Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
M+PD and AVI
Alain II [Avatar]
Member Joined: Jan 20, 2015 01:34 Messages: 136 Offline
[Post New]
Hello to all,

I installed M+PD on a laptop to test it. The transcoding from MP4 to AVI (large files!) was done and put in a special file as requested in the installation guide. When I import these AVI's in PD14 Ultimate they do not open and a warning window appears saying "an error occurred while opening this media file in the media library. It may be because the file is broken , an unsupported format, etc.".

The files have ".avi" at the end as the format.

What am I doing wrong?

Your input is much appreciated.

Thanks.

Alain II
The Shadowman
Senior Contributor Location: UK Joined: Dec 15, 2014 13:06 Messages: 1831 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Hello to all,

I installed M+PD on a laptop to test it. The transcoding from MP4 to AVI (large files!) was done and put in a special file as requested in the installation guide. When I import these AVI's in PD14 Ultimate they do not open and a warning window appears saying "an error occurred while opening this media file in the media library. It may be because the file is broken , an unsupported format, etc.".

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks.

Hi Alain

Sorry to hear that you are having problems with Magic. I have never heard of this problem happening before.

Try a single clip as a test. Open Magic - open video file - save as .avi (the f7 option)

See how you get on with that

Robert

Alain II

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Dec 14. 2016 12:58

Panny TM10, GH2, GH4,
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
At one time windows 10 users had to download a fix from optodata get avi files recognized when using PD13. Do not know if this is the case with PD14. Win 10 users on this forum may be able to answer this.

Let us know which operating system you use.
Alain II [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Hello to all,

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks.

Hi Alain

Sorry to hear that you are having problems with Magic. I have never heard of this problem happening before.

Try a single clip as a test. Open Magic - open video file - save as .avi (the f7 option)

Robert

Alain II

Thanks for your quick answers. The OS is Windows 8.1. Robert, I have done exactly as you suggested. Nothing helps so far. ;~(

Alain II
The Shadowman
Senior Contributor Location: UK Joined: Dec 15, 2014 13:06 Messages: 1831 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Hello to all,

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks.

Hi Alain

Robert

Alain II

Thanks for your quick answers. The OS is Windows 8.1. Robert, I have done exactly as you suggested. Nothing helps so far. ;~(

Alain II

Hi Alain

Can you confirm that you are taking this route in Magic: FILE - JOB CONTROL - EDIT - PROCESS DIRECTORY - folder selection - START

I'm a bit baffled as why this is not working for you. Do you have another PC you can try it on?

Robert

PS Try this for me. Reload one of the failed AVI files back into Magic. Save as .avi. When the window opens change the name slightly so there is no confusion and see if the result is any different

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Dec 14. 2016 14:51

Panny TM10, GH2, GH4,
Alain II [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Hello to all,

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks.

Hi Alain

Robert

Alain II

Alain II

Hi Alain

Can you confirm that you are taking this route in Magic: FILE - JOB CONTROL - EDIT - PROCESS DIRECTORY - folder selection - START

I'm a bit baffled as why this is not working for you. Do you have another PC you can try it on?

Robert

PS Try this for me. Reload one of the failed AVI files back into Magic. Save as .avi. When the window opens change the name slightly so there is no confusion and see if the result is any different

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello Robert,

I managed to find the solution: suddenly the MP4 rushes could be imported with the Magic YUV title in it. However, the audio was strongly stuttering. This is mainly caused by using an external classic HDD but since the files inflate enormously (definitively around 10 times the initial files, the HDD can just not follow that demand. Disabling the real time preview shows a perfect image but then no sound).Therefore I retried using an external SSD and that works perfectly well as suggested in the directions of usage. I also followed your suggestion: file > job control > edit, etc. but since I have not yet discovered all the options in this program, is this a batch operation? Or an equivalent?

The second step is to buy the final prog and discover a new editing experiment. Sounds promising. I believe I will equip both laptops and experiment later this week with the desktops.

Thanks for your follow-up.

All the best.

Alain II :
The Shadowman
[Post New]
Quote Hello to all,

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks.

