Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Borderless Prints
Rich Howard [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 17, 2016 18:28 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
Why can't PhotoDirector do borderless prints?

RIch
[Post New]
Hello Rich,

Welcome to the PhotoDirector forum laughing

I can't help you out with the "why", but I can tell you that's consistent with other photo management software I use, such as Lightroom.

On occasions when I need to print to the edge of the page, I open the photo(s) in graphics software and paste on a canvas of the exact print size, or crop the photo to those proportions. Voila! Borderless print.

Yes, I understand it's a restriction but not difficult to get around.

PIX PIX YouTube channel
Rich Howard [Avatar]
[Post New]
But printed photos never have borders. And every printer has
borderless options. And most other photo apps actually do do borderless.
What consumers want above all is organize, simple edits and print... as
photos. There no excuse for these not all being fornt and center in any photo app, except perhaps professional editing.
ChetS [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 30, 2014 13:45 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Hello Rich,

Welcome to the PhotoDirector forum laughing

I can't help you out with the "why", but I can tell you that's consistent with other photo management software I use, such as Lightroom.

On occasions when I need to print to the edge of the page, I open the photo(s) in graphics software and paste on a canvas of the exact print size, or crop the photo to those proportions. Voila! Borderless print.

Yes, I understand it's a restriction but not difficult to get around.

PIX

A restriction? It's a crap job of programming. I don't have this problem with Photoshop Elements 12, or ON1 V10, or printing wireless from an Apple Device. This problem has existed in V7 and V8 which I just purchased. I'm going to request a refund. Who has time to deal with this garbage when processing and printing a multitude of pictures during the day? Amateur programming job!
Rich Howard [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thank you Ethelyn. So much of the program is just fine. But as is so often, the nesessary basics are lost in a maze of extra features. In this case, a very basic one: borderless prints, has been completely forgotten. Argh.
ChetS [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 30, 2014 13:45 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Thank you Ethelyn. So much of the program is just fine. But as is so often, the nesessary basics are lost in a maze of extra features. In this case, a very basic one: borderless prints, has been completely forgotten. Argh.

Actually it hasn't. I solved the problem and I'm getting perfect borderless printouts. The problem is the printer has to pass the borderless feature to Photo Director and it does not do this automatically. I discovered how to do it by accident.

If you look at the Print dialog on the left in Director and set the number of collumns and rows to 1 and 1, the maximum size of the picture is under 4" x 6" The preview on the screen shows it's not borderless. You cannot set it to 4 x 6. If you go into the printer settings and create a custom printer setting called "Borderless" or some other name and set the Printer setting to borderless, dpi to 600 and paper to best or whatever, these settings will be transferred back to PhotoDirector if the printer saves that setting as the current default. Then maximize the dimension settings on the left and you will see 4.01" x 5.98" . The preview will reflect this. The preview will be borderless.

Print it and you will get a perfect borderless printout!

I'm using a HP ENVY 7640 Printer,Windows 8.1

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 03. 2017 09:15

[Post New]
Ethelyn! PIX YouTube channel