Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Capture audio too high
Watercolorwilly [Avatar]
Senior Member Location: Phoenix Joined: Mar 13, 2011 11:35 Messages: 211 Offline
[Post New]
I've used the capture function a lot, but today I discovered that the audio is way too high and records with distorted clipping. Has anyone observed this ? Any suggestions to control the audio level? I've had to install a third party app to capture the audio I needed off a website and it works. I conclude the PD15 has a new bug . Bill Seifert
HP Pavilion Desktop TP01-2022
8 core
AMD Radeon
Windows 11, 16 GB RAM

CLD [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Mar 23, 2007 02:05 Messages: 925 Offline
[Post New]
Hello,

You are capturing from one of the sources in the Capture window? If yes, which one. Most of them let you go into settings and adjust the audio input volume so that this doesn't occur.

Please provide more info if you can so we can help.

David
Watercolorwilly [Avatar]
Senior Member Location: Phoenix Joined: Mar 13, 2011 11:35 Messages: 211 Offline
[Post New]
David, I used this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4YMYIoZDmxY

I have PD15 installed on my PC and my laptop for backup. I recorded on both as normal, then again with the audio control on the video clip well below the normal setting. The result is always the same: terrible distorted and clipped audio. It has worked for years, but the other day this issue happened and I can't do anything for it. I never had to adjust anything because it recorded video and sound perfectly. I was so happy with this feature until now. Any more ideas?

Bill

Quote Hello,

You are capturing from one of the sources in the Capture window? If yes, which one. Most of them let you go into settings and adjust the audio input volume so that this doesn't occur.

Please provide more info if you can so we can help.

David
Bill Seifert
8 core
AMD Radeon
Windows 11, 16 GB RAM

Richmond Dan
Senior Contributor Location: Richmond, VA Joined: Aug 07, 2014 17:17 Messages: 673 Offline
[Post New]
David, I used this:

I have PD15 installed on my PC and my laptop for backup. I recorded on both as normal, then again with the audio control on the video clip well below the normal setting. The result is always the same: terrible distorted and clipped audio. It has worked for years, but the other day this issue happened and I can't do anything for it. I never had to adjust anything because it recorded video and sound perfectly. I was so happy with this feature until now. Any more ideas?

Bill,

You say your problem is solved, but not how. Please post your solution, which will help others that may have the same issue.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Dec 07. 2016 16:44

Regards,
Dan
Power Director 21-Ultimate
v 21.0.3111.0
XPS-8940, Win-10 64-bit,
Intel Core i9-10900 processor
(10 core, 20M Cache),
32GB DDR4 RAM, 2TB M.2 PCIe NVME SSD, 2TB 7200 RPM SATA HDD,
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 SUPER 8GB GDDR6
Watercolorwilly [Avatar]
[Post New]
NO. I did not solve the problem. Perhaps it indicated as solved because I tried the remove the check mark that automatically appeared at the bottom.

I'm still waiting for solutions.

Bill

Quote David, I used this:

Bill,

You say your problem is solved, but not how. Please post your solution, which will help others that may have the same issue.
Bill Seifert
8 core
AMD Radeon
Windows 11, 16 GB RAM

Red2112 [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Spain Joined: Dec 07, 2016 17:37 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
I have the same problem.

I havent used PowerDirector for a while (two months) beacuse my mic broke on me, so I got a new head-set yesterday (Razer Kraken) and when I went to record with PD15 It had to be updated so I did. I then tried to record my gameplay but everytime I did a screen capture (that´s how I record my gameplays) the result was a very bad distorted sound output (game output) and very high. The mic recorded was ok but the game output was horrible.

I tried all the settings I could on PD15 and on Windows10 but nothing got rid off that nasty overloaded distortion!

I then tried recording the same gameplay with nVidia ShadowPlay (nVidia Experiance) and everthing worked fine, no issues with game output. So my guess is that it has to do with the recent PD15 update, as before this update everything worked fine and I didnt have to do any ajustments to PD15.

I hope we can get a fix on this.

Best regards.

Red
Watercolorwilly [Avatar]
[Post New]
OK! I'm glad I'm not the only one. Now how do we get tech support to follow up on this and get a patch?

Bill

Quote I have the same problem.

I havent used PowerDirector for a while (two months) beacuse my mic broke on me, so I got a new head-set yesterday (Razer Kraken) and when I went to record with PD15 It had to be updated so I did. I then tried to record my gameplay but everytime I did a screen capture (that´s how I record my gameplays) the result was a very bad distorted sound output (game output) and very high. The mic recorded was ok but the game output was horrible.

I tried all the settings I could on PD15 and on Windows10 but nothing got rid off that nasty overloaded distortion!

I then tried recording the same gameplay with nVidia ShadowPlay (nVidia Experiance) and everthing worked fine, no issues with game output. So my guess is that it has to do with the recent PD15 update, as before this update everything worked fine and I didnt have to do any ajustments to PD15.

Best regards.

Red
Bill Seifert
8 core
AMD Radeon
Windows 11, 16 GB RAM

Red2112 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote OK! I'm glad I'm not the only one. Now how do we get tech support to follow up on this and get a patch?

Bill

Quote I have the same problem.

Best regards.

Red

Yep hope we do get some help. If not we can always revert to the previous version before the update.
CLD [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hello,

Neither of you indicated exactly where in PowerDirector you are capturing the video, so it is hard to help you. All you shared was a YouTube video of seals. You are recording that somehow?

Please provide this information and a screen shot so others can help.

David
Red2112 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Hello,

Neither of you indicated exactly where in PowerDirector you are capturing the video, so it is hard to help you. All you shared was a YouTube video of seals. You are recording that somehow?

Please provide this information and a screen shot so others can help.

David

As stated before. I tried recording my gameplay via the CyberLink Screen Recorder 15 which you can ALSO open from within Power Director 15.

There´s not much more settings to tweak really. The thing is that other capture programs work with no issues, so it has to do with this recent update. Hope the pic´s help.

Regards,

Red
vn800rider
Senior Contributor Location: Darwen, UK Joined: May 15, 2008 04:32 Messages: 1949 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Guys,

I hadn't applied the latest patch 2309, but did so today.

I did a screen recorder test before and after, without changing anything on the system other than applying the patch in the normal way.

I can confirm the before 2309 result as being normal as expected, but completely unusable after.

I have made my test clips available to CyberLink as direct comparisons.

Cheers

Adrian Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated. (see below)
Confucius
AMD Phenom IIX6 1055T, win10, 5 internal drives, 7 usb drives, struggling power supply.
CLD [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hey guys,

I see there is a hot fix for the Screen Recorder available now. Do you want to try it and see if it fixes your issue?

http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/50503.page

David
Watercolorwilly [Avatar]
[Post New]
This immediately fixed my problem. THANKS!

Bill@watercolorwilly.com

Quote Hey guys,

I see there is a hot fix for the Screen Recorder available now. Do you want to try it and see if it fixes your issue?

http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/50503.page

David
Bill Seifert
8 core
AMD Radeon
Windows 11, 16 GB RAM