Hi Alain

Robert

Alain II

Alain II

Hi Alain

Robert

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello Robert,

I managed to find the solution: suddenly the MP4 rushes could be imported with the Magic YUV title in it. However, the audio was strongly stuttering. This is mainly caused by using an external classic HDD but since the files inflate enormously (definitively around 10 times the initial files, the HDD can just not follow that demand. Disabling the real time preview shows a perfect image but then no sound).Therefore I retried using an external SSD and that works perfectly well as suggested in the directions of usage. I also followed your suggestion: file > job control > edit, etc. but since I have not yet discovered all the options in this program, is this a batch operation? Or an equivalent?

The second step is to buy the final prog and discover a new editing experiment. Sounds promising. I believe I will equip both laptops and experiment later this week with the desktops.

All the best.

Alain II :

Hello Alain

This an extract that I sent to another member, it may help you too.

"I think you have a fair idea what to do when converting a single file, but lets just check:

Open Magic, then FILE - OPEN VIDEO FILE - select your file from the window - Then, SAVE AS AVI - select the folder required from the window. NB During this operation there is no need to see any video on the Magic panes. Select SAVE and the converted AVI will be very quickly converted to you chosen folder. And that's all you need to do for a single file.

However, working with one file at a time would be painfully slow so I'll try and explain the batch method. Don't worry it's easy too, you just need to set yourself up a bit. On your PC, and on the drive you use to work with PD, make two new directories say, MAGIC IN and MAGIC OUT. We will use MAGIC IN to take the clips from your camera (non AVI) into Magic+PD and MAGIC OUT will catch the AVIs after conversion ready for PD.

So load your camera clips into MAGIC IN and get ready to go. So in Magic+PD go to FILE - select JOB CONTROL - in the window that opens, select EDIT - PROCESS DIRECTORY in the window that opens select your new folder MAGIC IN click OK and you will immediately be asked to select the target directory, so select MAGIC OUT. Click OK and you will see the batch ready for covertion in the JOB CONTROL window.

In the Job Control window click START (not OK) and prepare to be amazed at the speed of conversion. Now open PD and load the files from MAGIC OUT. These will be your converted AVIs for easy editing. One nag I have found is, unless you can find a way, you have to manually delete the files in JOB CONTROL before starting another batch. To do this, highlight the last one and keep clicking delete. it works very quickly".

Good luck

Robert Panny TM10, GH2, GH4,
Alain II [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Hello to all,

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks.

Hi Alain

Robert

Alain II

Alain II

Hi Alain

Robert

Hello Robert,

All the best.

Alain II :

Hello Alain

This an extract that I sent to another member, it may help you too.

"I think you have a fair idea what to do when converting a single file, but lets just check:

Open Magic, then FILE - OPEN VIDEO FILE - select your file from the window - Then, SAVE AS AVI - select the folder required from the window. NB During this operation there is no need to see any video on the Magic panes. Select SAVE and the converted AVI will be very quickly converted to you chosen folder. And that's all you need to do for a single file.

However, working with one file at a time would be painfully slow so I'll try and explain the batch method. Don't worry it's easy too, you just need to set yourself up a bit. On your PC, and on the drive you use to work with PD, make two new directories say, MAGIC IN and MAGIC OUT. We will use MAGIC IN to take the clips from your camera (non AVI) into Magic+PD and MAGIC OUT will catch the AVIs after conversion ready for PD.

So load your camera clips into MAGIC IN and get ready to go. So in Magic+PD go to FILE - select JOB CONTROL - in the window that opens, select EDIT - PROCESS DIRECTORY in the window that opens select your new folder MAGIC IN click OK and you will immediately be asked to select the target directory, so select MAGIC OUT. Click OK and you will see the batch ready for covertion in the JOB CONTROL window.

In the Job Control window click START (not OK) and prepare to be amazed at the speed of conversion. Now open PD and load the files from MAGIC OUT. These will be your converted AVIs for easy editing. One nag I have found is, unless you can find a way, you have to manually delete the files in JOB CONTROL before starting another batch. To do this, highlight the last one and keep clicking delete. it works very quickly".

Good luck

Robert

Thanks Robert!