Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Am I going mad??
[Post New]
I have just downloaded Powerdirector 7 and all looks good however my timeline is squeezed to the bottom of the page to the point where I can hardly see it to do any editing.
There appears to be an option at the top of the timeline (or bottom of the media window) where 2 arrows appear I can drag the window up to enlarge it however it doesn't actually drag anything so I am stuck with a very small timeline and a very large media window.
What am I doing or what have I done wrong??
Thanks

OOOOPS..sorry just noticed that everbody had the same problem and from that I can assume they still have the problem.

I have sent a enquiry to Technical Support - 24/12/08

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Dec 24. 2008 07:07

I'm here for a good time, not a long time.
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Brian,

You need to play with PD7 some more and check out everything.

Dafydd
[Post New]
I have sent an enquiry to Technical Support maybe they will come back with a helpful response. I'm here for a good time, not a long time.
[Post New]
Quote: I have just downloaded Powerdirector 7 and all looks good however my timeline is squeezed to the bottom of the page to the point where I can hardly see it to do any editing. What am I doing or what have I done wrong?? Thanks
Hi Brian, you're not doing a thing wrong. You're a new user getting familiar with how PD7 works.

The way to "expand" your project so that you can see it is to adjust the way the timeline looks. If you look at the very bottom left hand corner of your project window, you'll see a small little slider with two clock faces at either end. If you click on the one to the right, it will expand the elements in the timeline. Clicking on the left clock will compress everything.

A lot of us are new comers to PD7, so don't feel badly; most of us are still learning around here.
Walker [Avatar]
Member Joined: Dec 19, 2008 18:57 Messages: 97 Offline
[Post New]

I'm pretty sure he means the entire Timeline/Storyboard view area (not the time zoom functionality).

In which case there "Fit Timeline" button on the right-hand side.

[Thumb - fit_timeline.jpg]
 Filename
fit_timeline.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
7 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
156 time(s)
[Post New]
Thanks guys,
Problem solved. The "Fit Timeline" was the gismo I was looking for.
Thanks again

I'm here for a good time, not a long time.