Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Audio/Video out of Sync, When Producing with Variable Frame Rate Video
Ace Rimmer [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 30, 2016 06:34 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
I am recording video-game footage with Nvidia's GeForce Share (formerly called ShadowPlay). GeForce Share records H.264 MP4 at a variable frame rate. When I produce these videos in PowerDirector 13 the audio/video becomes out of sync. I am outputting to H.264 MP4 in PowerDirector 13. I am pretty certain the audio/video becomes out of sync because the GeForce Share video files have a variable frame rate.

To get around this I have been using a program called Handbrake to first convert the files to a constant frame rate. When I produce with these files in PowerDirector 13 the audio/video stays in sync.

Converting the GeForce Share files with Handbrake is less than desirable though, for two reasons. Firstly, I am having to transcode the files. Which is never a good thing in terms of quality. Secondly, it takes absolutely ages. On the medium preset it takes around twice the time of the video length. On my slave i5 laptop it's more like x4.

Please, does anyone have any better solutions? As these transcode times are killing me. When looking online for a solution, some users of PowerDirector said that they had no issue producing with variable frame rate video. Is this correct? Can PowerDirector handle variable frame rate video? Am I missing an option? Do I need to tick a box somewhere?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

This message was edited 4 times. Last update was at Nov 03. 2016 04:37

System Specs:
PowerDirector 13
CPU: Intel Core i5-4670
GPU: EVGA GTX 760 SC
RAM: 2X4GB
Mobo: Gigabyte Z87X-UD3H
PSU: OCZ-ZT 650W
Storage: 256GB SSD & 2TB HDD
Case: Fracal Design R5
CLD [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Mar 23, 2007 02:05 Messages: 925 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Ace,

Can you provide us with more info about PowerDirector and your system? Is your PowerDirector 13 up-to-date with the latest patch update?

http://www.cyberlink.com/support/powerdirector-ultra/patches_en_US.html

Also, can you generate and attached your DxDiag file? This way users can assess and see if your system is up-to-date as well. Info for generating that can be found here:

http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/50109.page#post_box_263498

David
Ace Rimmer [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 30, 2016 06:34 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Hi Ace,

Can you provide us with more info about PowerDirector and your system? Is your PowerDirector 13 up-to-date with the latest patch update?

http://www.cyberlink.com/support/powerdirector-ultra/patches_en_US.html

Also, can you generate and attached your DxDiag file? This way users can assess and see if your system is up-to-date as well. Info for generating that can be found here:

http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/50109.page#post_box_263498

David

Thank you for the reply, David.

My PowerDirector is up to date (v13.3516). So is Windows.

I'm not really comfortable with uploading that DxDiag file though. It seems like an insane amount of information about my system, much of which I don't understand. It seems overkill for the problem; my computer is not failing.

This is an isolated issue within PowerDirector. I don't have a fancy setup, or any other programs running when producing in PowerDirector. It is also not a hardware issue.

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Nov 03. 2016 03:48

System Specs:
PowerDirector 13
CPU: Intel Core i5-4670
GPU: EVGA GTX 760 SC
RAM: 2X4GB
Mobo: Gigabyte Z87X-UD3H
PSU: OCZ-ZT 650W
Storage: 256GB SSD & 2TB HDD
Case: Fracal Design R5
[Post New]
If patch does not help, try to disable hardware decode in Preferences, and don't use SVRT to produce video.

Software decoder and encoder should be more reliable. ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
PowerDirector 365