Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Updates
Lou s Preto [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 13, 2016 17:33 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
How can you determine if you have the latest update. I had a problem when downloading. It said that it needed an update. So I downloaded the the update. When I went into the program it said that it needed to be activated. I reinstalled and then realized where I had to put in the code. So I may have lost the update.Will Power Director 15 Ultimate check for updates?? Lou Preto
[Post New]
You can get the latest beta update from the topic on top of this forum.

http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/50164.page

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Nov 15. 2016 17:16

AlS
Senior Member Location: South Africa Joined: Sep 23, 2014 18:07 Messages: 290 Offline
[Post New]
Quote How can you determine if you have the latest update. I had a problem when downloading. It said that it needed an update. So I downloaded the the update. When I went into the program it said that it needed to be activated. I reinstalled and then realized where I had to put in the code. So I may have lost the update.Will Power Director 15 Ultimate check for updates??

You must activate it - and it will check for updates - but not Beta updates as they are still being tested before becoming an official release. I wait for the official update and avoid Beta patches.

Al Power Director 13&14 Ultimate, Photo Director 6, Audio Dir, Pwr2Go 10
Win 10 64, Intel MB DH87MC, Intel i5-4670 CPU @ 3.40GHz, 16Gb DDR3 1600, 128Gb SSD, 2x1Tb WDBlue 7200rpmSATA6, Intel 4600 GPU, Gigabyte G1 GTX960 4GB, LG BluRay Writer
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Lou s Preto -

I've been using PDR for a while now & I've never know it to automatically check for updates.

I either check the sticky posts in the forum to see whether there are any new patches, or go to http://www.cyberlink.com/support/powerdirector-ultra/patches_en_GB.html to make sure my PDR is up-to-date.

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
AlS
Senior Member Location: South Africa Joined: Sep 23, 2014 18:07 Messages: 290 Offline
[Post New]
The program can also show you updates. Click on the bell img in the top right corner.

It says "Check for Updates or Upgrage". Seeattached file.
[Thumb - Untitled.jpg]
 Filename
Untitled.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
11 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
22 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Nov 17. 2016 08:08

Power Director 13&14 Ultimate, Photo Director 6, Audio Dir, Pwr2Go 10
Win 10 64, Intel MB DH87MC, Intel i5-4670 CPU @ 3.40GHz, 16Gb DDR3 1600, 128Gb SSD, 2x1Tb WDBlue 7200rpmSATA6, Intel 4600 GPU, Gigabyte G1 GTX960 4GB, LG BluRay Writer
All vodi
Senior Contributor Location: Canada Joined: Aug 21, 2009 11:24 Messages: 1431 Offline
[Post New]
I agree with ynotfish. PD is not reliable enough for update checking. The best is this forum since not only is it upto date but gives you warnings if anyone is having issues with it. Win 10, i7