Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
please uninstall the first
Jason [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 26, 2008 22:58 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
i can't install my recently purchased download PD7 Ultra. i had a trial version. but i uninstalled it. i deleted the program file and registry file. still everytime i try to install my downloaded PD7 i get this message: "CyberLink PowerDirector was detected on your system. Please uninstall first. Do you want to uninstall Cyberlink powerdirector now. no matter what i click yes/no nothing happens. i have Vista.
why won't this install?

jason

Chris [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 17, 2008 08:45 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
Are you running 64bit? If so support had me do some registry edits to remove it.

"Thank you for contacting CyberLink Online Customer Support.

We understand your concern related with downloading PowerDirector 7.0.

We request you to please follow the steps given below to uninstall the PowerDirector and then reinstall:

NOTE : "Please follow the steps given below in exact order and it is strictly mandatory."

1. Restart the computer.

2. After that install “Microsoft cleanup tool” and clean PowerDirector installation information:-

For that follow the steps:-

Install Microsoft cleanup tool and execute from "Start\all programs\WindowsInstaller Cleanup" To check if PowerDirector is on product list, If you can see PowerDirector in product list. Select PowerDirector and click "Remove" button to clean up PowerDirector.

Please download the “Microsoft cleanup tool “ using the link below :

http://download.microsoft.com/download/e/9/d/e9d80355-7ab4-45b8-80e8-983a48d5e1bd/msicuu2.exe

3. Now remove PowerDirector folder and clean up PowerDirector Registry

For that follow the below mentioned steps:-

1. Remove "C:\Program Files(x86)\CyberLink\PowerDirector"

2. Remove "C:\Program Files\InstallShield Installation Information\{CB099890-1D5F-11D5-9EA9-0050BAE317E1}" folder

Please note that this directory is a hidden directory. So, first select 'Show hidden files and folder' option from 'Folder option' and then delete that folder.

For that follow the steps:-

Open 'Control Panel' --> open 'Folder Options' --> click 'View' tab --> select 'Show hidden files and folder' --> click 'OK'.

Now delete the following folder:

c) Run regedit (Start --> Search--> Run --> type "regedit")

(1) Remove "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\
SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\CyberLink\PowerDirector"

(2) Remove "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\
SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\{CB099890-1D5F-11D5-9EA9-0050BAE317E1}"

(3) Remove "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\
SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\InstallShield Uninstall Information\{CB099890-1D5F-11D5-9EA9-0050BAE317E1}"

(4) Remove "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\
SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\InstallShield_{CB099890-1D5F-11D5-9EA9-0050BAE317E1}"

Now install a fresh copy of PowerDirector 7.0 software using the link below :- "

They provided me a new download - this allowed me to reinstall, but did not resolve other isssues I was having.

Good Luck

Jason [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: Are you running 64bit?

2. After that install “Microsoft cleanup tool” and clean PowerDirector installation information:-

thanks Chris,

i have a 32-bit system, home premium.
when i download and try to install the Clean up tool it crashes. lol.

i also did a scan with RegCure and saw this:

have i mentioned yet how much i LUV Vista?!?!
Chris [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 17, 2008 08:45 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
This answer was for 64 bit - there may be a similar one for 32.
Walker [Avatar]
Member Joined: Dec 19, 2008 18:57 Messages: 97 Offline
[Post New]

I've been running Vista since the day it came out and I've never had an uninstall problem with any other software. This same thing happened to me and I ended up restoring an image of my system made before I installed PD7.

Jason [Avatar]
[Post New]
well, i got it to install. i just ran regedit and deleted the old CyberLink and PowerDirector entries a few times and then downloaded and installed the program from my email link. of course this was after i had gotten rid of the program files that had anything to do with CyberLink/PowerDirector and running those free programs, such as, CCleaner and AbsouteUninstaller (and RegCure). wheeewwhh. i love it when a computer problem gets solved.

thank,

jason