Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
To produce or not to produce...
PatsyP [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 06, 2015 13:17 Messages: 14 Offline
[Post New]
Last video I put together on PD14, Windows10, I used very few produced clips in the whole before producing the final.

Is there anything detrimental in using mostly produced clips to string together for the final production?
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Last video I put together on PD14, Windows10, I used very few produced clips in the whole before producing the final.

Is there anything detrimental in using mostly produced clips to string together for the final production?

Usually no real issue. Just make sure any of the produced clips are of the same quaility (frame size, frame rate, bitrate, codec) as the source clips (Intelligent SVRT can often help there), or as a minimum, the same quality as you intend for the final production.

Jeff
stevek
Senior Contributor Location: Houston, Texas USA Joined: Jan 25, 2011 12:18 Messages: 4663 Offline
[Post New]
I do it all the time because:

1) If there is a problem with the project, it will not produce

2) If I produce it and then preview it I may be able to edit just that one.

Jeff seems to do it the other way but if caution is taken, there should be no problem Are you going to make a DVD, AVCHD or blu ray disc? Just as long as you use the same settings, it is your choice. .
BoilerPlate: To posters who ask for help -- it is nice to thank the volunteers who try to answer your questions !
Anything I post unless stated with a reference is my personal opinion.
PatsyP [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 06, 2015 13:17 Messages: 14 Offline
[Post New]
Ill be producing a DVD in final.

Or maybe an AVC for the computer.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Nov 10. 2016 17:14

[Post New]
I just did that with my last project. As Steve mention my clips were all pre-produced in the same format and so on. It seems to have worked out well.