Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Aspect Ratio on Mobile App
Ivan2504 [Avatar]
Newbie Location: California Joined: Dec 17, 2016 16:35 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
Hi everybody,

I wanto to ask something about the mobile app, and I couldn't find the right thread, then I saw people asking things about it here.
Is there a way to set a different aspect ratio than 16:9 and 9:16 on my android device? I want to create some videos that are 4:3, but I cant find the way to set the aspect ratio to 4:3. The app offers me only 16:9 and 9:16.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Dec 17. 2016 16:45

[Post New]
Hi Ivan,

There are only 16:9 and 9:16...since it's for mobile using.

But I'm curious: Why 4:3 in 2016? ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
PowerDirector 365
Ivan2504 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Hi Ivan,

There are only 16:9 and 9:16...since it's for mobile using.

But I'm curious: Why 4:3 in 2016?

Because in aspect ratio 4:3 or any other aspect ratio closer to square shape look much better on Instagram. I make short videos, like sneak peak of my work, and feature them on Instagram. So far, I was using PowerDirector for mobile and then I would crop the video in another app. It would be nice if this option were available in PowerDirector.
[Post New]
I see...so you need 1:1 aspect ratio for IG. ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
PowerDirector 365
Ivan2504 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote I see...so you need 1:1 aspect ratio for IG.

Well, 1:1 or close to that, yes.