.html

On download page it says this:
Note: This patch is not for ColorDirector Live subscribers, OEM versions, or versions purchased via Steam.

Live version is at build 5623. But the application manager doesn't show any update for live version whatsoever corresponding to this update for perpetual license version. And it has been over 2 weeks since that latest update was released. My Rig :
Windows 10 Home (x64)
Director Suite 5 Live
[Post New]
Quote Hi StanLeo -

I'm not a LIVE user, but my understanding is that - when you're signed into your CL account, your CAM (Application Manager) should show any available updates for your software.

Ah - http://www.cyberlink.com/support/faq-content.do?id=16749

Are you not receiving that sort of notification through the Application Manager?

Cheers - Tony

No. Check the post above this. My Rig :
Windows 10 Home (x64)
Director Suite 5 Live
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
You get updates by running Cyberlink Application Manager, click on the Update Tab. Any update available for any of the Suite 5 package will be there if there are any updates. Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
My Colordirector says there is an update within the UI, but AppMan does not, but still lists a wedding package to download even though it is installed. HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Nvidia GTX 960(4GB)/16GB DDR3/
Canon Vixia HV30/HF-M40/HF-M41/HF-G20/Olympus E-PL5.
Tape capture using 6 VCR, TBC-1000, Elite BVP4+, Sony D8 camcorder with TBC.
https://www.facebook.com/BarryAFTT
[Post New]
Quote You get updates by running Cyberlink Application Manager, click on the Update Tab. Any update available for any of the Suite 5 package will be there if there are any updates.

Yes, you are right and that is how it is supposed to happen. But unfortunately it is not. I gave you proof for that in the case of ColorDirector. And @BarryTheCrab too seems to be be confirming the same problem. My Rig :
Windows 10 Home (x64)
Director Suite 5 Live
[Post New]
Quote My Colordirector says there is an update within the UI, but AppMan does not, but still lists a wedding package to download even though it is installed.
Thanks for confirming. I am also having the same situation. ColorDirector reports an available update and it is really available too on the CyberLink Website. But if you click on the notification inside CD5, then CAM opens up and shows that there is no update available.

Apart from that, I am having technical issue with the Menu Bar of PhotoDirector8. When I click the Menu Bar (File|Edit|Photo|View|Help), no menu is opening up. Also, the application is laggy in general. I have other softwares like PowerDirector, Color Director and AudioDirector too installed as a part of the Director Suite Live edition. Those applications are snappy and runs just fine. So it is a program specific bug in PhD8. My Rig :
Windows 10 Home (x64)
Director Suite 5 Live
PowerDirector Moderator [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: New Taipei City, Taiwan Joined: Oct 18, 2016 00:25 Messages: 2104 Offline
[Post New]
Hello StanLeo,

Yes the latest patch updates for Live subscribers will be available on the Update Program tab in CyberLink Application Manager (CAM) when you launch it. Also, when a new version of the software comes out, for example PowerDirector 15 to 16 as you mentioned, it will also be available through CAM.

The reason you did not get the ColorDirector update was because there was a bug on the server, and you bringing it up here brought it to CyberLink's attention.

It is now fixed and you can go download and install the update.

Thank you for inquiring.

Cheers

PowerDirector Moderator

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Dec 22. 2016 19:38

For customer support related issues, please contact:
- Customer service: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/customer-services.do
- Technical support: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/service/technical-support.do
[Post New]
Quote Hello StanLeo,
The reason you did not get the ColorDirector update was because there was a bug on the server, and you bringing it up here brought it to CyberLink's attention.

PowerDirector Moderator

I am glad to have been a part of the bug fixing process. cool
What is the latest version of CyberLink Wave Editor available which is a part of the Director Suite?
I have v.2.0.0.5620 but I see that the latest version is v2.0.8205.0 as reported by a software update monitoring app.
CAM doesn't check for updates except for the main four programs (PD, CD, AD, PhD).
Could you please check this aspect too? Was this update also missed out ? My Rig :
Windows 10 Home (x64)
Director Suite 5 Live
CLD [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Mar 23, 2007 02:05 Messages: 925 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,

There are no updates for WaveEditor, as you can see below. The last version (2.0) was released in 2011 I believe:

http://www.cyberlink.com/stat/edms/english/supportpage/product-update.jsp?utm_expid=5598521-162.dkLUNosESVSrn519ARmQhw.1&locale=en_US&utm_referrer=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.cyberlink.com%2Findex_en_US.html%3Fr%3D1

You have AudioDirector 7 (which is essentially WaveEditor 7 as it is the same program) so I should not worry about it too much.

David
[Post New]
Quote Hello StanLeo,

Yes the latest patch updates for Live subscribers will be available on the Update Program tab in CyberLink Application Manager (CAM) when you launch it. Also, when a new version of the software comes out, for example PowerDirector 15 to 16 as you mentioned, it will also be available through CAM.

Thank you for inquiring.

Cheers

PowerDirector Moderator

There seems to be a bug in the update server once again.

PhotoDirector 8 (Windows) build 3019 is not yet available for Live subscribers.

It was made available to retail subscribers on 2017-06-28.

Please check the issue with your technical team. My Rig :
Windows 10 Home (x64)
Director Suite 5 Live