Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
White Balance-apply all=fail
BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
Could the membership please test to see if the White Balance control is applied to all when using "Apply to All"? Mine is not. HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Nvidia GTX 960(4GB)/16GB DDR3/
Canon Vixia HV30/HF-M40/HF-M41/HF-G20/Olympus E-PL5.
Tape capture using 6 VCR, TBC-1000, Elite BVP4+, Sony D8 camcorder with TBC.
https://www.facebook.com/BarryAFTT
vn800rider
Senior Contributor Location: Darwen, UK Joined: May 15, 2008 04:32 Messages: 1949 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Barry,

I've just tested on my setup running PD 2309.

I used different bunches of surface and scuba stuff which always show up white balance changes well. I used both 720 mp4 and 1080 mov clips from different cameras.

When I first started, I thought I'd replicated your fail but I've done it 10 times so far, closing and starting PD in between on 5 tests and using both the white balance picker and the colour temperature and hue sliders and it seems to apply to all correctly.

I can also deselect the white balance on a single clip and apply to all properly, so all clips become deselected.

We'll see what others have to say?

Cheers

Adrian Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated. (see below)
Confucius
AMD Phenom IIX6 1055T, win10, 5 internal drives, 7 usb drives, struggling power supply.
Paul1945
Contributor Location: South Africa Joined: Apr 12, 2014 14:11 Messages: 327 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Hi Barry,

I've just tested on my setup running PD 2309.

I used different bunches of surface and scuba stuff which always show up white balance changes well. I used both 720 mp4 and 1080 mov clips from different cameras.

When I first started, I thought I'd replicated your fail but I've done it 10 times so far, closing and starting PD in between on 5 tests and using both the white balance picker and the colour temperature and hue sliders and it seems to apply to all correctly.

I can also deselect the white balance on a single clip and apply to all properly, so all clips become deselected.

We'll see what others have to say?

Cheers

Adrian

Hi Barry mine is working 100 % in all settings Pauls PC
X399 AORUS Extreme/AMD Ryzen2970WX/1xQuatro 4000 Driver:Geforce 419.67Skill V DDR4 64GB/3200MHz/Win10 prox64
Intel SSD 750/400 / Intel SSD 750/1.2Tb 1x4TB SSHD /1xSeagate 10TB pro
1xSamsung UA28D590 4k LUMIX GH5 1xLG HDR
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Sorry Barry -

I can only echo what Adrian & Paul have observed. No fail here.

Using the Temperature/Tint sliders or the white calibration dropper, "Apply to All" works just fine.

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
OK, how about when I go from the timeline to the production module, and return to timeline, the white balance resets to the default position. Every...single...time. HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Barry -

I've done everything possible to make it fail here, but I've failed.

Applied Fix/Enhance - white balance - Apply to all - go to Produce - return - everything as I left it - reset clips - apply different WB setting - apply to all - go to Produce - produce file - return to Edit - everything as I left it.

I have no idea what might be making yours "not stick". Have you done a clean install yet?

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
BarryTheCrab
[Post New]
I am beginning to suspect it was shadow files causing the issue. I just opened a related project and all the files had a reddish hue from previous color-tweaking attempts, even though all the FX and tweaks had been removed. HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)